Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,340 members, 7,947,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

What Is Focus? - By Donxy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Focus? - By Donxy (209 Views)

Jamb Use Of English 2019 Focus Guide - If You Fear English Check In / Tiv Religious Practices And Changes:a Focus On Imaborvungu,poor And Ibiamegh / Nigerian Graduates Don't Have Focus In Life – Don (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Focus? - By Donxy by donxy: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Experts define Focus as the act of concentrating your interest or activity on something. But to many, this definition may appear a little bit boring, don't you think? Yeah I did think so at first, not until I discovered a key word hiding behind that brief definition.

The key discovery in that definition is simply choice. In order to concentrate on a particular task, one has to ignore every other task by default. This simply reminds me of the phrase "Let's take it one step at a time." This Phrase has a lot to talk about when it comes to focus. One task at a time let's u embark on the mission of unleashing your ability to focus, other tasks can come later.

Focus is one of the key make up component of Productivity. Let's say you booked a flight that is scheduled for 2:00pm tomorrow in order for you to convince the Managing Director brand on some business deals that could be beneficial to both companies, I believe anyone in this shoe will at some point today plan how this meeting is going to go, starting from what to say, drafting out possible questions that be asked and the answers, being ahead of time to both at the airport and the venue of this meeting, and lots more.

If more time were to be available, just maybe you may have procrastinated a bit, but no, you have now been forced due to deadline to choose your priority which will give you more ability of potentials to accomplish this task.

However, the ability of multitasking is seen as a better option. Multitasking can be done by anybody technically but focus-wise, I will give it a no. You can be eating noodles while watching the news on the television, but you are either focused on digging a fork into your noodle plate or you are focused on a particular headline on the television. Multitasking makes your brain to focus back and forth very quickly from either eating the noodles or watching the television.

There is a mental penalty for defaulters who multitask. The cost is simply "disruption in performance."

Imagine yourself in the middle of solving a calculus question and you are interrupted by a friend, you will find out that when the conversation is over, it takes you a few minutes to find your bearing. And "Bearing" I believe is another topic in mathematics different from what you are currently into.

Set out your priority from the Top first to the last and attend to them in that hierarchy.

#StayFocused

Donxy.

Your Criticisms are still welcomed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Re: CITN April Diet Exams - Celebrate Yourself This Weekend / Diabolical Ironclad Beetles Can Get Squished And Survive / How I Speak Different Foreign Languages – Kawthar Adeniyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.