Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) (29158 Views)

EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) / I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters / Bandits Block Lagos-Ibadan Road, Kidnap CMD’s Son, 2 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by hardbody: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
orgylover:
bastard, u dey street now? show me proof where u loosed 30k on prepaid meter and it never lasted for 7days. u guys keep screaming u need 24 hour power. do you think it doesnt come with a price?

I don't wanna join the argument on #Endsars or not but I have just picked up my PHCN bill with N117k plus on it. I collected it from the gate when I stepped out to switch on the generator. It is September billl only, not accumulated. My house is a duplex occupied by only me and I don't run a business. As I type, I am just concluding a meeting on WEBEX and I used my generator since 9am when the meeting started.

I had applied for Pay as you go meter and even bribed with 165k since I moved into this estate in November 2019. Yes it's a bribe. While in the mainland, Ikeja Electric gave me same meter after I showed proof of up to date bills payment and I only payed the official fees for the meter which is still hanging on the pole in front of my House. EKEDC on the hand had been giving me whatever catches their fancy as estimated bill.

My point is, argue on what you know and leave out areas that you have limitations. People are paying stupendous amounts on electricity bills and it can't be justified.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Annie001: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these HOODLUMS calling themselves protesters angry angry
I pray before the end of this year, you feel how jimoh, tina and kolade family felt
You will witness it firsthand
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by orgylover: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Donspicey:

Sure dem end sars for paper...

Maybe if u become the IGP you can order ur Boys to tear gas nd open fire on protesters....

For ur mind na Endsars b the Issue abi

Nigerians re tired of d incessant hardship plaqueing the nation.....

#EndBadGovt....

They must hear word......
then they should say end bad govt na. why are they screaming about sars that they said has been ended?>
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Adesola00(f): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
Gbolarshow:
Aluta Continua!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victoria ascerta !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by goodheart02(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
ZeroAccess:
They call us lazy youths, that all we know how to do best is focus our energy on BBN. Now the monsters are out on the street and no more twitter cry.

On a lighter note, are you sure is just end sars naija is calling for. Cos the ig already ended that shit, at least on paper. Naija abeg speak up on other issues.

Everyone is bitter. This protest was only an Avenue to exercise their displeasure with the government. The best the presidency can do now is to call for an emergency reorganisation of this country, else we would be looking at another Arab spring.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by goodheart02(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
orgylover:
this is becoming more of a nuisance than a protest. u said endsars, they ended it so what is all this rubbish na? this is why i dont support giving people what the ask for . if say dem continue to disperse these yahoo boys and arm robbers with tear gass and gun shuts, them for don use their head now. now they are causing nuisance everywhere. why block airport? if at all u want to protest, take it to senate, take t to house of reps, take it to house of assembly, take it to aso rock, take it to police stations. why block airport? dont they know that some people might be travelling for important engagement?

And how do u know SARS has really been disbanned. Seems you're from Kosovo. Anyway this is Nigeria where the government scams it's citizens.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Omoluabi16(m): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

The ruling party vs. the youths - 2023. I'm here for this!!! grin cheesy
Exactly. I am tired of us f***ing it up at the polls each time. I just hope we do away with our foolish thing before then. If you knew why some people voted certain candidates in 2019, you would weep. There must be unity of purpose.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by fortran12: 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Originalsly:
This one is serious...... really need more people.... and they should come prepared to battle Police. Whatever happens here..... would draw international attention.
No country has Nigeria's time now, they are focused on their pandemic
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Exactly. I am tired of us f***ing it up at the polls each time. I just hope we do away with our foolish thing before then. If you knew why some people voted certain candidates in 2019, you would weep. There must be unity of purpose.

If this ain't the truth.

We must give no room for tribalistic, etc., divisions.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by boxofix: 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these HOODLUMS calling themselves protesters angry angry
You be goat. All of us na hoodlums abi. Nama
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Omoluabi16(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

If this ain't the truth.

We must give no room for tribalistic, etc., divisions.
Our biggest bane. we seem incapable of rising above it. The north with a significant population are in a world of their own. The south is fractured and so much mistrust amongst ourselves, yet there is only one direction we need to go if this country will make headway. I just hope we wisen up and stay angry till 2023, because these our leaders will fight to the last to maintain the status quo. An outright revolution will be difficult, too complex.

Where have you been?
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Our biggest bane. we seem incapable of rising above it. The north with a significant population are in a world of their own.

Do you think our parents are responsible for this? Fanning the fire of tribalism, by telling us this and that about other tribes and who to marry or not? Because I think we young ones are pretty flexible and exploratory. We want to and fall in love with ourselves despite our tribal/religious differences.

The south is fractured and so much mistrust amongst ourselves, yet there is only one direction we need to go if this country will make headway. I just hope we wisen up and stay angry till 2023, because these our leaders will fight to the last to maintain the status quo. An outright revolution will be difficult, too complex.

Why I hope and pray for this momentum to keep expanding and packing much support.

And swears. They think we're joking this time. We go tire, abi?

There are two petitions being signed, rn. One to the International Criminal Court against the IGP... I can't remember the other, but @DrOlufunmilayo started it.

Where have you been?

Flying, with the wind, wherever it went. smiley
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by kalvoken(m): 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Litmus:

Dude has a point. You can’t have that 24/7 electricity power you all want without sacrifices. I guess you’re going to think, ‘you don’t mind paying your bills, but not when the bill is "too" high’. Unfortunately you’ll soon experience what I call the psychology of bills paying when Nigeria becomes a Nation that collects taxes properly and utilises those taxes to provide you all with appropriate services. You’ll find that no matter how small your bills are, if you have to pay them regularly, and a lifetime of this stretches ahead, you'll find that your bill will soon seem too high.

The dude is worried that now that you got your way with SARS, you all will want to protest about everything - in a sort of self-indulgent and entitled way - such as not wanting to pay for your utility bills, rent, tolls etc.

And the worry worry made him to call someone he have no knowledge about names.

I'm equally worried that that his mouth or finger would send him to an untimely journey of no returns

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Declares Enonche Ugbagbe Wanted / NDU Medical Student Plunges Into A River After Failing An Exam / Woman In Kano Locks Up Her Step-children In A Room To Starve To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.