Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better (7140 Views)

What Lagos And Its Environs Looked Like In The 40's-60’s (photos) / This Is Ajose Adeogun, VI Lagos And Not New York City. / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by Attention(f): 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2011
have plans to relocate with my family to either of these states. pls advice which more favourable and why? am business inclined though with no specific area of interest, can switch business any time considering opportunities.
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by mamagee3(f): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2011
Port harcourt is so much better than Lagos in all aspect.

When I was in Lagos, I saw workers getting up early just to be at work in time to prevent a slow traffic delay.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by Attention(f): 11:38pm On Mar 06, 2011
thanks mamagee. outside the traffic what about business opportunities? since jobs are now generally difficult to come by. was thinking lagos would be better with business.
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by endmoll(m): 1:09am On Mar 07, 2011
Port Harcourt is really poo and you will regret ever moving there. Lagos is preferable and more business oriented as you stated in your post. My best advice is to look into your options about Port Harcourt and see if you can cope with the mess over there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by anfanio: 1:07am On Mar 08, 2011
Lagos
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by endmoll(m): 1:24am On Mar 08, 2011
I will strongly prefer you make lagos your first choice,port harcourt should be at the bottom of your list.
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by MaziUche0(m): 4:58am On Mar 08, 2011
Port Harcourt is a nice city if you are interested in petroleum industry. Traffic is definitely not as bad as Lagos. And I feel crime is also an issue in Lagos compared to Port Harcourt.
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by endmoll(m): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2011
@Maziuche0,What is nice about PortHarcourt that some body with a family can be happy about? When you want to compare Lagos and Portharcourt it terms of crime you have to live in Lagos to know that the crime rate in Lagos has gone down in Lagos in recent years and every body can"t go into petroleum business as you rightly mentioned in your post. The poster remember has a family and needs an enabling environment for the family too of which portharcourt does not have.Lagos has what it takes to be comfortable and do your business without stress.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by kodewrita(m): 8:09am On Mar 09, 2011
MaziUche0:

Port Harcourt is a nice city if you are interested in petroleum industry. Traffic is definitely not as bad as Lagos. And I feel crime is also an issue in Lagos compared to Port Harcourt.

Please dont bamboozle the poor woman. anyone who has been stuck on the lone route into woji or had to drive 5 mins just to make a left turn will tell you PH is real irritating. Of course its much smaller than Lagos and life may seem to have a slower pace but there's a larger population in Lagos.

however, if you possess the right connections/network PH might just be the place. Lots of oil companies around and lots of associated companies around. flights to all major cities. nearby port with lesser backload compared to lagos.
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by nnemak(m): 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
@Attention
Attention:

have plans to relocate with my family to either of these states. pls advice which more favourable and why? am business inclined though with no specific area of interest, can switch business any time considering opportunities.

You have got some infomation for us. Reach me through nne_mak@yahoo.com as soon as possible.
Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
i live in port-harcourt,and have visited lagos numerous times,and so i'm in a good position to advice you.lagos and port-harcourt provides you with the same oppurtunities(though port-harcourt gives you 70% of what lagos would give),i would advice you 2 move to port-harcourt,not just in the oil industry(a mistake most people make),there are over 3million people in port-harcourt(the market is large),you don't wake up by 4am to beat any traffic(there is traffic,nt like in lagos),crime in the city is low,since GEJ came into power ,electricity output has increased drastically,there relaxating spots in the city,where u can chill out with family or friends(jst like in lagos).infcat port-harcourt is a mini-lagos,minus the stress.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Port Harcourt Which Is Better by kelesty: 12:32am On Apr 28, 2020
i live in port-harcourt,and have visited lagos numerous times,and so i'm in a good position to advice you.lagos and port-harcourt provides you with the same oppurtunities(though port-harcourt gives you 70% of what lagos would give),i would advice you 2 move to port-harcourt,not just in the oil industry(a mistake most people make),there are over 3million people in port-harcourt(the market is large),you don't wake up by 4am to beat any traffic(there is traffic,nt like in lagos),crime in the city is low,since GEJ came into power ,electricity output has increased drastically,there relaxating spots in the city,where u can chill out with family or friends(jst like in lagos).infcat port-harcourt is a mini-lagos,minus the stress.

This is not totally true. The OP wants to start life and huzzle where are d cheap houses in PH compared to Lagos? Where are d schools, health care service and markets as compared to Lagos? Talking about security I laugh u in Chinese PH safe! Stressful yes ur on point. Buzz yes ur on point after u loan him money for rent. Electricity yes again ur on point only few places like orazi, agip etc..

(1) (Reply)

I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... / Travelling To Kazakhstan / Advice Needed From Nigerians Living in Hungary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.