Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,055 members, 7,896,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language (876 Views)

Guys Will You Marry Any Of This Soldier Slay Queens! Pics / She Asked Me "If Am Good" And I Dnt Understand Her. / I’m Ready To Marry Any Man At All, Once He Has 2 Hands & Legs – Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by Jajaslim: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
My people what my eyes saw today shock me!

This girl that i love and trusted so much, came to visit me and was making call with another guy which she claims is her cousin, unknown to her i was recording her conversation with my phone.

I did this because i had suspected her previously, and a friend who is from her home town asked me to try and record her conversation whenever I suspect her while on phone which i did and to my surprise:

The call was all about a guy she was going to spend the night with. Oh mine!

How can I continue with this girl? I’ve not told her but this is the end of us!

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by chychy12(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Sorry bro... Take heart..
Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by Camelot65: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2020
LMAO cheesy.......This is funny
Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by pocohantas(f): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Lol, funny post, but true situation.

I have a colleague that was dating an Igbo guy. She’ll come to WhatsApp by 11pm; “babe, what is tgggyyyyyeeeehhhhhw”.

Me: I don’t quite understand. What context was it used?

She’ll go on to explain and I will translate. It became more frequent and at a point, before she goes to cook in the kitchen, she will put on her voice recorder, lock the screen and leave the phone there with him- because she knows that is when he’ll make calls. She’ll do the same thing while hanging out with him and his friends, another spot for original gist.

Finally she brought a voice recording that I could not translate- I didn’t want premium tears (at work). I only told her to go back and ask him certain questions. She got the translation from someone else though.

They are no longer together, but she keeps telling me she MUST marry an Igbo guy, she loves the oriaku way of life. Language is a serious barrier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2020
EQUATION. QUICKLY BALANCED WITH THE POST ABOVE lipsrsealed : Anyway Lesson, don't marry Any GUY/ BABE You don’t Understand His / Her Native Language. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
Mean while this comes to mind

pansophist:
The only impediment to interracial marriage is inter culture. For example, in multi cultural countries such as brazil, Canada, and the USA, interracial marriage is common and a norm, because if you peel the colour away, you're left with two people that comes from same culture, speak same language and wont have to deal with families scattered in far fetch area of the globe. It's pretty much plug and play.

The challenges I've seen with people that are in interracial marriages are normally those from different countries (eg Nigerian and Iranian). The culture, religion, language, visa issues and distance between families is a huge factor that can break the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by flokii: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
I once witnessed a couple have heated arguement because of this language ish. The man was from Middle Belt I think and the wife was a Southerner, likely Igbo. The man asked the wife to step out of his car that he is not marrying again simply because she muttered some abusive words to him in her native language. It wasn't funny atal.
Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by sanity12(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
oga o
Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Men that thing nah total off
I just shag them
Re: I Will Never Marry Any Girl I Don’t Understand Her Native Language by chinchonglee(m): 12:13am On Oct 15, 2020
pocohantas:
Lol, funny post, but true situation.

I have a colleague that was dating an Igbo guy. She’ll come to WhatsApp by 11pm; “babe, what is tgggyyyyyeeeehhhhhw”.

Me: I don’t quite understand. What context was it used?

She’ll go on to explain and I will translate. It became more frequent and at a point, before she goes to cook in the kitchen, she will put on her voice recorder, lock the screen and leave the phone there with him- because she knows that is when he’ll make calls. She’ll do the same thing while hanging out with him and his friends, another spot for original gist.

Finally she brought a voice recording that I could not translate- I didn’t want premium tears (at work). I only told her to go back and ask him certain questions. She got the translation from someone else though.

They are no longer together, but she keeps telling me she MUST marry an Igbo guy , she loves the oriaku way of life. Language is a serious barrier.
Menopause right now

(1) (Reply)

Serious Matter! Ladies Get In Here! / J / Cash Starved Slay Queens Entertaining Men Live On Instagram While Naked For Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.