Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,931 members, 7,909,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc (927 Views)

Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / Samsung Sues Apple Over The Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by moonraker(m): 9:35am On Mar 07, 2011
We Already have a very successful thread dedicated to the iphone right here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-125097.0.html

I will be taking it a step further by sharing my most indept knowledge of the iphone

and also to help solve iphone related problems here.

Let me start with the most basic Information necessary to help kick start yur iphone usage

APPLICATIONS

The Apple app store has changed the game in terms of applications for smartphones, Not that

there havent been in existence, but they havent been taken seriously. In order for u to fully

utilize yur iphone, u need apps, This is where u need Itunes and an Itunes account to enable u

download both free and paid apps.

Download Itunes from here http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

To open an account without a gift or credit card, heres what u do

•1. Launch iTunes
•2. Log out of your account
•3. Scroll down the iTunes page and hit the flag on the right
•4. Select your country of interest
•5. Try to buy a random free app
•6. iTunes will ask you for your credentials, hit open a new account
•7. Accept the terms
•8. Enter a valid email, pick a password and so on. Hit next
•9. Select “none” as the payment method. Then fill in the form with some random address in the country you picked (Google maps is your friend)
•10. Finalize & click the validation link in your email

Congrats, You are on your way to Enjoying free apps
Re: The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by moonraker(m): 11:19am On Mar 07, 2011
Still on the issue of applications, there is another way of getting applications

Unfortunately, this is a whole new topic entirely!!! This Process required to

enable one install apps outside of the app store is called Jailbreaking.

jailbreaking is a process that allows devices running Apple's iOS (also known as iPhone OS prior to iOS 4.0) operating system (such as the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and recently Apple TV) to gain full access (root access) to unlock all features of the said operating system, thereby removing limitations imposed by Apple. Once jailbroken, iOS users are able to download additional applications, extensions and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store, via installers such as Cydia, one of a number of current means for older iPhones. A jailbroken iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS can still use the App Store and iTunes and other normal functions, such as making telephone calls. Jailbreaking is similar to rooting an Android device

For all devices running the IOS software, I recommend Greenpoison (Look it up on google)

For devices still running the 3.1+, Pls use Spirit (Look it Up)

Once your done doing all the Jailbreaking stuff, you need to Install AppSync from cydia (google it)

Then you can download and know Yourself out with this top 7(Seven) sites for downloading apps

1. Appcake

2. iApplications

3. iPhoneAPPList

4. VNM Store

5. IDownloads

6. iRapple

7. iHacks

Once Again, Google is your friend,
Re: The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by ogagusps3: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2011
The iPhone for me is the best phone ever made. cheesy wink
Re: The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2011
ogagusps3:

The iPhone for me is the best phone ever made. cheesy wink

I FEEL U.
Re: The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by Suntemi(m): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2011
To get AppSync as moonraker suggested. You need to have add cydia.hackulo.us to your cydia sources.
Re: The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by 247man: 6:59am On Mar 10, 2011
Ios4.3 is out!!! Unlockers stay away from it. Dont upgrade for now
Re: The Iphone Thread: Apps, Themes, Apns, Firmwares Etc by disguy1: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2011
To add the hackulo.us repo to your sources in cydia, simply open up cydia, tap manage -> sources -> edit -> add, and type in http://cydia.hackulo.us/

(1) (Reply)

What Phone Do I Get? / Plz Help Me Unlock My ZTE V970 Smartphone. / Get More For Your N100 - AIRTEL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.