Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,771 members, 7,975,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 03:23 PM

Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! (16078 Views)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Australia Is The World’s Happiest Country — Again / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Badman888(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2006
Rhodalyn:

even if i get offered £20,000 just to come to naija, i would never and i repeat NEVER in a million years do it lipsrsealed
when u see pics of nice good looking happy Nigerian guys u would go there
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:24pm On May 31, 2006
yeah! Muki cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Badman888(m): 4:25pm On May 31, 2006
check the article, the first paragraph, but its hard to beleive nigerians are the hapiest
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:26pm On May 31, 2006
and who even put uP this topic?? i would have Understood it if it had been said '' nigeria is the worst country in the world'' but definetely not whats above angry
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by mukina2: 4:26pm On May 31, 2006
Badman888:

when u see pics of nice good looking happy Nigerian guys u would go there

hmmmm nooooo, maybe rhoda will grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:26pm On May 31, 2006
U wish u were!
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:28pm On May 31, 2006
lol Muki i wont! shocked shocked cheesy cheesy not when i've got ken besides whoever said nigerian men are good-looking?? judging from what i've seen on nl i would say u nigerian men are the Ugliest!! no hitting! lipsrsealed cuz i also wont take it easy angry
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Skidoc(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2006
Rhoda!!! embarassed I'm disappointed. You are denying your husband's country publicly. Now apologise to everyone.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:30pm On May 31, 2006
indeed! infact now that i've voiced Out my feelings, i might as well let y'all know im scared of nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by my2cents(m): 4:47pm On May 31, 2006
Of course, we are the happiest - we have no notion of monthly bills (the ones that exist are usually those we tend to ignore like light or are for stuff we don't use like water wink). We operate for the most part with cash and so if we don't have, we don't spend.

We build a house like say in the village and we don't worry about property taxes. After you build your own house, you don't worry of not, after taking out a 30 year loan, being able to pay on the 29th year 11 month loan, thus forfeiting the house, even if you paid on time for the past 29 years shocked

For those who pay rent, once they manage to come up with the 2 year advance, they don't worry about it for another 2 years. Of course we should be happy. Many take siesta ( I on the other hand operate on a maximum of 5 hrs of sleep), and actually go out and have fun. In a country with majority working as civil servants, people stroll in *generally speaking* whenever they choose, say they signed in at the right time, then turn around and leave again. Of course they will be happy.

My happiest moments in life are when I go to Nigeria on vacation. If I vacation in the US, I still feel like I have to go to work. It has been wired into me somehow. In fact, when I get on the plane to return to the states, immediate depression sets in, because I know what is waiting for me LOL
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:48pm On May 31, 2006
indeed lol lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 4:49pm On May 31, 2006
Skidoc:

Rhoda!!! embarassed I'm disappointed. You are denying your husband's country publicly. Now apologise to everyone.
lol cheesy cheesy why ya always calling Urself my husby?? when did we get married?? was i doozing off or sumtin?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
lets get married now that im fully awake and ready for ya wink kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Orikinla(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2006
Nigerians are not the happiest in the world.
The ignorant morons only spoke to the minority who were in a very good to be smiling at the time of the survey.

I am in Nigeria and I know the truth.

Fela called it 'Suffering and Smiling".

Nigerians have what I call "I don't care" attitude and that was mistaken for happiness?
It is sheer ignorance.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by nurenga(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2006
I would partially agree with the assertion, because it is does not reflect on what is obtainable on our streets as people are angry and frustrated. Although, it is believed that beauty is in the eyes of the holder, so i would absolutely agree with those that carried out the research.        
Guys i want you to know that even many foreigners are aware of this,there was an international research recently which concluded that nigerians are the happiest people on earth. I was also surprised because the research was done by a foreing based media group and i even watched it on CNN
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rottweiler(m): 5:56pm On May 31, 2006
We should ask the guys to list their parameters for judging happiness. One more thing, did they say Nigerians are the happiest people or Nigeria is the happiest country. To me they mean two differnt things. They could have classified the country as happiest because of the abundance of natural resources.

@Rhodalyn
Yes! Nigerian men are ugly. We are proud of being so. Our ugliness attracts lots of friends to us. thats why we have people like you in our midst. grin grin  Infact, I am f**kinly UGLY.  My friends call me THE WARWAR grin
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Orikinla(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2006
See "Poorest Countries in the World" where Nigeria is ranked 19th.
http://www.aneki.com/poorest.html

Reality sucks.

The poorest cannot be among the happiest.

The lucid intervals of a man suffering from manic depressive insanity do not translate to his sanity.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhea(f): 6:20pm On May 31, 2006
Suffering and smiling angry grin
Fela talk am long time ago
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by ontop(m): 6:31pm On May 31, 2006
Nigerians are the only people who smiles even when suffering.

Off course remember Fela's song

yeah
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by gem87(f): 7:14pm On May 31, 2006
mmh
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by raphy(m): 9:26pm On May 31, 2006
who said so go n check ur barins very well undecided, naija r not d happiest country, they r not happy,some ppl r very poor no electricity in town u v to buy ur own water if u want to enjoy life,u v to keep one eyes open before u sleep so they 'll not cut ur neck cry sad angry
life here is tough only d tough 'll suvive embarassed as 4 u all i had that naija r one of d most currupt country in d world angry sufrin n smilin that undecided cryis naija 4 u
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Badman888(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2006
thats why they say Nigeria is the happiest, with all the suffering and everythin, you still see people gather and laugh about things, dey dont just think about commiting suicide and things like that.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by paddylo1(m): 11:32pm On May 31, 2006
It only takes someone who has lived iinside and outside of Nigeria to appreciate how warm and happy the people are, i do not know why people equate riches to happyness, i guess when u die u will roll on to afterlife with your big house or benz, the west is generally a very unhappy place, i live in the u.s i know, people commit suicide routinely, all ages, the eastern europeans and japanese are even worse with alcoholism and general sourness, there is no foriegner that has travelled to Nigeria that has not been touched by the experience, i guess u dont know what u have, till u loose it, or in this case leave it,
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2006
Rottweiler:

@Rhodalyn
Yes! Nigerian men are ugly. We are proud of being so. Our ugliness attracts lots of friends to us. thats why we have people like you in our midst. grin grin Infact, I am f**kinly UGLY. My friends call me THE WARWAR grin
lol, Ur supreme Ugliness does not attract me to U one tiny bit embarassed grin cheesy embarassed grin awwwwwwww im sorry U're one of them awwwwwwwww cry sorry bout that cry grin cheesy grin embarassed cry sad embarassed grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 9:34am On Jun 01, 2006
Orikinla:

Reality sucks.

The poorest cannot be among the happiest.

exactly!! U tell them
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2006
ontop:

Nigerians are the only people who smiles even when suffering.

Off course remember Fela's song

yeah
the fact that U guys smile even when suffering does not mean U're happy! it simply means U're trying Ur possible best 2 make things it look less painful than it already is, which basically is what i call ''deceiving Urself n not facing reality'' embarassed cry grin cheesy embarassed cry grin cheesy

wake Up, face reality, n see what can be done bout the Suffering and stop smiling Suffering is nothing to smile bout cry embarassed cheesy grin embarassed cry
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2006
Contrary to the opinion of some posters, Nigeria is seen as the happiest because truly we are happy, regardless of all we go through, i tell you people now see them as fun, the hold ups, the frustrations,the depression and the tolerance, we still see them as fun because it is what we are used to. Nigerians are very elastic, elastic like a band, we fit anywhere,anyday,anytime, we see all conditions as fun in d end.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by bami(m): 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2006
Are u sure our guvament no bribe these analysts, any way we are suffering and smiling, na we cause am. So i would advice each and every one of us to start boning our faces.
we are so blessed.

Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Ashiwaju(m): 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2006
God have mercy!
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Rhodalyn(f): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2006
On Nigeria smiley
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by shadex1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2006
Hey Rhodalyn you funni, has nigeria offended u b4 grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2006
She is Ghanian shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by babadee(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2006
crap! its so obvious the way "eye dey chook" for naija now that happiness is so far i cant think any slowpoke would think us happy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos-To-Calabar Railway Line Approved By FG - Sambo / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 16) / Anti-Terrorism Simulation Holds In Abuja Today. Do Not Panic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.