Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,755 members, 7,885,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos (5760 Views)

How A Hypothetical Biafran Republic Can Work / The Biafra Republic Would Have Been Cool Under The Leadership Of Gov Uzodimma / Umar Dangiwa Open Letter To Buhari: Your Lopsided Appointment Will Ruin Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by flokii: 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2020
But come to think of it.. you Igbos are running your region like a republic on its own already. The federal institutions and establishments there have been taken over by Igbos. UNN and co. are full of Igbos unlile UNILAG, UI and OAU that has national spread.

So what exactly is the tears for? If they ask you to leave SW and North now you'll start crying but nobody is sharing anything with you in the East. You people are just ungrateful and resentful for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Redcrafton: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Don't mind them. Not all igbos are in support of Biafra. Lol

Was all Nigeria in support of Independence from Britain. Your northerners didn't want independence

But today you northerners are the ones enjoying the independence than the southerners who wanted it.

Same way, those not in support, will enjoy it in years to come.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by blasted12: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
Dede1:

Please limit your rant on what you know. Friends can equally impose economic sanctions. Canada and USA had impose some economic sanctions on each other. Canada and USA are not only friends but next door neighbors. Please who are the "we" in your previous post?
Get your Biafra first. I'm done talking

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by gidgiddy: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Independence wouldn't work neither. Restructuring is a whole lot easier and we the igbos get to benefit a whole lot.

Now you understand why there is looming crisis that will lead to the total disintegration of Nigeria. The North will never agree to restructuring or independence, which means that Nigeria must continue as it is. That is unacceptable. Nigeria is heading for disintegration and Oduduwa Republic and Biafra will rise out of the ashes of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Redcrafton: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Because the country is wack. If we fought for restructuring.

Our educational system would improve, we can hold our governors accountable for lack of valuable facilities in every state University.

But we are not restructured when you reeled out your on arguments about size!
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Redcrafton: 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2020
flokii:
But come to think of it.. you Igbos are running your region like a republic on its own already. The federal institutions and establishments there have been taken over by Igbos. UNN and co. are full of Igbos unlile UNILAG, UI and OAU that has national spread.

So what exactly is the tears for? If they ask you to leave SW and North now you'll strat crying but nobody is sharing anything with you in the East. You people are just ungrateful and resentful for nothing.

When they left in 1967, were they crying?

Please bring another story.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by haryorbarmie83(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:
It's quite clear that this ongoing End SARS protest has led many into fighting for an end to Nigeria. The Western geopolitical zone wants Oduduwa republic while the Easterners want Biafra, it's quite clear now, that the Southerners are also agitating for Niger Delta Republic.

I'm a full blooded Igbo man, and I want my igbo brothers to realize we have to fight for restructuring rather than Biafra. It's quite obvious how it takes a long time before some important projects within the Eastern region are been approved by the executive body, if we restructure Nigeria, our Governors would be responsible for the full growth and development of our states without much interference from the executive body.

Do you realize that innoson's vehicles are being patronized by both the Northerners and westerners? Do you also realize that Slot is owned by an Igbo brother? If we fought for Biafra's independence, do you actually think these prominent brands would exist peacefully in Nigeria, I don't think so.

You as an Igbo man can start up a brand, if you are creative enough you'd probably sell to over 20million Nigerians and not get discriminated as a foreigner. Look closely at these Chinese brands that sells to Nigerians, do you know how many Nigerians use Tecno phones. What if you as a Nigerian were to invest into Technology, and you could get over 40 million Nigerians to patronize your brand, how beneficial would that be? Don't say you could do that too as a Biafran, there would be a whole lot of discrimination.

The Chinese keeps lending our politicans massive funds, do you know why? Nigeria is actually their biggest market. If Nigeria decides to shut down goods being imported from China, there would be a reduction in their country's financial capacity. They borrow Nigerians enough funds so they could hold us down.

If we restructure Nigeria, we would be able to approve valuable projects within the Eastern regions with ease and still sell to a good number of Nigerians, without facing any further dictatorship from the northern President. We do not have to beg them to approve valuable projects in the Eastern regions.

I've heard of notions like, "we can never be one". Do you think African Americans connect well with the Whites in America perfectly? In a country with cultural and racial differences, there would obviously be different opinions, that's exactly why we need to restructure the country.

And lastly Biafra would become a nation with just 5 states, because it's already obvious that the Southerners are agitating for Niger Delta Republic, if you doubt me, go on Facebook and check for yourself. What exactly could we use 5 states for? Be wise.

China has over a trillion population, USA has over 300 million population, while Nigeria has over 200 million population. The Chinese population helps them sell their brands better. So many apps like Facebook, Twitter and many more are been banned in China, they sell themselves because of their population.

Mark tried to create a Chinese version of Facebook so he could sell to China but the Chinese government refused. If only Mark sells to China he'd be extremely rich.

Population gives you power. Nairaland is the biggest forum in Africa because of our population, Linda ikeji's blog makes massive funds because of our population. Our entertainment industry is still the biggest in Africa because we sell ourselves without the aid of other Africans. We need our population.

Let's Restructure Nigeria.

am from south west, I reason all you wrote and it makes sense but in this critical period how many will hear your voice. Go and put this on Twitter. Thanks
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
gidgiddy:

Now you understand why there is looming crisis that will lead to the total disintegration of Nigeria. The North will never agree to restructuring or independence, which means that Nigeria must continue as it is. That is unacceptable. Nigeria is heading for disintegration and Oduduwa Republic and Biafra will rise out of the ashes of Nigeria

This is pure black on black hatred. South South, South West and the East wants to restructure Nigeria.

So you think the northerners would defeat these three geopolitical zones.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
am from south west, I reason all you wrote and it makes sense but in this critical period how many will hear your voice. Go and put this on Twitter. Thanks

I'm from the east man. I've lived in Lagos all my life. I know Nigerians would do better if we work together.

We just need to restructure our country and fight against bad governance.

Lastly, I don't have much followers on Twitter neither.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by AsiwajuNdigbo: 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
Northern elders have given marching orders for their boys to invade nairaland and break the joint effort of east and west to cripple nigeria.

Pease brothers, dont speak negative of yorubas or sw.

Yoruba i beg you guys keep it sane, dont attack or speak negative of se.

Lets keep our joint effort alive.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by haryorbarmie83(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2020
Fixednaija:
ENDSARS: Serious Tension as Protesters fight with Soldiers who are hired to hijack #EndSars Protest!

Watch and kindly Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more Trending Gists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZA93Gzro1o
now I believe it's revolution. Citizens are no more scared of NA.
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by IGBOSON1: 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
Ojiofor:

My friend keep quiet,if you are a slave I am not.Struggle for freedom or self determination should be led by smart and intelligent people not by charlantans that makes it look like a joke.IPOB claim Fulani will never accept to restructure Nigeria and in one hand begging same Fulani to grant them Biafra via referendum,how does that make sense to you?you have accepted to be slave of Fulani by arrogating so much powers to them.
Please explain to me how easier and possible it is to get Biafra than to restructure Nigeria which SE,SS,SW and NC leadership and people are all in support.

Your own case is much worse.....you're suffering from a serious case of stockholm-syndrome! How any Igbo can see what's gone on in this country since the late 60s: the mass killings, pogrom, hate and lopsided political-economy.....how any Igbo can see all this and still be comfortable sharing the same country with the Fulani, such a daft and naive Igbo has indeed accepted the slave status placed on him by these people!

Fools like you (who in all likelihood may be a impostor) will ALWAYS find a excuse to reject and rubbish the struggle for freedom, and it doesn't matter if said struggle is championed/led by Mazi kanu and IPOB, MASSOB or any other person or grp! Normally, Igbos that reason like you (if you are Igbo) are selfish, greedy house-niggers enjoying the few crumbs thrown down at them from the high table or are in/around governance in the states either as gov't appointees or contractors.....proper selfish bastards!

Fool, IPOB are not begging the Fulani for anything! Rather they're demanding for what is rightfully theirs and enshrined in the fundamental human rights of all peoples of the world....the right to self-determination and freedom from subjugation and oppression! Going down the route of so called 'restructuring' would be palying in to the hands of the oligarchs....those who feel they own Nigeria and have rigged the political and economic system in their favour! Just how the fuc/k do you go about effecting any sort of change that can serve as a alternative to secession when the national-assembly is overwhelmingly tilted in the favour of the core muslim north? They even have the judiciary and executive in their pocket as we speak, so just what do you think you can achieve besides some watered-down rubbish that would be called 'restructuring'?

But all these are side issues because the fact of the matter is Ndigbo (and any other ethnicity that cares to bequeth a safe, peaceful and fair future for their future generations) must address the urgent matter of continuing to share the same country with a people that hate them...a people who place their religion and kinship with others in neighbouring countries over and above their responsibilities and brotherhood towards their fellow compatriots! You see, things will surely calm down once they see the survival of their 'one Nigeria' being threatened (it's their modus-operandi), but that is the 'peace' of the graveyard because the turmoil, mistrust and hate will still be simmering beneath the surface and will always be ignited every couple of years for one silly reason or the other!

It's now or never!

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2020
Redcrafton:

But Luxembourg has a population of 626,108 and they do not have these problems you listed.

The world should be the buying population.

Smaller countries struggle man. There are limited opportunities.

Go over there and live, I'm sure you'd be back in Nigeria after few months.

If we can fix Nigeria, we'd be pleased we did. You can excel in so many areas.

Firstly agriculture, if only you could sell your agricultural produce to 10million Nigerians, you'd be damn successful.

Movie production, if only 60million Nigeria could watch your movie without much piracy, you'd be rich man. Try reading about how much earnings the movie ' wedding party' generated.

The music industry.

Programmers, if only you could create a better platform than Nairaland and over 20 million Nigerians love it, you'd sell to the world.

There are countless of opportunities if we restructure Nigeria.

Just tell me a globally used website coming from a small country and I'd give up.
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Misterdhee1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2020
Ojiofor:

My friend keep quiet,if you are a slave I am not.Struggle for freedom or self determination should be led by smart and intelligent people not by charlantans that makes it look like a joke.IPOB claim Fulani will never accept to restructure Nigeria and in one hand begging same Fulani to grant them Biafra via referendum,how does that make sense to you?you have accepted to be slave of Fulani by arrogating so much powers to them.
Please explain to me how easier and possible it is to get Biafra than to restructure Nigeria which SE,SS,SW and NC leadership and people are all in support.
Don't mind many of them. They like hanging on pipe dreams, rather than concentrating on achievable objectives. Returning to regionalism is far much achievable, than Biafra. Even most of the powers that be in the world would never support disintegration of the country because of many strategic reasons.
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Redcrafton: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Smaller countries struggle man. There are limited opportunities.

Go over there and live, I'm sure you'd be back in Nigeria after few months.

If we can fix Nigeria, we'd be pleased we did. You can excel in so many areas.

Firstly agriculture, if only you could sell your agricultural produce to 10million Nigerians, you'd be damn successful.

Movie production, if only 60million Nigeria could watch your movie without much piracy, you'd be rich man. Try reading about how much earnings the movie ' wedding party' generated.

The music industry.

Programmers, if only you could create a better platform than Nairaland and over 20 million Nigerians love it, you'd sell to the world.

There are countless of opportunities if we restructure Nigeria.

Just tell me a globally used website coming from a small country and I'd give up.

They don't...if they do Britain would have stayed in EU.

What about Switzerland?

Europeans understood earlier the reason their nations were created based on tribes and language as they fought wars centuries ago, to get were they are now, with peace reigning in their countries.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by gidgiddy: 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

This is pure black on black hatred. South South, South West and the East wants to restructure Nigeria.

So you think the northerners would defeat these three geopolitical zones.

You dont seem to understand. To restructure Nigeria, you must change the constitution. The constitution can only be changed at the national assembly. You must get not only a two thirds majority votes in both houses of the national assembly, you must also get the same in two thirds of the 36 state assembies. With just the core North controling 40% of the national and 12 states, where are are you going to get the two thirds majority vote from?

Before you can restructure Nigeria, the core North must agree to it or its impossible. And they have made it clear they dont want to restructure.

This leaves only two choices, the same two choices Ojukwu faced over 50 years ago when the North refused the restructuring agreement reached at Aburi in Ghana.

You either accept Nigeria as the North wants it or go for your freedom and restructure your self any way like after you get freedom

We all know the what Ojukwu chose. If you like talk about restructuring from now to the next 200 years, if the North says no to it, it will never happen. Thats why you have to be prepared to go for your freedom.

6 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by IGBOSON1: 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
gidgiddy:

You dont seem to understand. To restructure Nigeria, you must change the constitution. The constitution can 9nly be changedst the national assembly. You must get not only a two thirds majority votes in both houses of the national assembly, you must also get the same in two thirds of the 36 state assembies. With just the core North controling 40% of the national and 12 states, where are are you going to get the two thirds majority vote from?

Before you can restructure Nigeria, the core North must agree to it or its impossible. And they have made it clear they dont want to restructure.

This leaves only two choices, the same two choices Ojukwu faced over 50 years ago when the North refused the restructuring agreement reached at Aburi in Ghana.

You either accept Nigeria as the North wants it or go for your freedom and restructure your self any way like after you get freedom

We all know the what Ojukwu chose. If you like talk about restructuring from now to the next 200 years, if the North says no to it, it will never happen. Thats why you have to be prepared to go for your freedom.

Spot on!

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Yujin(m): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2020
gidgiddy:

You dont seem to understand. To restructure Nigeria, you must change the constitution. The constitution can 9nly be changedst the national assembly. You must get not only a two thirds majority votes in both houses of the national assembly, you must also get the same in two thirds of the 36 state assembies. With just the core North controling 40% of the national and 12 states, where are are you going to get the two thirds majority vote from?

Well said. Dividing Nigeria is the only and best option. Wasting time calling for restructuring will only give the core north ample time to organize themselves. The best time is now.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
Redcrafton:

They don't...if they do Britain would have stayed in EU.

What about Switzerland?

Europeans understood earlier the reason their nations were created based on tribes and language as they fought wars centuries ago, to get were they are now, with peace reigning in their countries.

Switzerland has over 9million populace. Biafra is as small as 3million. Calculate those fives states yourself.

You think the Biafran government won't embezzle funds? Please don't compare Biafra to white dominant countries, compare Biafra with other smaller African countries.

Be realistic. Look around you, go over to Owerri and see how bad the drainage systems are. Let's stop lying to ourselves.

Let's stop sugar coating this Biafra. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Ojiofor: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2020
Dede1:

Bros Nigeria is beyond restructure. I have seen quasi revolution in Nigeria before now only to diminish when loudmouths did not find themselves in leadership. It will soon turn into tribal and mark my word. I had liked to see #EndNigeria instead of #EndSars. It is funny to see #Endsars protesters being assaulted by Nigerian soldiers. SARS team is just about tiny unit in NPF. Nigeria and its militia groups are the problem.

My brother I understand but we have also tried separation and failed and paid a heavy price for it and continue paying unfortunately through the blood of our youths since year 2000 Biafra agitation kick off.No region can secede successfully from Nigeria without the support of other regions.Biafra war should be a lesson to all of us.You said you will like to see #EndNigeria' that was my position for many years until I come to realize Nigeria isn't ending any time soon.
Wishful thinking will not end Nigeria.Our neighbors are not interested yet to end Nigeria and if we stubornly go it alone like before, we will get same treatment and 1970 result.We should be wise!
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by ayzTIGER: 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Switzerland has over 9million populace. Biafra is as small as 3million. Calculate those fives states yourself.

You think the Biafran government won't embezzle funds? Please don't compare Biafra to white dominant countries, compare Biafra with other smaller African countries.

Be realistic. Look around you, go over to Owerri and see how bad the drainage systems are. Let's stop lying to ourselves.

Let's stop sugar coating this Biafra. Lol
Biafra as small as 3million? I know it won't take long before you come out of your shell as an idiot. Time would come when all you unity by force Nigerians will beg for Restructuring to keep the country together but by then it would too late as the disintegration of this project is inevitable

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Ojiofor: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Your own case is much worse.....you're suffering from a serious case of stockholm-syndrome! How any Igbo can see what's gone on in this country since the late 60s: the mass killings, pogrom, hate and lopsided political-economy.....how any Igbo can see all this and still be comfortable sharing the same country with the Fulani, such a daft and naive Igbo has indeed accepted the slave status placed on him by these people!

Fools like you (who in all likelihood may be a impostor) will ALWAYS find a excuse to reject and rubbish the struggle for freedom, and it doesn't matter if said struggle is championed/led by Mazi kanu and IPOB, MASSOB or any other person or grp! Normally, Igbos that reason like you (if you are Igbo) are selfish, greedy house-niggers enjoying the few crumbs thrown down at them from the high table or are in/around governance in the states either as gov't appointees or contractors.....proper selfish bastards!

Fool, IPOB are not begging the Fulani for anything! Rather they're demanding for what is rightfully theirs and enshrined in the fundamental human rights of all peoples of the world....the right to self-determination and freedom from subjugation and oppression! Going down the route of so called
'restructuring' would be palying in to the hands of the oligarchs....those who feel they own Nigeria and have rigged the political and economic

system in their favour! Just how the fuc/k do you go about effecting any sort of change that can serve as a alternative to secession when the national-
assembly is overwhelmingly tilted in the favour of the core muslim north? They even have the judiciary and executive in their pocket as we speak, so just what do you think you can achieve besides some watered-down rubbish that would be called 'restructuring'?

But all these are side issues because the fact of the matter is Ndigbo (and any other ethnicity that cares to bequeth a safe, peaceful and fair future for their future generations) must address the urgent matter of continuing to share the same country with a people that hate them...a people who place their religion and kinship with others in neighbouring countries over and above their responsibilities and brotherhood towards their fellow compatriots! You see, things will surely calm down once they see the survival of their 'one Nigeria' being threatened (it's their modus-operandi), but that is the 'peace' of the graveyard because the turmoil, mistrust and hate will still be simmering beneath the surface and will always be ignited every couple of years for one silly reason or the other!

It's now or never!

Simple question and you here blabbing and throwing insults as usual the normal IPOB way.
Wishful thinking will not get you Biafra.Your lenghty epistlle is useless because it did not address my question.How is it easier to get Biafra that the whole world has rejected than to restruscture Nigeria?
I understand IPOB position against restructuring of Nigeria is based on the fact it will kill their money making agitation not because of anything else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by selemempe: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2020
blasted12:
Breaking up most certainly means we will be enemies and enemies impose economic sanctions on each other. We will not trade with you in addition to imposing strict discriminatory immigration laws on you
so what happens to the remaining 7 billion people in the world that we can trade with? Or is there a law that states of Biafra don't trade with abokì they should not trade

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Kennyswagz1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2020
flokii:

So what exactly is the tears for? If they ask you to leave SW and North now you'll strat crying but nobody is sharing anything with you in the East. You people are just ungrateful and resentful for nothing.
UN should grant them their biafra let me see any good for nothing igbo trader in my place again grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by olanipekun65561: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
:Na lie oh.We are enemies and would continue to be enemies.Are you enemy to Britain, because they gave you independence?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Golan007: 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Northern elders have given marching orders for their boys to invade nairaland and break the joint effort of east and west to cripple nigeria.

Pease brothers, dont speak negative of yorubas or sw.

Yoruba i beg you guys keep it sane, dont attack or speak negative of se.

Lets keep our joint effort alive.

Shut up.

I thought your late 'god' Nnamdi Kanu said all other tribes were inferior and your enemies.
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Daniel058(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:
It's quite clear that this ongoing End SARS protest has led many into fighting for an end to Nigeria. The Western geopolitical zone wants Oduduwa republic while the Easterners want Biafra, it's quite clear now, that the Southerners are also agitating for Niger Delta Republic.

I'm a full blooded Igbo man, and I want my igbo brothers to realize we have to fight for restructuring rather than Biafra. It's quite obvious how it takes a long time before some important projects within the Eastern region are been approved by the executive body, if we restructure Nigeria, our Governors would be responsible for the full growth and development of our states without much interference from the executive body.

Do you realize that innoson's vehicles are being patronized by both the Northerners and westerners? Do you also realize that Slot is owned by an Igbo brother? If we fought for Biafra's independence, do you actually think these prominent brands would exist peacefully in Nigeria, I don't think so.

You as an Igbo man can start up a brand, if you are creative enough you'd probably sell to over 20million Nigerians and not get discriminated as a foreigner. Look closely at these Chinese brands that sells to Nigerians, do you know how many Nigerians use Tecno phones. What if you as a Nigerian were to invest into Technology, and you could get over 40 million Nigerians to patronize your brand, how beneficial would that be? Don't say you could do that too as a Biafran, there would be a whole lot of discrimination.

The Chinese keeps lending our politicans massive funds, do you know why? Nigeria is actually their biggest market. If Nigeria decides to shut down goods being imported from China, there would be a reduction in their country's financial capacity. They borrow Nigerians enough funds so they could hold us down.

If we restructure Nigeria, we would be able to approve valuable projects within the Eastern regions with ease and still sell to a good number of Nigerians, without facing any further dictatorship from the northern President. We do not have to beg them to approve valuable projects in the Eastern regions.

I've heard of notions like, "we can never be one". Do you think African Americans connect well with the Whites in America perfectly? In a country with cultural and racial differences, there would obviously be different opinions, that's exactly why we need to restructure the country.

And lastly Biafra would become a nation with just 5 states, because it's already obvious that the Southerners are agitating for Niger Delta Republic, if you doubt me, go on Facebook and check for yourself. What exactly could we use 5 states for? Be wise.

China has over a trillion population, USA has over 300 million population, while Nigeria has over 200 million population. The Chinese population helps them sell their brands better. So many apps like Facebook, Twitter and many more are been banned in China, they sell themselves because of their population.

Mark tried to create a Chinese version of Facebook so he could sell to China but the Chinese government refused. If only Mark sells to China he'd be extremely rich.

Population gives you power. Nairaland is the biggest forum in Africa because of our population, Linda ikeji's blog makes massive funds because of our population. Our entertainment industry is still the biggest in Africa because we sell ourselves without the aid of other Africans. We need our population.

Let's Restructure Nigeria.

As a business man, Op you ve got a point
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by horsepower102: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
gidgiddy:

You dont seem to understand. To restructure Nigeria, you must change the constitution. The constitution can only be changed at the national assembly. You must get not only a two thirds majority votes in both houses of the national assembly, you must also get the same in two thirds of the 36 state assembies. With just the core North controling 40% of the national and 12 states, where are are you going to get the two thirds majority vote from?

Anyone that reads this and still don’t understand is not arguing with you in good fate.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Muna4real(f): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

How many entrepreneurs in Ghana are richer than those in Nigeria? Isn't their country better?

How many artistes in Ghana gets more streams than Nigerian artistes?

How many comedians in Ghana are bigger than those in Nigeria?

Your population helps you sell better, don't be dumb. It's a whole lot harder to sell to a certain country when you are a foreigner.

Oga, let me ask oh. Is Nigeria the only country in this world? And are Nigerians the only people on this planet? Are you saying that countries that have smaller population do not make good sales of their export from within and outside their continents? All these stupid propaganda and lies will not erase Biafra from our hearts. First of all, it was " south east do not have oil ". When it has become clear that nndigbo do not value Oil more than freedom, they looked for another lie. They entered "south east is landlocked ". After that lie was busted, they tried to use properties belonging to nndigbo in other parts of Nigeria to blackmail us ,as if we are the only ethnic group in the world to build and have properties outside our region. I can go and on. It's high time you stop all these lies you propagate up and down.

Finally, you are not igbo. Leave nndigbo and our Biafra alone. You people speak as if we will suffer in Biafra and enjoy in Nigeria when we are suffering here in Nigeria. It's better we suffer in our own house than suffer in another man's house. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Ojiofor: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Don't mind many of them. They like hanging on pipe dreams, rather than concentrating on achievable objectives. Returning to regionalism is far much achievable, than Biafra. Even most of the powers that be in the world would never support disintegration of the country because of many strategic reasons.

They lack rational thinking and the reason they are chasing shadows in the name of Biafra while the leadership of IPOB cashes out of their ignorance.
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2020
Muna4real:

Oga, let me ask oh. Is Nigeria the only country in this world? And are Nigerians the only people on this planet? Are you saying that countries that have smaller population do not make good sales of their export from within and outside their continents? All these stupid propaganda and lies will not erase Biafra from our hearts. First of all, it was " south east do not have oil ". When it has become clear that nndigbo do not value Oil more than freedom, they looked for another lie. They entered "south east is landlocked ". After that lie was busted, they tried to use properties belonging to nndigbo in other parts of Nigeria to blackmail us ,as if we are the only ethnic group in the world to build and have properties outside our region. I can go and on. It's high time you stop all these lies you propagate up and down.

Finally, you are not igbo. Leave nndigbo and our Biafra alone. You people speak as if we will suffer in Biafra and enjoy in Nigeria when we are suffering here in Nigeria. It's better we suffer in our own house than suffer in another man's house. Have a nice day.

I'm an Igbo man. Oguta actually has oil in the South East. I know what I'm fighting for, you all would never see it coming. Until we start struggling like other smaller African countries.

Igbos would still be the first to flee from what we created. I know my tribe.

Do you know, a good number of the igbos build schools in the north? Why exactly? Because just Kano probably has over 7 million people who barely have access to good schools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Happened To A Young Guy That Wore Apc Campaign Tshirt Today. / 53 Power Projects Worth ₦‎122 Billion To Be Completed By May 2024 - TCN / IG Cautions Nigerians On Xmas Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.