Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,226 members, 7,939,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:43 PM

Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees (7838 Views)

Breaking News! Aregbesola Slashes All Osun Workers Salaries / Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / Heavy Security As Aregbesola & Osinbajo Appear Before Tribunal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by foyeks2001(f): 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2011
e ja ka kira fun Baba wa
Aregbesola ni Baba wa
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by lastpage: 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
As far as "Students and those bearing the brunt of payment" are concerned, THIS IS A WELCOMED DEVELOPMENT!

But on a "deeper and less euphoric level", we will look beyond the "REDUCTION" but look at what they call "reason-d'tre"!

I know we are all too traumatized  right now, to realize when "just a small part" of our inalienable right is been handed back to us, we tend to think its a favor cry
*These useless fees are undesirable and illegal in the first place
*These reduction, coming a few weeks to election, looks like "carrot", smells like "carrot" and is certainly a CARROT! grin
What, when and where is the stick that normally follows a Carrot?
*Is it only when election is approaching that Nigerian Youths deserve free education "reduced fees" education? #20K and #28K/annum as tution fees, is no small amount for a family that has two youths in COLLEGE!
What about books, what about Lab fees, Handouts, Accommodation fees, Feeding, e.t.c. Okay, its a small chip in the block; its still a chip all the same

Broader questions on my mind are:
Why are we Nigerians (especially our Youths!) so docile and easily swayed by such "carrots"? Is it because all we "experienced" in our life time is poverty and suffering? Dont YOU think we deserve better than these (when Sin-nators take home Millions for "sitting down" at times or "sinning" most times!)
As a crude oil giant, with prices soaring above $110/barrel, why should we be paying school fees at all?
What about the roads, Hospital, school equipments and infrastructure, Lecturer's salary, School buildings, e.t.c?

That Aregbesola made this announcement at an ACN CAMPAIGN should scare the daylights out of some people! POLI-TRICK-CIANS?

I guess a "dieing man" will hold unto ANYTHING, just anything! Its a pity!

BTW: Seems we have a few "Area-boys' on the forum, who are ready to use foul language on you, if you dont agree to "dobale for baba" grin grin
Let them keep at it, more "grease" to your foul mouth wink
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by seanet02: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2011
lastpage:

As far as "Students and those bearing the brunt of payment" are concerned, THIS IS A WELCOMED DEVELOPMENT!

But on a "deeper and less euphoric level", we will look beyond the "REDUCTION" but look at what they call "reason-d'tre"!

I know we are all too traumatized  right now, to realize when "just a small part" of our inalienable right is been handed back to us, we tend to think its a favor cry
*These useless fees are undesirable and illegal in the first place
*These reduction, coming a few weeks to election, looks like "carrot", smells like "carrot" and is certainly a CARROT! grin
What, when and where is the stick that normally follows a Carrot?
*Is it only when election is approaching that Nigerian Youths deserve free education "reduced fees" education? #20K and #28K/annum as tution fees, is no small amount for a family that has two youths in COLLEGE!
What about books, what about Lab fees, Handouts, Accommodation fees, Feeding, e.t.c. Okay, its a small chip in the block; its still a chip all the same

Broader questions on my mind are:
Why are we Nigerians (especially our Youths!) so docile and easily swayed by such "carrots"? Is it because all we "experienced" in our life time is poverty and suffering? Dont YOU think we deserve better than these (when Sin-nators take home Millions for "sitting down" at times or "sinning" most times!)
As a crude oil giant, with prices soaring above $110/barrel, why should we be paying school fees at all?
What about the roads, Hospital, school equipments and infrastructure, Lecturer's salary, School buildings, e.t.c?

That Aregbesola made this announcement at an ACN CAMPAIGN should scare the daylights out of some people! POLI-TRICK-CIANS?

I guess a "dieing man" will hold unto ANYTHING, just anything! Its a pity!

BTW: Seems we have a few "Area-boys' on the forum, who are ready to use foul language on you, if you dont agree to "dobale for baba" grin grin
Let them keep at it, more "grease" to your foul mouth wink
is Aregbesola contesting this year? If he slash the fees weeks before the elections how many PDP governors have done that? You prolly have to checked the Administration of this man since it's inception. Two weeks into office he slashed the school fees of the osun state university from N200,000 to below N50,000. Is that also Politricking?
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Blazing99: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2011
A RASCAL at work
Wow Im falling in love with Rascals.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ekubear1: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2011
Gbawe:

Lets not forget that the PDP always runs wasteful and over-bloated Government (obviously to aid corruption) that can be 'streamlined' for better efficiency and reduction of waste so money is made available for deliverance of greater value.  Oshiomhole hints at that below. Aregbe may simply be saving money elsewhere . We don't know the detailed macroeconomics of Osun State but we know that it  is not difficult , as a sincere person committed to serving the electorate, to deliver greater value than crooks who use every opportunity to steal.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/wikileaks-cable-reveals-how-goodluck-jonathan-engaged-multiple-voting

Solid point, thanks.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by sammirano: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD MAKE MENTION OF THE NAME PDP IS LIKE REMEBERING THEM, THEY WILL SURELY BE FORGOTTEN THIS YEAR LETS JUST START WITH THAT
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ziccoit: 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2011
PDP Haram. What do you expect from the ediots? Imaging OBJ said he didn't what a litre of kerosine cost because he didn't use it. suffice to say PDP doesn't care how much education cost because they have ill-gotten money and their children don't school in Nigeria.

PDP Haram! Haram!! Haram!!!
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by golamike: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2011
S dot:

Its all politically motivated. Never in their genuine interest will a state governor slash tuition fees. Abeg!

I don't know why some people just write or talk without reasoning! What makes you feel it's politically motivated? I hope you are aware that there's no governorship election in Osun state come April. So what is the political motivation you are talking about? The gentleman is not contesting probably till 2014! Even If it's politically motivated, the bottom line is that some souls have benefited from it and will continually bless him. If it is political motivation that will make our leaders (sorry, our rulers) touch lives positively, then let them all be politically motivated. ABEG!
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by sammirano: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2011
it's seems you don't get it, pdp is concerned with the people, they will say did you vote us in, we knew how we rigged our way in the previous election.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by seanet02: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2011
golamike:

I don't know why some people just write or talk without reasoning! What makes you feel it's politically motivated? I hope you are aware that there's no governorship election in Osun state come April. So what is the political motivation you are talking about? The gentleman is not contesting probably till 2014! Even If it's politically motivated, the bottom line is that some souls have benefited from it and will continually bless him. If it is political motivation that will make our leaders (sorry, our rulers) touch lives positively, then let them all be politically motivated. ABEG!
Me sef i wonder why some people come here to spew garbage on us? Imagine him talking crasp without reasoning. Somebody slashed the school fees of students he is talking bullsh*it here. Don't let me see you trying to vote in the forthcoming election, bloody mofo
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ziccoit: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
PDP Haram. What do you expect from the ediots? Imaging OBJ said he didn't know what a litre of kerosine cost because he didn't use it. suffice to say PDP doesn't care how much education cost because they have ill-gotten money to spend and their children don't school in Nigeria.

PDP Haram! Haram!! Haram!!!
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Xtfield(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2011
Aregbesola may not be contesting elections but his party wishes to have control of the Osun state house of Assembly! Besides, he will desire ACN wins all Federal Assembly elections in Osun state. These are enough political motivation for this kind of announcement.

As for me, I think Nigerian politicians understand the Nigerian people. They know we love awuf even if it will turn our stomachs later. Why would a parent not want to pay fees on the child at the tertiary level. University or Polytechnic is not a must. For primary school or secondary, yes. I understand but not for Polytechnics and Universities.

How will government ever fund these schools adequately? In what countries of the world is tertiary education free? Are we the richest nation on earth? Where is the wealth?

True, our leaders mismanage our resources, but they are only able to do this because they can always deceive us with fake free education or health services. These things are paid for in most nations of the world. And these are countries where heavy taxes are paid by all and sundry!

I believe, it is better to pay 42000 in a school with good facilities than pay next to nothing in a school that will not make me a good graduate. No wonder, their computer graduates can not operate computers not to talk of writing programs.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ademolathe(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
Aregbe,you are great.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Blazing99: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2011
Xtfield:

Aregbesola may not be contesting elections but his party wishes to have control of the Osun state house of Assembly! Besides, he will desire ACN wins all Federal Assembly elections in Osun state. These are enough political motivation for this kind of announcement.

As for me, I think Nigerian politicians understand the Nigerian people. They know we love awuf even if it will turn our stomachs later. Why would a parent not want to pay fees on the child at the tertiary level. University or Polytechnic is not a must. For primary school or secondary, yes. I understand but not for Polytechnics and Universities.

How will government ever fund these schools adequately? In what countries of the world is tertiary education free? Are we the richest nation on earth? Where is the wealth?

True, our leaders mismanage our resources, but they are only able to do this because they can always deceive us with fake free education or health services. These things are paid for in most nations of the world. And these are countries where heavy taxes are paid by all and sundry!

I believe, it is better to pay 42000 in a school with good facilities than pay next to nothing in a school that will not make me a good graduate. No wonder, their computer graduates  can not operate computers not to talk of writing programs.

True talk, there is a political motive behind this but it should be welcomed as well
@ Xtfield, my printers were really enthusiastic on giving you a great job. But anyway it is your call, wishing you the best.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2011
chelseabmw:

Oshoimole is a big for nothing useless governor. . . Look at your mate. . . [size=17pt]What a shame[/size]

Don't mind him talks more and acts less. "An empty drum they say makes the loudest noise" saying at gunpoint there is no going back in the reduction of his state uni, what a shame !!!!!!!

Ekpoma1:

I just wish that Adams Oshiomhole will emulate this by reducing d sch fees of EKPOMA abt d st.upid man is adamant. ANC talk 2 him or else our vote will hurt him and his generation unborn will nt 4give him.
We hope he doesn't dream of returning for another tenure cos he will surely [size=20pt]FAIL[/size]
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by beeman80: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2011
Thats what i am talking about.has PDP slashed even the price of needle? undecided Nigerians are ready to kick u guys out of government.They are the people in the universe that celebrate criminals from jail.We need more visionaries like the ACN.PDP is a curse to the nation.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by hjamiu(m): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2011
its quit alright but what of osun university roughly 200 k tution fee
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
ACN has done it again
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by seanet02: 6:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
ACN on Top.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Gbenge77(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2011
Excellent!
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Gekko(m): 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2011
someone please clarify, is it 20,000 naira per semester? If so, what kind of education can one obtain for $150 per semester? it might as well be free.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by alex406(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2011
Nice development. I love this. Other Governor should try and emulate this.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ZUBBYNWA(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2011
We only hear, until we seen then we believed.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2011
Gekko:

someone please clarify, is it 20,000 naira per semester? If so, what kind of education can one obtain for $150 per semester? it might as well be free.

Why not confirm what the national minimum wage is and ask how a singleman can survive with $100 per month never mind family man
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Kilode1: 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2011
Gbawe:

Lets not forget that the PDP always runs wasteful and over-bloated Government (obviously to aid corruption) that can be 'streamlined' for better efficiency and reduction of waste so money is made available for deliverance of greater value.  Oshiomhole hints at that below. Aregbe may simply be saving money elsewhere . We don't know the detailed macroeconomics of Osun State but we know that it  is not difficult , as a sincere person committed to serving the electorate, to deliver greater value than crooks who use every opportunity to steal.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/wikileaks-cable-reveals-how-goodluck-jonathan-engaged-multiple-voting

Yes. You have a point. I may not fully understand the economics behind his act. but I do know that Nigeria as it currently stands is an entitlement country where we share Oil money at the end of every month.

Yes, It's not Ideal, but until we get to a stage where unemployment is reduced to say 7-10% and we get our private business sector creating jobs, producing and exporting more than the Federal government, then I will support a free education policy.

Even America gives free money to her Students with government backed loans on very low interest. They are not silly.

Education is a national security issue, we have too many dumb@sses running around abeg.

I'll rather Subsidize education than subsidize Hajj and Jerusalem Pilgrimage. or even fuel  sef undecided
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Gekko(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
dayokanu:

Why not confirm what the national minimum wage is and ask how a singleman can survive with $100 per month never mind family man

I'm not condemning the move, i just wonder the quality of education that can be obtained for that kind of money.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ziccoit: 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
Xtfield:

I believe, it is better to pay 42000 in a school with good facilities than pay next to nothing in a school that will not make me a good graduate. No wonder, their computer graduates  can not operate computers not to talk of writing programs.

You sound like a guy born with sliver spoon in his mouth. You have made a lots of comparisons and forgot to state that no country of Nigeria status in the world where a worker go home with N3,500/month.

How do you want this man to feed his family not to talk of educating them?
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Reference(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2011
Any move to encourage and support education is the right move. The importance of sound and compulsory education in this country cannot be over emphasized. For those doing the arithmetic and worried about balancing the economic scales, it takes education to do that anyway.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Xtfield(m): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2011
@ Ziccoit,

Funny enough, I was not born with a wooden spoon not to talk of a silver spoon. I come from a humble and poor background. I never enjoyed Bursary or scholarship. My parents paid all my fees when I was at school. My point is this. Is University education compulsory? What is the use of a university education that turns out half-baked graduates. I laugh when people talk of unemployed graduates. Truth is many of these so called graduates are simply unemployable. I know this because I have been privileged to interview many job seekers. You need to be on one of such panels to know what I am talking about. Now, I do not blame the poor fellows. I ask myself what facilities did they have to study with while in school? Did they have standard modern laboratories?

Ask the University Administrators and they will tell you government does not give them enough funds. It is therefore unavoidable for the Universities to charge fees. While one would not support an arbitrary hike in fees, I am of the opinion that tuition at the University level should not be free. It should not be too low. This is one reason why most undergraduates are never serious. They have nothing to lose.

In the UK and USA, University education is not free. Government only has a loan system in place. There, you borrow and pay back (interest inclusive). It was tried in Nigeria, it failed because when people took those loans, they simply disappeared with them.

I have children and in spite of my meagre salary, I never waited for government to train them for me. I paid for their education from primary to University level. But I knew some of my friends who were busy building houses all over the place while I was doing that. Most Nigerians are quick to claim they are poor, but the truth is they fail to order their priorities. If a man is man enough to bring children into this world, he should know that he has a primary responsibility to provide for them. Leaving one's responsibility to Government or other people is an irresponsible act that should not be encouraged.

Today, Osun students can jubilate, but Aregbesola or ACN cannot employ all of them when they graduate with substandard knowledge. The banks, oil companies, telecommunication outfits, even private schools will be waiting for them with their extra-tough no-nonsense entry point exams.

One thing I know is when they fail those exams, they will turn to politics and continue the cycle of deception.

Good education can never be free or cheap. It costs a lot of money to build schools, employ teachers, equip the schools etc.

I rest my case
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by seedord247(m): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2011
Xtfield:

@ Ziccoit,

Funny enough, I was not born with a wooden spoon not to talk of a silver spoon. I come from a humble and poor background. I never enjoyed Bursary or scholarship. My parents paid all my fees when I was at school. My point is this. Is University education compulsory? What is the use of a university education that turns out half-baked graduates. I laugh when people talk of unemployed graduates. Truth is many of these so called graduates are simply unemployable. I know this because I have been privileged to interview many job seekers. You need to be on one of such panels to know what I am talking about. Now, I do not blame the poor fellows. I ask myself what facilities did they have to study with while in school? Did they have standard modern laboratories?

Ask the University Administrators and they will tell you government does not give them enough funds. It is therefore unavoidable for the Universities to charge fees. While one would not support an arbitrary hike in fees, I am of the opinion that tuition at the University level should not be free. It should not be too low. This is one reason why most undergraduates are never serious. They have nothing to lose.

In the UK and USA, University education is not free. Government only has a loan system in place. There, you borrow and pay back (interest inclusive). It was tried in Nigeria, it failed because when people took those loans, they simply disappeared with them.

I have children and in spite of my meagre salary, I never waited for government to train them for me. I paid for their education from primary to University level. But I knew some of my friends who were busy building houses all over the place while I was doing that. Most Nigerians are quick to claim they are poor, but the truth is they fail to order their priorities. If a man is man enough to bring children into this world, he should know that he has a primary responsibility to provide for them. Leaving one's responsibility to Government or other people is an irresponsible act that should not be encouraged.

Today, Osun students can jubilate, but Aregbesola or ACN cannot employ all of them when they graduate with substandard knowledge. The banks, oil companies, telecommunication outfits, even private schools will be waiting for them with their extra-tough no-nonsense entry point exams.

One thing I know is when they fail those exams, they will turn to politics and continue the cycle of deception.

Good education can never be free or cheap. It costs a lot of money to build schools, employ teachers, equip the schools etc.

I rest my case

such a good write up and nice point. Few pple know what the values of education is all about. Bravo man, keep it up
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:37am On Mar 09, 2011
Xtfield:

@ Ziccoit,

I rest my case

Quoted for truth.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ashley86(f): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2011
am a student of osun state university nd we still dey pay 190,000.00 is it dat we were exempted frm d reduction because its oyinlola dat founded our skul abi, y wld he reduce for oda skuls in d state except ours? sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Landmines Kill 5 In Yobe , 9 Injured / Yemi Osinbajo Encourages Farmers In Abeokuta / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.