Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,605 members, 7,944,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor (1785 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / OLOWU OF OWU Kingship: Meet The Final 7 Candidates / Itsekiri Is Yoruba- CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor by Etinosa1234: 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
ABULARdotCOM:

Because Eweka was Yoruba does not stop him from being Edo or Bini or whatever you guys call yourselves theses days. Everything is about opinion! Yoruba historian keep hammering the fact that a Yoruba prince came to your kingdom to father a child and he supervised that the child and his offsprings keep the throne. But you somehow don't agree with this, abi?

I personally don't like dabbling into history I can't prove, honestly. Who can confidently say what the true account was but knowing this things sometimes helps us in some ways sha.

Then do you agree that Eweka was a Yoruba-Bini prince or Yoruba prince born in Bini?

U are funny oo..

Yoruba historian say A
Benin historians say b but somehow Yoruba becomes more valid... U keep displaying clownery by the day

Because Oduduwa was Mecca or from the sky does not stop him from being Yoruba or whatever you guys call yourselves theses days. Everything is about opinion! Yoruba historian keep hammering the fact that a mecca prince came to your kingdom to father a child and he supervised that the child and his offsprings keep the throne. But you somehow don't agree with this, abi?

See I'm a Benin person and I'm gonna follow my Benin history. If it says A and another tribe says b
. I'll believe mine just like u have and disregard the other except there are credible eyewitness reports which ur Oduduwa doesn't have...

I can't continue this argument with someone like u that have not read Benin history

4 Likes

Re: Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor by ABULARdotCOM: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U are funny oo..

Yoruba historian say A
Benin historians say b but somehow Yoruba becomes more valid... U keep displaying clownery by the day

Because Oduduwa was Mecca or from the sky does not stop him from being Yoruba or whatever you guys call yourselves theses days. Everything is about opinion! Yoruba historian keep hammering the fact that a mecca prince came to your kingdom to father a child and he supervised that the child and his offsprings keep the throne. But you somehow don't agree with this, abi?

See I'm a Benin person and I'm gonna follow my Benin history. If it says A and another tribe says b
. I'll believe mine just like u have and disregard the other except there are credible eyewitness reports which ur Oduduwa doesn't have...

I can't continue this argument with someone like u that have not read Benin history

How many things would one learn -- one only needs to learn history of people that matter.

5 Likes

Re: Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor by macof(m): 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
Etinosa1234:

There are eyewitness reports of my grandfather because there are people that met him and knew what he did.. Even my grandfather first child met him

[s] So can u give me eyewitness reports or is it the fairytale that Oduduwa that skydived to become king according to Ife or the Oduduwa that trekked all the way from Mecca to Nigeria according to oyo that u believe is true...

Surely there must be eyewitness reports abt the first Ooni of ife [/s]

He asked you for eyewitness reports of your great grandfather. You are talking story

Where are the eye witness reports?

2 Likes

Re: Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor by Etinosa1234: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
macof:

He asked you for eyewitness reports of your great grandfather. You are talking story

Where are the eye witness reports?

At least there is only one report in my family abt my grandfather history

Remind me how many ur oduduwa has just among the yorubas?
Re: Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor by macof(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
Etinosa1234:

At least there is only one report in my family abt my grandfather history

Remind me how many ur oduduwa has just among the yorubas?

There is only one. It is up to the fools who fail to take traditions seriously to allow themselves take nonsense revisionist narratives seriously
Re: Itshekiri Are Yorubas And Benin Kingship Is Yoruba- Ayo Oritsejafor by Etinosa1234: 4:58am On Oct 25, 2020
macof:

There is only one. It is up to the fools who fail to take traditions seriously to allow themselves take nonsense revisionist narratives seriously

Yeah

There is only one in Yoruba...

That's why the one of ife is contrary to the one of Oyo and the one of Oyo is contrary to the one of ketu...

After all na only one Na cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brief History Of Edunabon / Photos From The Osun Oshogbo Festival / 50 Hausa Proverbs And Idioms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.