Stats: 3,173,831 members, 7,889,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:54 PM

Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral (1073 Views)

Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral by kingsleyi1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
Because of high level of moral decay in our society these days, men have resorted to choosing/sellecting their life partners through referrals.(ie through 3rd party recommendation)

What is the inherent andvantages and disadvatages  in this practice to the couples who met themselves through this process. (Is there any side-effect at all?).
Re: Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2007
kingsley i:

Because of high level of moral decay in our society these days, men have resorted to choosing/sellecting their life partners through referrals.(ie through 3rd party recommendation)

What is the inherent andvantages and disadvatages  in this practice to the couples who met themselves through this process. (Is there any side-effect at all?).

And women are the morally decayed ones right?
Re: Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral by kingsleyi1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2007
michelin89:

And women are the morally decayed ones right?

I am looking at it from Men's angle

Not that ladies are more morally bankrrupt than men.

You can also view it based on Ladies perspective.
or what do you think?
Re: Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral by Maximax(m): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2007
Nairaland guys and gals, my mouth is sealed watching and waiting for the last post hear b/4 i post my oppinion on this thread  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral by cuteass1(f): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2007
Is it noramal? Well yea, most things are normal

Is it advisable?? Well to each his own.

The method goes both ways, both men and women ask for opinions before making final decisions . . .

But like every other thing in life, this method could always back-fire in more ways than one. You might be led astray by your almighty "third party", things like jealousy, incertainty, grudge and deciet could be the cause , . and what do you do when it fails? Go back and konk them??

Some on the other hand have made great couples from this method, so i guess what I'm trying to say is that everything and anything could work for "A" and not work for "B", and something desired or approved by "A", might not be "B"'s ideal way of life.

But it doesnt make it any more normal or abnormal, its just a thing of prefence and choice . .  smiley

Re: Is It Normal Choosing A Spouse Through 3rd Party Referral by REZIGIRL(f): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2007
Yea Kingsley, I don't think it's wrong but then it's not a must that u marry the person recommended. It's only a recommendation, u go ahead do ur homework and make a decision.

Moreover, u have to be careful about who's doing the recommendation, is he/she someone u respect and u can rely on to an extent?

But whatever be the case, u still need to make a choice. Sometimes it works but then not always, so when it doesn't work do not put the blame on whoever did the recommendation.

Be wise.

S I N G L E P A R E N T I N G MADE EASY / I'm Ready For Dna Test: Miracle Babies Woman Tell Critics / Househelp Wahala