Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest (76205 Views)

7 Things President Buhari Revealed About Magu's Probe, Suspension / 9 Things President Buhari Said In His 'special Interview' With NTA / What Buhari Said About Boko Haram Yesterday That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by sammirano: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
Im just waiting for the children of hate to resume their destruction while law enforcement deal with them ruthlessly. If you listen very well the president has indictated that no rubbish will be allowed henceforth. In your best interest - as populated by Zenith bank, end all protest.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by tesppidd: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
The speech was a blunt one and I am very happy with the speech.

Cus even before he said a word, the entire wailing wailers had started abusing him and criticizing the speech even without knowing what he was going to say.

Good speech Mr President.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Kuginzi: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
I don't know why the haters and enemies of peace on Nairaland are more than the ambassadors of peace.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by obicmag(m): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
completely military speech. E no shock us.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by fineboynl(m): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
politics Nigeria have started again. to help me cement the things he didn't said. all na wash
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by DaSailor: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
The UK hospital that repaired our president's ear must give us a refund, they are actually did opposite.
Abeg those Nigerians for Peckham, make una protest go that hospital o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by CaveAdullam: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
You either evolve in this country or migrate. Otherwise, you perish.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by shiwex: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
Pre recorded broadcast

Is he afraid to speak with press?
Blame the fools that voted for him. A man that refused to come out for presidential debate. The man has nothing to offer. Everyone get your pvc ready for 2023.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Kuginzi: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Bad news travels fast. Information about trouble or misfortune disseminates quickly ( more quickly than good news).
I don't know why the haters and enemies of peace on Nairaland are more than the ambassadors of peace.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by BigBashiru: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/10-things-president-buhari-said-in-live-broadcast-on-endsars-protest/

Buhari has good intentions but implementation is slow.... how can you be talking of 10 year plan when stomachs are hungry?? He needs an aggressive cabinet filled with people like rotimi amaechi
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by royal231(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:
Yoruba claim against the Igbo is valid. Please read.

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.

You be ediot... Tinubu.. His son and the governor were part and parcel of the shootings.. They all played parts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by fayded(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.

Fem!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by DesChyko: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:
Yoruba ..... power.

Over 1,200 words expended in this comprehensive passage, none of which tackled the subject matter.

Instead you are bandying about a rhetoric forgotten as our struggle for survival ebbed and brimmed over the divides, forging the masses as one in the face of this common enemy.

#EndTribalism! #EndPolitricks! #EndBadGovernance #FOCUS!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by softguy1: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Nigerian which way?
This country funny no be small!!!
Who get Visa for USA abeg come make we reasons, because at a time no time.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by TemiGod(f): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
bunmconig:
I’ve been hearing some news that people went to loot a warehouse containing palliatives.

This is just to reassure the govt that the news is fake and those photos/videos are photoshopped.

No Nigerian went into any warehouse.
Rats working with unknown forces did this. Thank you
Ori gbogbo yin ti daru....
#Endbadgovernance

Lmaoooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by lilfresh96(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
YORUBA IS NOT OUR PROBLEM
HAUSA IS NOT OUR PROBLEM
IGBO IS NOT OUR PROBLEM

OUR PROBLEM IS OUR LEADERS BOTH FORMER AND CURRENT.

Pls do NOT join anyone to FIGHT OR ABUSE YORUBAS.
Pls do NOT join anyone to FIGHT OR ABUSE HAUSAS.
Pls do NOT join anyone to FIGHT OR ABUSE IGBOS.

They will try to turn us against each other. They will use RELIGION & TRIBE to make us attack one other.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM WIN.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE BLOOD OF OUR INNOCENT HARMLESS HEROES KILLED AT LEKKI AND ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO BE IN VAIN.

Pls keep sharing.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Myrage2: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
DONT RISK YOUR LIFE FOR NIGERIA.

DIE AND DIE FOR NOTHING.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Mexzy4sho(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. .
All uve said now... Ask yourself. What will you gain if a tribal war starts in the country??
You're a big FOOL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Iceberg3: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
He never forgets to talk about the zoo unity because it favours his ethnic group alone...thunda roast you there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Ugomichel: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ok
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by donnie(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
newharddrives:
Are you sure is up to 10? Cos wat l really heard was stop protesting,ur voices has bin heard

Me, what I heard in summary is... "go about your normal business, security forces will not allow those who want to disturb the peace have their way". Period.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by GoodGovernance: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
The choice to demonstrate peacefully is a fundamental right of citizens as enshrined in Section 40 of our Constitution and other enactments; but this right to protest also imposes on the demonstrators the responsibility to respect the rights of other citizens, and the necessity to operate within the law."

Good.

Blocking the road for others not go about their lawful duty,is a breach of the constitutional right to freedom of movement.

Like it or not,the Lekki so called peaceful protest was illegal!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by shadeyinka(m): 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:

On the contrary sir, you have a premeditated notion.

#EndSARS is a response to the frustration and bleak future staring in the faces of the youths.

You'll even notice that the usual childish intertribal wars between Yorubas and Ibos on Nairaland had virtually disappeared within the last three weeks.

The truth of the matter is that our governments have mortgaged the future of this country and they don't seem to care as long as they hold on to power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Izabel(f): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
I need to leave Nigeria ASAP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Ekob(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:

Did u really take time to read through this rubbish u posted here or u just did copy and paste?
I am just amazed at ur level of St*pidity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by blacknp(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Egoat:
I don't know who needs to see this, but if you aren't convinced that Buhari is a pathetic idiot with no remorse and no respect for lives then you are worse than a poo in a suckaway
You have been shouting address us, you have been addressed now you have a new complaint?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by dave234(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
Kwamecron:
Stupid.

Wat about the Lekki killings

Answers your self,idiot,tell your Father to be Nigeria president. Odeee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by OdefaGirl(f): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2020

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by dave234(m): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Izabel:
I need to leave Nigeria ASAP

Who cares,better go to Mali, there is a good life there,idiot.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:

Oga they no teach u summary for school

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by tsagir(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
ANTI TINUBU PROTEST BY IPOB WAS ACHIEVED, IPOB DESTROY LAGOS,IPOB DESTROY YORUBA LAND, PLS STOP BURNING YORUBA LAND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out A Lawmaker Resting After Jump The Fence Yesterday +pics Lol / Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" / Buhari Sacks Tafida, Bianca, Maduekwe, Farounbi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.