Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,172 members, 7,939,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed (28901 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Photos: Man Runs Mad, Goes Unclad After Winning N1m In Sportbet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by uglyguynop: 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2011
IF THIS IS TRUE CAN ANYONE CALL AND TELL HIS FAMILY TO TAKE HIM TO A PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL. HE JUST NEEDS ATTENTION AND CAN BE CURED EASILY. THIS IS A SIMPLE CASE OF SCHIZOPHRENIA AND ANYONE COULD GET TO SCHIZOPHRENIC STAGE BASED ON FRUSTRATION (LIVING CONDITION AND FAMILY OR FINANCIAL ISSUES) OR HEREDITARY, HE NEEDS TO BE HELPED. THE HOSPITAL IN ARO OGUN STATE IS VERY GOOD AND CAN HELP HIM IMMENSELY. ITS A PITY.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by Reptyle(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2011
Until someone puts up pictures of the gentleman strolling around Ibadan on bare feet, I no believe d tori smiley
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by buzugee(m): 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2011
Reptyle:

Until someone puts up pictures of the gentleman strolling around Ibadan on bare feet, I no believe d tori smiley
yeah i bet you would like to see yekini strolling around barefooted. speaking of which there is this fella in england called the barefoot doctor.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
apparently it is quite therapeutic to walk around barefooted. nevertheless, therapeutic aside, in nigeria there is that pesky little problem of 'broken bottles'. 'OUCHHHHHHHH'
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by konami001: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2011
This is the problem I c that is very wrong with Nigeria, nigerians! As strange as this may sound, but it is true, If everybody currently in Nigeria were to leave nigeria and the Country left empty, I do not have any doubt that the country will be better for it, How can you all keep saying people should help? Well- meaning Nigerians should help? What rubbish! If everyone keeps repeating the same statement of PEOPLE SHOULD HELP, how will the help come about! We need to do something quick, WE as in everybody together, not shifting the work to imaginary PEOPLE,

What we need to do first is to find people close to where he lives, and then get this information confirmed, from there we can progress to finding out how we can help him, Its just mental problem, irrespective of how it was caused, it can be controlled albeit temporarily, before a permanent solution is proffered, pls pls lets join hands to help, he is not a politician, he is one of us,
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by buzugee(m): 7:08pm On Mar 09, 2011
konami001:

This is the problem I c that is very wrong with Nigeria, nigerians! As strange as this may sound, but it is true,  If everybody currently in Nigeria were to leave nigeria and the Country left empty, I do not have any doubt that the country will be better for it,  How can you all keep saying people should help? Well- meaning Nigerians should help? What rubbish! If everyone keeps repeating the same statement of PEOPLE SHOULD HELP,  how will the help come about! We need to do something quick,  WE as in everybody together,  not shifting the work to imaginary PEOPLE,

What we need to do first is to find people close to where he lives, and then get this information confirmed,  from there we can progress to finding out how we can help him,  Its just mental problem,  irrespective of how it was caused, it can be controlled albeit temporarily,  before a permanent solution is proffered,  pls pls lets join hands to help,  he is not a politician,  he is one of us,
The man is a rich man with friends in high places. he can help himself. how about that your crazy neighbor or the crazy guy on the street ? have you tried helping them ? get off your soap box and come back down with the rest of us sane people  grin
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2011
Lazy tabloid journalism
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by bechex(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2011
This aint nice oh,
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by yommyuk: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2011
@OP
pls place link on this thread to confirm story.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by PastorOla1: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2011
I will like to see Pictures
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by sley4life(m): 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2011
I dont blv. If its true then the nxt person wud b Yak
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by naijasing(f): 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2011
how true it is i pray he get help
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by agentzakky(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2011
NFA!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese do something about this before it gets worse. His neighbours has been complaining for months, just couple of months ago Feyi Ogunduyile(NTA sport analyst) interviewed him to ask about the state of his health, he was driving a car then but still managed to wave to the camera that he was good. cry
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by leuelliot(m): 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2011
Story Story
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by seunlayi(m): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2011
The story may be true but i don't like the way it is being reported especially, the heading given to this topic. Mind you, this man is one of african football legend no matter whatever he is passing thru. I actually saw him some months back and i was able noticed some odds things about him which many people has also be noticing here in ib city. But above all, that may be the way he wants to live. tho, it appears the man always want to always be by himself. therefore, since this man is a national hero, if his relatives can confirm that he truly has a problem, he should be given the kind of vip treatment he deserves. Thank you all.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by CarlosVent(m): 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
Nigeria is busy passing a bil that will see former presidents paid salary and areas monthly till they die but they cant take care of their national hero's.

GEJ pls take note of this.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 10, 2011
Getting married to a daughter of a strong babalawo, getting famous through that, the crash came with the divorce. Please Yekini, Enough is enough, take this girl, sorry woman back, at least you will be forgiven.

A lesson to those who dine with the devil for a cause.

Yoruba babalawo strong oooooooooooooooooooo

huh?
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by RichDad1(m): 6:44am On Mar 10, 2011
For those of you saying it's untrue,well,so sad as it sounds.but it's 100% true.I can confirm to you that this man needs help asap.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by medjai(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2011
I don't believe this story. I know people have raised concerns about the state of his mental well being but roaming the streets? Haba now!
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by Antiscam1: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2011
If dis story actually appear on city pple magazine.dere might be at least an element of truth because it is such a weighty issue dat dey would not cook up completely for d purpose of selling dier NEWS.

If d story linking him to d strong babalawo scandal is also true as some one claimed on dis thread,pls NIGERIANS,try bundle him to TB JOSHUA at Lagos we cant allow dis HERO to waste away just like dat!
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by emenim(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] this sound unbelievable, and untrue to me, haba it has not come to that now.
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by rosefleurs: 10:34am On Mar 10, 2011
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101002132831

Rashidi Yekini’s new wave of generosity sparks row
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by andyanders: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2011
LET THEM TAKE HIM TO SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2011
God help him
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by otokx(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2011
Its good to have friends
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by NaijaNile: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
its a true story, he's been behaving strangely in the last few years.

I heard it on radio that NFF is trying to get him help
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by campella(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2011
NaijaNile:

its a true story, he's been behaving strangely in the last few years.

I heard it on radio that NFF is trying to get him help

Bros, you are a true son

emenim:

[color=#990000][/color] this sound unbelievable, and untrue to me, haba it has not come to that now.

Another Thomas of our generation?
This is not new.
It began when he decided to come home and join the local league.

This is Africa, where anything can happen cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by alldone(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2011
how did he get to that point?
o gaa o
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by deols(f): 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
I can not believe this until i c some proof, some pictures maybe
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by tuby(m): 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2011
But just acouple of minutes ago i had a chat with Rashidi Yekini on Facebook. People to facebook and add him. He spoke well,so this story is wrong!
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by amurx(m): 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2011
cant believe this 1 lae lae iro nla niyen maje
Re: Legendary Footballer Rashidi Yekini Runs Mad, Roams Street Bare Footed by knightride: 1:47am On Mar 11, 2011
Whether this story is true or not, All I know is that last year on AIT; Mitchel Obi, a sports presenter came across Yekini in Ibadan, living in a sad condition. He even said Yekini did not want to caught on camera, so he had to tell the cameraman to back off, while he interacted with him.
So, the secret coverage made by the cameraman was shown.
I can say the guy is not in good condition and he really needs help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Golden Eaglets To Join Super Eagles / EFCC Trolls An Arsenal Fan Over Their Customary 4th Position / Kanu Nwankwo: "Nicolas Pepe Has Put Fear Into Arsenal Rivals"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.