Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,872 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

Nigerian Government And The Politics Of RICE - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Government And The Politics Of RICE (203 Views)

New prophecy about TINUBU GOVERNMENT and mrs ONITIRI yorubanation / Landlord Festus Shares Bags Of Rice In Cambodia (Photos) / Special Notice To Lagos State Government And Nigeria Police . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government And The Politics Of RICE by topatee: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
I went to the market about three days ago and a bag of rice was being sold for 30K Naira and I ask myself where are all the locally produce rice promised by this administration as the justification for banning imported rice?
Before the ban on importation a bag of rice was going for 9k Naira and suddenly this government started what Fela called Government Magic promising us that a price of rice will become so cheap just as the price of SIM crashed, but looking back now I ask myself, what was the sense in putting Nigerian through such a sad experience when it was obvious that we cannot meet the demand.
If truly, this government is serious about #ENDSARS, i.e. lessen the pain of just coming out of COVID Lockdown and with added burden of increased fuel price, government need to reverse its decision of banning of imported rice,
To protect local producer, the government should buy it off any local producer who is willing to to sell at govt buying price.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Brags Over Lekki Massacre "I'M Still Jagaban, Asiwaju Of Lagos" / Congratulations to our WCW-Dr Ngozi Iweala / See This Guy Oooo... He As Joined Them In Speaking Against Brutality..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.