Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:00 PM

President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest (53706 Views)

7 Soldiers Killed In Taraba As Bandits Ambush Army General’s Convoy / Soldiers Burn Houses In Ohafia, Abia Over Death Of 7 Soldiers By Unknown Gunmen / 7 Soldiers Killed, 5 Injured As Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Nigerian Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Gavorche: 6:54am On Oct 24, 2020
obonujoker:
But northerner BMC paid clowns were saying otherwise for the past few days...

Helinues
Ibedun (ibedaft) etc

You are a great mumu man

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Healthquest: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
holllandis:
Nigeria protests: President Buhari says 69 killed in unrest

Sanwo olu is a liar
you r bigot and no sense in u , days how u people start it.
Buhari talk about d whole protest and Nigeria at large, sanwolu only talk abt lekki tollgate not even all of lagos and e was referring to 1 day fracas but here u r displaying ur nudity because I can see ur skull above no brain
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by iboboyswag(m): 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Rodwave:

God will punish foolish zombie miscreants like you
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Incognito403: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
AreaFada2:

Blunt force like the butt of police gun on his head.

I know some people think guns can only kill when shot. Especially indomie generation.

Now it's butt of police gun. Not direct bullets anymore.

Give yourself a round-of-a-slap!!!

angry
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by cpu2006(m): 6:55am On Oct 24, 2020
holllandis:
Nigeria protests: President Buhari says 69 killed in unrest

Sanwo olu is a liar

69 killed all over the country, not only Lagos State. Don't misquote him.
Killing innocent citizen in this country is not acceptable. But we should stop spreading fake news.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Lucazmora(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2020
Gradually they're beginning to come to terms

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2020
manjaid:
This is the total number of people all over the country,he didn't say at Lekki or Lagos alone.

Dealing with people on a faceless forum is not easy. Many of them don't have sense. Imagine people saying Sanwo Olu lied as if these numbers are people who all died at Lekki.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by capitalzero: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2020
majamajic:
Late address contributed to these deaths and lootings !!¡
If he had given the speech on Monday, there would not be shooting on Tuesday and carnage that followed .
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by iboboyswag(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2020
Toks2008:

Exactly. BEcause if the government had provided edequate security for the peaceful protesters as seen in sane countries across the world, these deaths could have been prevented but rather they ignored the protesters and even planted thugs to disrupt them and now these.

What a shameful imcompetent government.

The only solution to ourproblem is restricturing.

So it was good for protesters to stop other persons from going about their business abi... Extorting money from motorist and disturbing public peace.

Becoming the monsters you want to change.

Very unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Nchenches: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2020
guru90:
At least now, 9ja police will keep on respecting us (we youth), any where they see us...
If 9ja police remember how the youth cut off that Dpo head and that one they breaks Upto 12 bottles on his head...
Police go the fear 9ja youth now....

Because any f**k must be treated!

If u are youth in this forum both ladies and guys.... I love you all...............

Not so. The police shall become more brutal from now on.

The brutality is all about preserving the fraudulent lopsided political structure under unitary government system created by northern soldiers to favor only the northern region politically and economically.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by zikter(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2020
jlinkd78:
Thought one Femi Adesina claimed Buhari deliberately omitted mentioning d deaths during this struggle cos it's under investigation and would be too early to do so. Honestly I feel d greatest undoing a leader would have is having sycophants around him/her who rather than telling him d truth and apologize on his behalf when necessary would rather be ass-licking and make such leader appear infallible. Femi Adesina would be remembered in history as one of those that often twisted narrative to be in d good books of d tyrants against common truth and conscience. Imagine if in d broadcast Buhari observed a one minute silence for d souls of those that died!!!.
Were the figures mentioned specific to the lekki shootings? Femi was specifically talking about lekki shootings, the president is talking about recorded deaths during the protests nationwide. Two different things apart. And for the records, Buhari mentioned about people that died during the struggle in his speech, go and read again. He didn't mention the lekki shootings though, but that does not mean you should be mixing things up the way you did, which can result to misinformation
I am just trying to throw more light on your mix up, so don't pick offence and start name calling

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Gval123: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Bad governance has no tribe, no race , no religion. Nigeria is supposedly one nation, but out politicians are smart enough to divide us along ethnic lines, religions and tribal differences. It huts so bad to see that while we were chanting reforms, good governance, an end to police brutality, proper and living wages for our security personnel, infrastructural development, good health care, end to corruption etc, Our norther brothers watched us from afar, as the military butcher our youths in cold blood. As though that was not bad enough, the chanted they need SARS. Remember, we wept with you and are still weeping with you every time BOKO HARAM, We wept with you when Buhari ordered his armies to slaughter the shiet people, We stood against our own (PRESIDENT JONATHAN) and voted for Buhari, because we felt the issue of Boko haram was not transparently handled. In fact, we bleed with you every time Boko haram stroke the north. We saw you as brothers not enemies. Now you have one of your own in government, it was time for you to also speak, as it is for the betterment of all, you did not just stay silent, but instead, you attacked us, spoke against us, mocked the sincerity of our cry. hmmmm. I say this to you, LIFE NA TURN BY TURN, E GO REACH UNA BODY. The blood of our youth received humiliation from you people. Nigeria have experience one so called civil war in the past, but in reality, it was a massacre by the government in the eastern region. It pained me knowing that my people from the west allowed that to happen as we are all one. You can cover or rewrite history, but you the never erase the scar of wars. If my fathers had stood up and join in the fight, we would have been in a much better situation today. No country can survive two civil war, none. This time, its not going to be called civil war, its going to be the war between the citizens and the ruling class. We die here. These criminal politicians using us against each other, a day will come in this country, even your money will be useless to us, We die here

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2020
helinues:
Things we could have avoided.

RIP to them oo
So people were killed now eekwa?
I thought the news of the killings was propaganda by PDP and Igbos?

The evil that men do because of stipends may render them useless even after reincarnation.

I know a man that a lot of people have severally helped to be useful to himself yet, nothing was working for him and to be fair, he worked hard then.

I was so worried that I said to him one day, go and have a rethink about his life. Don't meet a pastor, don't pray, just have a quiet time and think about your life.

He later told me in confidence that he once lied against an innocent man who suffered greatly for something he knew nothing about and guess what, the innocent man died in that suffering.

As soon as he told me this, I simply stopped every communication and the little help I was offering him to avoid partaking in his karma.

I pray it won't be too late for you and other folks like you here to make amends.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by zikter(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2020
Odunolumide:
I thought no one has been killed so far.
Hmm

Who said that? Even the president's speech acknowledged deaths. Why will you be thinking nobody died?
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Ekpekaycee: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2020
This is serious. 68 people dead in 2 days of national madness. Even covid-19 at its peak did not cause the death of such number of Nigerians. Yet we were so meticulous to prevent covid-19 and yet not the protests.
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Jorgenvava: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2020
Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Perhaps, reason why there was an increase in the death toll and why the army also denies it.

Now, you may be wondering why DJ Switch and others took the bodies to the soldiers. Let me tell you what happened.

According to Brigadier General Francis Omata, who was alleged as the person who gave his soldiers, the command to kill unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, he didn't do it.

Francis said he was not the one who gave the order. It was Lt. Col S.O Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny Camp.

Why his name is being spread about is because when he heard the plot, he rushed to the scene 39 minutes later to pull back his boys.

He had to announce his name to prevent them from shooting him. This was how people got his name and thought he led them. Here is the link below to read this information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.withinnigeria.com/2020/10/21/brigadier-francis-omata-clears-the-air-on-lekkimassacre-names-officer-who-led-the-operation/amp/

Yes, the Nigerian Army under the command of LT. Col S.O Bello, gave the command to kill unarmed protesters. Who sent Bello?

Now, the reason why DJ Switch trusted the army enough to lay the bodies at their feet was because of Omata. She thought she could trust him, since he came to stop his boys. So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

The bulk of the killing, the probable 63 dead youths were killed by SARS, the same people this protest is all about.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2020
Wicked leaders

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Kuginzi: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2020
Another FAKE NEWS by evil perpetrators in order to infiltrate evil in the minds of people. We don't believe any social media news any longer, Can u show us the video clip where Buhari stated that?
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by AreaFada2: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2020
Incognito403:

angry
You must be a beneficiary of status quo or police

Well may police treat you like many Nigerians. Like Apo 6, those raped, summarily executed innocent people.

Give your self a rousing Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by AreaFada2: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2020
Incognito403:

angry
You must be a beneficiary of status quo or police.

Well, may police treat you like many Nigerians. Like Apo 6, those raped, summarily executed innocent people.

Give your self a rousing Amen!!

Otherwise you are just another coward among many who speak from both sides of their mouth.
Never reliable or trustworthy.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by holllandis: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2020
Skmoda360:

So apt
Shopona
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by mrkings84(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2020
Buhari is more bitter and have more concerns about government properties destroyed over the civilians lives wasted by the armies during this protests!!

#End_evil_buhari#

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Cajal(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2020
How do u show remorsefulness
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by kinkymax: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2020
Awol1:
What will zombies say now?

What will these cows do now that their herder has admitted what they have been running pillar to post to deny?
olodo .u no get understanding at all..he said 51 civilians died in total he never said 51civilians were killed at lekki toll gate,,haba,,u no go school ni
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by zikter(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2020
PaschalWooden:
I thought they (Buhari, Sanw-olu and co) claimed no live was lost? We lost more than 51' civilians.
Nonsense!
stop misleading people. Buhari is talking about deaths Nationwide. And can you show us where Buhari said nobody died? His uninspiring speech even acknowledged that people died. Sanwo Olu was talking about lekki shootings when he said nobody died, but later acknowledged two deaths thereafter from the incident. Or are you finding is difficult to understand the news. Simply put, the news is about people who sadly died during the protests nationwide and is not about lekki shootings alone
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by ThatFairGuy1: 7:09am On Oct 24, 2020
Awol1:
What will zombies say now?

What will these cows do now that their herder has admitted what they have been running pillar to post to deny?
You're not brilliant
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by SirVintageCock: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2020
Biodun556:

Prove it if you believe people died
I don't have anything to prove to you. The onus is on you to provide irrefutable evidences that it didn't happen.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by kinkymax: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2020
Jorgenvava:
Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Perhaps, reason why there was an increase in the death toll and why the army also denies it.

Now, you may be wondering why DJ Switch and others took the bodies to the soldiers. Let me tell you what happened.

According to Brigadier General Francis Omata, who was alleged as the person who gave his soldiers, the command to kill unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, he didn't do it.

Francis said he was not the one who gave the order. It was Lt. Col S.O Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny Camp.

Why his name is being spread about is because when he heard the plot, he rushed to the scene 39 minutes later to pull back his boys.

He had to announce his name to prevent them from shooting him. This was how people got his name and thought he led them. Here is the link below to read this information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.withinnigeria.com/2020/10/21/brigadier-francis-omata-clears-the-air-on-lekkimassacre-names-officer-who-led-the-operation/amp/

Yes, the Nigerian Army under the command of LT. Col S.O Bello, gave the command to kill unarmed protesters. Who sent Bello?

Now, the reason why DJ Switch trusted the army enough to lay the bodies at their feet was because of Omata. She thought she could trust him, since he came to stop his boys. So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

The bulk of the killing, the probable 63 dead youths were killed by SARS, the same people this protest is all about.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!
fallacy
Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Myself2(m): 7:13am On Oct 24, 2020
And their blood is on your hands and on your head President Buhari

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Jorgenvava: 7:15am On Oct 24, 2020
kinkymax:
fallacy

All of it? Including dj switch's video, omata's admission, sanwo olu's tweet and Reno's tweet right?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by faithfull18(f): 7:16am On Oct 24, 2020
Incognito403:
If those stubborn goats didn't make themselves pawns in the hands of some unpatriotic and unscrupulous elements, we would be far from this mess.

Simple request; please stay at home, there's curfew.

Now, they've been used to cook propaganda. We hope the government gets to the bottom of this. Someone must pay for this Lekki Toll Gate propaganda.

Hoepoenu, ndi ara.

Eye witness and we're yet to see any family members claim their person is missing. Even ordinary staff has been declared missing, na complete human a beings no see anyone claim them.

Sense is far from you all.
You are the one sense is far from. There are pictures everywhere of missing persons whose last seen was on the protest grounds on Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari: 51 Civillians, 11 Policemen, 7 Soldiers Died In Unrest by Jakemedg(m): 7:17am On Oct 24, 2020
helinues:
Things we could have avoided.

RIP to them oo
No shey you were not feeling remorseful before because you buharists have sold your conscience to the devil.

Oya you ThatFairGuy 1,Ibedun,Dcatt,DontBullshitMe,
Luvmijeje
NGPatriot
Omptimum123
OzonNengiTheory
Unik3030
Miracle 2020
ODJ124
I am grey
Iam wonderful
360degrees
should also accuse President Buhari of spreading FAKE NEWS

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator George Sekibo Blows A Whistle At Plenary Session Over Ikoyi Billions / Sunday Erhator: N500,000 Raised For Armed Lagos Policeman Assaulted By Civilian / Chude Has Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.