Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,206 members, 7,880,760 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:14 AM

What You Should Do When Kids Lie - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What You Should Do When Kids Lie (244 Views)

My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie / Is It Right For A Father To Lie Like This, With His Grown-up Daughter? / Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Do When Kids Lie by VirtueDigest: 11:47am On Oct 24, 2020
Most times, kids lie to avoid being beaten by their parents. It’s a fact that we all want our kids to always tell the truth, but there will be a point where our patience will be tested. Therefore, parents need to keep in mind that telling lies is a natural part of child development and that in most cases, kids outgrow this behaviour.

So, why exactly do kids lie? Here are some reasons they lie:

To avoid working
To get attention
Fear of punishment
To boast amidst their classmates
To showcase their anger

It should be noted that, kids do not understand the consequences of lying until you explain them. Therefore, parents are advised to explain why it is bad to lie, what it leads to and what they need to do when they eventually lie.

As parents, what should you do when your kids lie? Here are few tips:

UNDERSTAND THE ROOT CAUSE
You should know whether your kid is telling to tell a tall tale as part of fantasy or because (s)he doesn’t want to be punished? If it is fantasy, you can’t afford to discourage her creativity. However, if it’s really to avoid punishment then, you need to explain why it’s bad. Make them understand that telling the truth pays no matter what.

Read more: https://virtuedigest.com/what-you-should-do-when-kids-lie/?swcfpc=1

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Always Put Smile On Your Family Every Time / Marriage Tips / How To Know If Your Child Is Going Through Sexual Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.