Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,268 members, 7,884,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? (795 Views)

I Am Hunger. / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) / Happy World Meal Gate: kicking hunger & malnutrition out of Nigeria & Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by StudentsNG: 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
The claim that close to a billion people - 1/8 of the world's population - still live in hunger is either underestimated, or Nigeria’s current situation is grossly underreported.

Video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGvJUlzgt7QXsUsJGG-bfIy1o1UKdsvnJTNZS00/?igshid=1ndjc12szef9z

———-
Not sure how to add the video here, unfortunately.
———-

It is painful watching people suffer abject lack, extreme starvation and live hopelessly in a country of plenty. Bad leadership have indeed messed my country up. Stupid, uneducated, heartless rogues adorned with unmerited accolades!

What you see being looted in this video is a COVID-19 palliative storage site in Jos, Plateau State Capital.

Agriculture aside, this state is one of the abundantly blesssd states in Nigeria - tin, tantalite, wolfram (tungsten), kaolin, zircon, and uranium are found here in large quantities. Plateau State has world's largest known deposits of columbite. Yet, the people are hungry to the point of risking their lives to grab food items selfishly stored out of public reach.

These are palliative from peoples’ donations, now comfortably stored by individuals at different places - waiting for the right time to sell, I guess. Nigeria is sick, very sick and it hurts. #EndSars #covid_19 #corruption #food

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by yomi007k(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
People will always lack in this part of the world because our people themselves are lazy, wicked and myopic.

Give them grants for a business and they misappropriate the money, drink alcohol , chase girls and give birth to more liabilities.

Employ them to give them a chance to be part of something worthwhile and they will always misbehave. Steal properties or not do the work at all. That is if they don't kidnap or kill the employer.

Sadly, we became blessed with terrible leadership who are a product of our corrupt mode of thinking.

The gods are angry. Death is imminent.

2 Likes

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by EmptyGarden(m): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
We are not the poverty capital of the world for nothing... This is solid proof.

1 Like

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by chatinent: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
Bro,

My words left me when I discovered these people could store food from the very people they were to take care of.

It's rather crazy, evil and greedy.

I was left with bewilderment when I scrolled through the streets of my webpage surfing specifically for “ware house looting” as keywords only to discover the numerous houses these greedy men store billions of donations.

There was a country.

I wipe for those hoping for a change in the present system of things.

1 Like

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by 10BabyApple: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
grin

Can you believe what you are seeing. Hunger is real

1 Like

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:12am On Oct 25, 2020
It's not hunger
It's entitlement mentality plus greed
Half of that crowd can afford to take care of themselves. They just want to fill their stores
I repeat half or more can adequately take care of themselves. Before the warehouse they survived.none is crippled there

1 Like

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by illicit(m): 6:14am On Oct 25, 2020
Power to the people
Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by StudentsNG: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
I agree with you, no questions. Laziness, and poor approach to life itself is part of our challenges. And what you said about the populace itself is not far from the truth, it doesn’t make sense to see these things!

Nigeria and Nigerians are missing something, what it is I have no idea. But something is wrong with a good percentage of us, leaders and followers alike.

yomi007k:
People will always lack in this part of the world because our people themselves are lazy, wicked and myopic.

Give them grants for a business and they misappropriate the money, drink alcohol , chase girls and give birth to more liabilities.

Employ them to give them a chance to be part of something worthwhile and they will always misbehave. Steal properties or not do the work at all. That is if they don't kidnap or kill the employer.

Sadly, we became blessed with terrible leadership who are a product of our corrupt mode of thinking.

The gods are angry. Death is imminent.
Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by StudentsNG: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tufiakwa! cry

How do we bell the cat?

chatinent:
Bro,

My words left me when I discovered these people could store food from the very people they were to take care of.

It's rather crazy, evil and greedy.

I was left with bewilderment when I scrolled through the streets of my webpage surfing specifically for “ware house looting” as keywords only to discover the numerous houses these greedy men store billions of donations.

There was a country.

I wipe for those hoping for a change in the present system of things.
Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by Greatzeus(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
It's not hunger
It's entitlement mentality plus greed
Half of that crowd can afford to take care of themselves. They just want to fill their stores
I repeat half or more can adequately take care of themselves. Before the warehouse they survived.none is crippled there
God bless you abundantly. Our politicians who steal are they hungry? Nigerians are greedy and selfish. Everybody wants to get his own share giving any opportunity. We don't hate corruption,we love and romance it. It's just painful we are not the one doing the stealing.

1 Like

Re: If This Isn’t Hunger, What Is? by expliciit: 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
That is the monster APC government created across Nigeria, this is just the beginning, the awareness is beginning to crept in

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Aleewa / How To Eat Healthy On A Budget / Suppliers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.