Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,709 members, 7,892,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:44 PM

Isaiah 42:8—“I Am The LORD” Explained - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isaiah 42:8—“I Am The LORD” Explained (256 Views)

Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept / Book of Isaiah (Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil) / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaiah 42:8—“I Am The LORD” Explained by TruthHurts100: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2020
“I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.”—Isaiah 42:8, King James Version.

Is LORD a name?

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Isn't this confusing?

How about another translation

Jehovah declared to my Lord: ‘Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.’

Jehovah talking to our Lord Jesus Christ.

So Isaiah 42:8

“I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.”—The ‘Holy Scriptures,’ by J. N. Darby.

“I am Jehovah; that is My name; and I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to engraved images.”—A Literal Translation of the Bible.

Of what use is a translation that is confusing?

Why are people afraid of using God's divine name JEHOVAH?

He has just one name.

Exodus 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. ...ASV

HE NEVER SAID NAMES OR ONE OF MY NAMES.

Matthew 6:9 Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

2 Likes

Re: Isaiah 42:8—“I Am The LORD” Explained by Preciousgirl(f): 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jesus Christ is God Almighty

Jw spotted

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 42:8—“I Am The LORD” Explained by Janosky: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
Preciousgirl:
Jesus Christ is God Almighty

Jw spotted

Acts3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus

Exodus 3:15
God also told Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'Jehovah, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you"

John 20:17
“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

4 Questions for you:
* : @ John 20:17 & Rev3:5,12 & 21,Did Jesus Christ confirm that Acts 3:13 and Exodus 3:14-15 are very true?

**: According to Jesus Christ, & his confirmation of Acts3:13, Exodus 3:14-15 and John20:17, is it very clear to you that the Trinitarian FRAUD of John 5:58 is invalid?

Between you and Jesus Christ/the Bible,who is saying the truth?

***: Will you stop deceiving yourself ?

1 Like

Re: Isaiah 42:8—“I Am The LORD” Explained by Maximus85(m): 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
Janosky:

Acts3:13
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus

Exodus 3:15
God also told Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'Jehovah, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you"

John 20:17
“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

4 Questions for you:
* : @ John 20:17 & Rev3:5,12 & 21,Did Jesus Christ confirm that Acts 3:13 and Exodus 3:14-15 are very true?

**: According to Jesus Christ, & his confirmation of Acts3:13, Exodus 3:14-15 and John20:17, is it very clear to you that the Trinitarian FRAUD of John 5:58 is invalid?

Between you and Jesus Christ/the Bible,who is saying the truth?

***: Will you stop deceiving yourself ?

They run away when they see scriptures in action.
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Laws Are Made For The Poor / Prophecies Of 2020 By Popular Pastors Yet To Fulfill As Year Ends(see Video) / My Children Will Have Nothing To Do With Your Jesus Christ - Priestess Ebekuo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.