Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,040 members, 7,883,603 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) (958 Views)

"I Go To Hotel Rooms To Read Bible And Sleep With Guys Inside Church"- Slay Mama / Ladies Are You Cool With Guys Grabbing Your Backside In Public? (Photo) / How Girls Act When They Want To Have Sex With Guys (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by cfree14(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2020
Personally I don't like doing house chores as I see it as a lady's job. If I'm providing the money and paying almost all the bills, then these little things(house chores) shouldn't be a problem for the lady I'm dating.
I decided to create this thread because I'm always having issues with my girlfriend when it comes to house work. She is complaining that I don't help her in any way at home.
This is someone that I assist at home sometimes when I deem it necessary. I wash plates, sweep the house, sometimes cook when I know she needs help.
It becomes a problem when I refuse to assist her on a daily basis. I try to make her understand the fact that for me assisting her, doesn't make it my job. The funny thing is, she always makes this statement "if its like this, then I don't think it would work between us".

I just want to know if other guys are experiencing something similar and what's the best way to resolve it
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Officialgarri: 9:55am On Oct 26, 2020
Why should you be cohabiting with a girl you aren't married to, talk more of talking about chores?

She should do her chores in her house while i do mine..

2 Likes

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2020
Girlfriend? As in girlfriend? I blame you not, I blame the girl for cohabiting with you.

2 Likes

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by collinsfhk(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2020
cfree14:
Personally I don't like doing house chores as I see it as a lady's job. If I'm providing the money and paying almost all the bills, then these little things(house chores) shouldn't be a problem for the lady I'm dating.
I decided to create this thread because I'm always having issues with my girlfriend when it comes to house work. She is complaining that I don't help her in any way at home.
This is someone that I assist at home sometimes when I deem it necessary. I wash plates, sweep the house, sometimes cook when I know she needs help.
It becomes a problem when I refuse to assist her on a daily basis. I try to make her understand the fact that for me assisting her, doesn't make it my job. The funny thing is, she always makes this statement "if its like this, then I don't think it would work between us".

I just want to know if other guys are experiencing something similar and what's the best way to resolve it

The best way to resolve it is get married. Dont live with someone's daughter whom you are not married to.

Proverbs 31:3 Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by cfree14(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2020
Officialgarri:
Why should you be cohabiting with a girl you aren't married to, talk more of talking about chores?

Its funny but you need to live with a Nigerian girl to actually know who they really are. Of course this is for a girl you have a serious relationship with that might lead to marriage
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2020
Officialgarri:

You dey sell garri? As an official Buhari asslicker and deputy zombie-in-chief, you suppose dey work for FIRS or NNPC, how come dey sideline you like this? Pele.

2 Likes

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Temmylee01(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2020
shoooooooooooooooters

issokay!!!!!!
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2020
cfree14:

Its funny but you need to live with a Nigerian girl to actually know who they really are. Of course this is for a girl you have a serious relationship with that might lead to marriage

Who preached that lie to you? Most cohabiters don't end up getting married cos of see finish, and it most definitely doesn't guarantee a successful and long lasting marriage.

2 Likes

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by cfree14(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Girlfriend? As in girlfriend? I blame you not, I blame the girl for cohabiting with you.
Anty calm down. We've been dating for about 2+ yrs. I don't see anything wrong if we stay close to each other, especially if she is not being a burden. Its all part of courtship
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by collinsfhk(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2020
Beyond that, it blinds you from reality. Thats where you get 'love is blind' cos you can't really know the person, its illusive. Make a paradigm shift bro
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:08am On Oct 26, 2020
cfree14:

Anty calm down. We've been dating for about 2+ yrs. I don't see anything wrong if we stay close to each other, especially if she is not being a burden. Its all part of courtship

Everything is wrong dude, whether relationship or courtship, so far you haven't paid bride price or made it legal, it is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by davien(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2020
None. I live a traditional life, she does the chores, I go to work, can't be feeding you more than your usage to my life.
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Oluromantic: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2020
Pant washing
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2020
I don't even have one but if I had ehn,
I would gladly help in clearing her bush wink and eat her clit out till she screams to orgasm
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Officialgarri: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

You dey sell garri? As an official Buhari asslicker and deputy zombie-in-chief, you suppose dey work for FIRS or NNPC, how come dey sideline you like this? Pele.

Na so we see am o my dear
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by ImpregnaTor(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2020
Bedroom chores... If you know you know
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by fuckaholic25(f): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2020
chores? with ur girlfriend? not even ur fiancé? both of u are mad

1 Like

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by oladipo81606: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2020
Beyond that, it blinds you from reality. Thats where you get 'love is blind' cos you can't really know the person, its illusive. Make a paradigm shift bro
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2020
I help her Service her Engine
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by mosdii(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Your past gestures or help don't count if you cannot provide the immediate help or support she needs.

First mistake, you are paying the bills and still doing house chores when she's not contributing anything to the bills.

Second mistake, you showed her that you can do house chores and she capitalized on that to manipulate you to do more of it.

Third mistake, she is giving you the sign that she wants you to be paying the bills and still be doing house chores because you must help her (entitlement) and you have totally falled for it.

lastly, instead of you to cushion her and put her in her place kitchen remember;

W= Women

E= Education

E= Ends in the

K= Kitchen

Solution

Tell her that you cannot help her do her duties since you are fulfilling yours. if she continuously Insinuate that you help her out, tell her to help you with the bills too and hear her response.

NB: She has already given you the red flag with her statement.
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
cfree14:

#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

Her statement, if it is like this, then I don't think it is going to work between us" it shows that she is the one in charge.. one day she would abandon you in that relationship, the person that cares less in a relationship controls it.. I wonder why it is hard for you guys to read in between the lines and also smell the coffee ..
I am no prophet of doom, but it would end in premium Tears for you.. na just time.. but she go dump you, I use that same lines she use on you on My girlfriend, you know why, she loves me more and I love her less.. I hold the key to the Affair..

As for the chores.. I do my chores myself, I hate someone doing chores for me and I live alone, so if you are cohabiting then I got nothing to say on it..
My peace..I leave you.
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by JONSYN7154: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Cooking because I like it. what I hate to do is washing of opts and plates.
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by cfree14(m): 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
mosdii:
Your past gestures or help don't count if you cannot provide the immediate help or support she needs.

First mistake, you are paying the bills and still doing house chores when she's not contributing anything to the bills.

Second mistake, you showed her that you can do house chores and she capitalized on that to manipulate you to do more of it.

Third mistake, she is giving you the sign that she wants you to be paying the bills and still be doing house chores because you must help her (entitlement) and you have totally falled for it.

lastly, instead of you to cushion her and put her in her place kitchen remember;

W= Women

E= Education

E= Ends in the

K= Kitchen

Solution

Tell her that you cannot help her do her duties since you are fulfilling yours. if she continuously Insinuate that you help her out, tell her to help you with the bills too and hear her response.

NB: She has already given you the red flag with her statement.
I appreciate u taking out time to look into my situation man. By d way, she is actually a good person, I don't know who has been giving her advice lately
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
When I was staying with my dude
Whenever the babe comes to visit us
She sweep the floor and she cooks but we help in the kitchen also.

Yes the maintenance of the house is for the ladies but since you don't have kids yet
You should help somehow
If she's sweeping,you can help with the dishes and if she's cooking you can stay with her and help her in picking whatever she needs.
No Go date girls wey no fit take care of house or cook ooo.

Also it's stupid when you think a girl should not do chores in her boyfriend's apartment because they are not married but you feel it is appropriate for the boyfriend to give her money and take care of some of her needs.
Na placenta dey ur head no be brain
If u dey reason like that.

1 Like

Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by mosdii(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
cfree14:

I appreciate u taking out time to look into my situation man. By d way, she is actually a good person, I don't know who has been giving her advice lately

You don't know a woman until you marry her.

Nobody is good even Jesus Christ said there's only one that is good and that is his father in heaven.

She has given you the signal, stand your ground and correct your mistakes or bounce.
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by 2dice01: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
cfree14:

Why is she in your house everyday ?
Even a fiancée shouldn't be in my house everyday
See finish will enter body the equation

@ the bolded

If any Lady am dating says such to me
I will just tell her to go to her house ..
Re: What House Chores Do You Help Your Girlfriend With?(guys Only) by jasman1: 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
You must be a complete idioot to think that cohabitation is something to be proud of. What a wasted spermmm

(1) (Reply)

Girlfriend Application Post. / . / Nigerian Men Talk About Paying Their Girlfriends Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.