Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,243 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:41 AM

#FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) (47568 Views)

Angry Youths Protest Bad Roads In Sango Ota, Ogun State / Old Oshodi Reincarnating In Sango-Ota / Bad Road In Sango, Ogun State: Is Your Local Government Chairman Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by DiagnoPolitics: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
helinues:
The way I am disgusted with the people residing in Sango/Ota/Idi Iroko people heh.

Those people don't know whas is right or wrong cos if not, that same Sango road should have been fixed long time ago.

Ever since I missed two TOEFL exams due to the traffic in that axis,I stopped plying the road

You wouldn't have passed the TOEFL exams anyway, your vocabulary skills are nonsensical.

2 Likes

Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Reference:

Good morning. Read my posts around election season and see how I resist those who go to the polls 'in hope'.

I usually tell them that you don't employ a driver and hope he doesn't send you off a bridge. You don't employ a security guard and hope you can get some sleep at night. No.

You screen and test for competency. Instruct, train and monitor on the job for performance. That is you get the best eggs and then MAKE the best omlette. Only a mad man will employ a cook to drive and expect miracles in the name of 'hope'. That is foolishness.

Great soccer players are made by great managers serving in great clubs. Great clubs ensure they buy certified or potentially great players. That is the right way.

If Nigeria desires to progress then it has to assemble the greatest set of Nigerians to lead them, get them contesting vigorously for office and after electing them MAKE them to deliver the best policies and programmes possible.

That is a surer way than 'hoping'. What the hell is hoping. That is gambling with your life, your future.

God bless you Bro. They keep shouting buhary address us X10. Now someone that ditched a debate should have given you a cue as to his pedigree. A case of faith without work. We will keep getting recorded address till 2023 no magic about that.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Ade3131: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Brandonx:
The deplorable state of the road is quite alarming, but they should know when to back down because from the last #EndSARS protest it became clear most Nigerians are not mentally ready for a change.

Like the saying "Rome was not built in a day" This change we re all clamoring for takes time and most Nigerians don't know that, they are greedy and would use any opportunity they have to loot and cause pain to others.

In a sane clan, they're supposed to be protected by the police a through so that thugs and other enemies of the state do not infiltrate them but in our dear country, the most basic things are luxury.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Charly68: 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
God bless you guys ,take the protest to the Governor's office
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by faithfull18(f): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
Okortor:
OGUN state is the worst state in Nigeria when it comes to road. Too bad.
Dapo Abiodun needs to do something ASAP.
The only thing he does is to announce curfew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by okonyia(m): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sango road is something else. It's long overdue. You will be surprise that that area is the main source of revenue for ogun state. The wicked government wouldn't do something about it.
God help Nigeria
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by theFilmtric: 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Otta roads are the WORST
Especially that Joju-Access college road!
That's the worst road I've plied in my life angry
I've fallen from keke napep like 3 times now
And the deputy governor is from ota o!
Seun can relate to this

theFilmtricsay
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by sonofthunder: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
lalasticlala:
#FIxOtaRoads protest rocks Sango Ota as residents protest against bad roads.

Watch the videos:

Video 1) Residents storm the streets protesting against bad roads as police officers watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LUL2NgRFrM

Video 2) Video shows some of the bad roads in Ota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XkeTw0j_IM

Video 3) Protesters sing the National Anthem before starting their protest rally against bad roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbyielaLptg

See earlier thread about the protest here https://www.nairaland.com/6204202/ogun-state-residents-let-protest#95318882

You guys may not understand their plight until you travel that route. Last time I used that road was about 2 years ago and I deeply regretted it. That is a first class bad road.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by LadySarah: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Healthquest:

Av been to both ,d only difference is dat Ota own no plenty as per d distance no reach Aba but grade of how bad it is are on d same level , Aba to port Harcourt dat use to b 400 /500 is now 2500/2000 due to bad road

I paid #700 last Sunday. our bus went through old Aba road cos of the flyovers under construction. where did you pay 2k? lie lie.

Aba inner roads are terrible though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Okortor: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lolz, aunty u r wicked o
faithfull18:

The only thing he does is to announce curfew.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by tot(f): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
0taPiaPia:

No mind the guy.. just embarrassing himself all by himself today. Godwin cool

Yes o cool

1 Like

Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Okortor: 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lolz, aunty said "lie lie" that got me laughing out loud.
LadySarah:

I paid #700 last Sunday. our bus went through old Aba road cos of the flyovers under construction. where did you pay 2k. lie lie
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by raphy(m): 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
that road from ayobo to cele in ogun is eye sore #fixotaroad #wokenation
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Healthquest: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
LadySarah:

I paid #700 last Sunday. our bus went through old Aba road cos of the flyovers under construction. where did you pay 2k? lie lie.

Aba inner roads are terrible though.
last sunday.

If u travel anything from Tuesday to ds Monday and u pay 700?
Tell me which part of ph u stay ,let's know if am not even talking to Bot
I leave aba on Tuesday for rumuola in ph...i spent nothing less dan 2k
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Nollynwa1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Almost all the roads in Ota are death traps.. during rainy seasons, no where to place your leg.

Seriously this Government don't really care about the citizens
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by LadySarah: 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Healthquest:
last sunday.

If u travel anything from Tuesday to ds Monday and u pay 700?
Tell me which part of ph u stay ,let's know if am not even talking to Bot
I leave aba on Tuesday for rumuola in ph...i spent nothing less dan 2k

Woji junction Rumuogba and it was a very rainy day sef. but if you paid such amount that's pure extortion from them.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by christopher123(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Tunde835:
Wat do u mean by worst in Nigeria or hav u forgotten abia state

in Ogun state there are communities that bath once in 10 days and wash their clothes once in 6 months... I don't think Abia has that
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Tunde835:
Wat do u mean by worst in Nigeria or hav u forgotten abia state
Bro that title belongs to kogi.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
Healthquest:

Av been to both ,d only difference is dat Ota own no plenty as per d distance no reach Aba but grade of how bad it is are on d same level , Aba to port Harcourt dat use to b 400 /500 is now 2500/2000 due to bad road
Which Aba to PH is 2000?.
I traveled that route this year on public transport and I remember paying 700.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by milann: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nazgul:
They should fix ojuore/illogbo road...that road is an eyesore. Infact almost all the roads in Nigeria are eyesore
you stay in ota right?
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
otokx:
Is it a federal or state road?
I don't understand this federal and state road criteria. This is an excuse the government uses to abandon lots of roads across the country.
It's a road and should be fixed to enable a smoother transportation of humans and goods. Simple.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
LadySarah:

Woji junction Rumuogba and it was a very rainy day sef. but if you paid such amount that's pure extortion from them.
True, they extorted him. At most he should have paid 1000.
2k? Ah ah, na flight? grin
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by milann: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
theFilmtric:
Otta roads are the WORST Especially that Joju-Access college road! That's the worst road I've plied in my life angry I've fallen from keke napep like 3 times now And the deputy governor is from ota o! Seun can relate to this
theFilmtricsay
brings back memories. Nolstagic
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Omolomo4eva(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
Una never see anything! Aluta continua, Victoria acerta
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Tomilola360: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
That road na international road ooo. �

But na still junior broda to badagry expressway
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by hegelian: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
helinues:
The way I am disgusted with the people residing in Sango/Ota/Idi Iroko people heh.

Those people don't know whas is right or wrong cos if not, that same Sango road should have been fixed long time ago.

Ever since I missed two TOEFL exams due to the traffic in that axis,I stopped plying the road

if they talk tough now and defend immediate answer, na your kind go still come out to call them names...seyi soun elenu pelebe
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by aladesuyi(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
The roads to that axis is way too bad. The government needs to wake up to its responsibilities as I don't see any meaningful thing coming out of their assigning tax/duties returns to third/ party members who feed/live larger at the expense of government.

This should continue and if it should, please give it to corporate entity that can be percentage basis and not the present way of doing it. for example, the government gives the high way tax permit out at (x) and they end up collecting btw 6,000 - 25,000 not even considering the plight of the motorist that the road they are collecting tax for is way too bad.

IJOKO/AGBADO ROAD- NOT MOTORABLE

AGBADO/ OKE-ARO/ LAMBE/ AKUTE ROAD --- NOT MOTORABLE

AGBADO/ ADIYAN/ ORUDU ROAD --- NOT MOTORABLE

OKE-ARO/ MATOGUN ROAD----- NOT MOTORABLE

NOTE:
This roads can be a source of revenue to the government if it can do a PPP with the government providing cetain percentage and the private entity providing the balance with the aim of tolling for a certain period of time. Take for instance: AGBADO/ ADIYAN/ ORUDU ROAD if done can be linked to kara bridge which can be like the LCCI concession at LEKKI/AJAH ROAD and that of the LEKKI LINK BRIDGE.

Lets think out of the box and do the needful to make OGUN STATE the envy of other states in NIGERIA.
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Kakamorufu(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
long overdue. the road is an eyesore. ahn ahn
Re: #FixOtaRoads Protest In Sango Ota (Videos) by Nazgul: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
milann:
you stay in ota right?
Used to stay there before...but not anymore.

I still visit there though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biafra Protesters Throw Policemen In River-Niger, Kill One / Fayose New Flyover Spotted Been Repaired Less Than A Month After Commision(pics / Deployment Of Female Soldiers: Aisha Buhari Is Right - Edward Onoriode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.