Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,643 members, 7,908,662 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily (1018 Views)

1.4m Nigerian Youths To Be Recruited As Traffic Wardens / 13 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / Reasons Why Majority Of Nigerian Youths Are Unemployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily by hollyfield: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
It is quite worrisome these days to see the level of unemployment rising in our beloved country while there seem to be no end in sight. Granted,companies are limping and unemployment is on all time high for sixty years- world over. My concern however is that a lot of people are still getting employed everyday. So why are many complaining while others are changing jobs at will? It is very simple there are certain fundamental ingredients of job hunting that a lot of people do not possess, so you see problems such as:
poor scripting of CV
not knowing how to search for job appropriately
not knowing how to answer simple questions
poor projection of yourself as a brand
making fatal mistakes before the interview panel etc

You must know that as much as employers are looking to employ people they are also looking for how to eliminate a lot too. Sound funny doesnt it but that's true so you must learn to impress your potential employer in five seconds and make him want to call you again. So how do you do this?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily by dazz4me: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2011
Yeah, i quite agree with your points that one needs to be outstanding but the problem is if there is no job then there is no job. For example a company needs to employ just 2 people and they have 100 qualified canditdates. If they all perform well by displaying all those qualities you mentioned, will they employ all of them?
Re: Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily by neonet(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2011
Abi, you are right.they cant employ more than 2 na!
Re: Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily by hollyfield: 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
A very wonderful observation from Dazz4me but the issue again is, are there no jobs in the land? a recent survey did reveal there are over 60,000 jobs in the banking and telecommunication sectors not filled because a lot of young people do not have industry skills to fill them.
A lot of outfits are springing up today to help re-orientate young people on how to get jobs of their choices. The Ibukun Awosikas of this world are getting involved.
Point two, is there any company that have the capacity to employ everyone at the same time? the obvious answer is an emphatic no!
Point no three, let's look at the game of football, in every competition, be it the world cup or UEFA Champions league a lot of teams get involved knowing that only one winner will emerge.Shouldn't the the weak ones resign to fate knowing that they cant win but fact is everyone wants to win but what separates everyone is the stuff they are made of.
Let me tell you everyone cannot be employed because not everyone is employable.
Your concern should be if they want to employ one person why not me? that's why you are on forum like this to get ideas. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Youths Are Not Getting Employed Easily by ayoolapaul(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
My advice is to stop looking for job and start a business like fish farming.

(1) (Reply)

Job Alerts On Your Phone! / Need A Job, Internship Or Need Funds To Start Your Own Business? / Oracle Certified Dba Urgently Needed In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.