Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,227 members, 7,880,854 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:13 AM

Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd (59452 Views)

Lionel Messi's 10 Most Iconic Career Moments As Ranked By BBC Sports / Who Is Really Nigeria's Greatest Footballer? / Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by atonement12: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
paulolee:
nice list but dts what they think.....I think messi is supposed to be ontop of that list because to me he is ahead of pele..
his only fault was not winning a trophy with his country but even if he did, they would still find another way to criticize him and pls dt doesn't take anything away from our GOAT because no player came close to the agentine alien when he was at his peak days in europe not even Pele or cr7 because bk then, the media ran out of words to define him going by the countless magical nights he gave us each matchdays winning soo many big and hard matches on his own..
he made playing football look easy, made dribbling look like he is in his garden with his kids n made scoring goals looks unreal like PS game and also the awards and numbers he did shattered the records book and NO player in this generation can reach his mark in Spain or in Europe....YES I SAID SO...
Tell Argentinians that mess I is better than maradona, and watch them laugh at you to scorn.
Mess I couldn't replicate being a great club player and a great national team player, which Pele. Maradona, Ronaldo de Lima and most of the great players did.

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by atonement12: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2020
bastien:
The fact that Henry isn't in that list makes it uncomplete.

Messi
Ronaldo
Ronaldo
Pele
Henry
Tell Argentinians that messi is better than maradona, and watch them laugh at you to scorn.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Euegene100001: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
This one guy entertained us .He made watching football a lot of fun.
Tajbol4splend:

Those guys scored over 500 goals, are you kidding me?
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by atonement12: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
bencr7:
Am a ronaldo fan but messi is d best for me, becuz is not easy to be a good goal scorer, very good supporting striker and also a good mid-fielder that is d man called messi.
But for me my top 5 list is:
1)messi
2)C ronaldo
3)pele
4)maradona
5)Ronaldo de Lima or zidane
Tell Argentinians that mess I is better than maradona, and watch them laugh at you to scorn.
(
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by atonement12: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
OMOJOHN001:
You can SAVE a soul today, by checking up on any penaldo fans right now, they are in sifia pain and wailing mood.

Watch how they will tell you, playing in three different league is enough to make someone the greatest. TUEEEH.

MESSI IS THE GOAT, THE GOAT IS MESSI. MAY GOD HAVE MESSI ON THE GOAT FOREVER AND EVER, AMEN.
Tell Argentinians that messI is better than maradona, and watch them laugh at you to scorn.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Lamasta(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ronaldinho not on that list means it is incomplete
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

cheesy cheesy Complete idiotic boffun

Defend the fact I presented about which of them has more int'l goals? When you don't know what else to Bring up from that your Empty rotten organ of a brain, you start talking about facts.

I repeat you are 100% a GRAND FOOL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

Stupid Pendejo!

Bastard son of a puta mother!
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Just look at this Orangutan.

You're a descendant from a line of underdeveloped apes!
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Obierika(m): 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Thunder fire your LEFT BALL for there.
What do you know about football and Ronaldo for you to be spitting this Nonsense.
Ronaldo is the BEST FROM ALL RAMIFICATIONS Oga. Stop this your Childish blabbings.
SCALLYWAG.

See common motor park tout calling someone a scallywag.

You're a dirty stinking scumbag!

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by blackgold90(m): 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2020
id911:
We didn't actually see Pele play and so they might have deceived us he was good, maybe not. I quite agree with others but Ronaldo De Lima was an exceptional talent. He should have been higher up than that.

Fast forward to 2050
Some one will now say he didn't see messi playing therefore those he saw is better.

The 3 world cup win alone is enough to put Pele there.

2 Likes

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Saltzman00: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
Maobichek:
Have you watched Messi play for Argentine? the same Messi who plays for Argentine is the same for Barca, Can you compare Messi in Argentina and Messi in Barca? The difference is clear OK. In Barca, Iniesta and Xavier were the engine room, if you remember South Africa World Cup, Both of them were doing the magic and David Villa was scoring the goal, Spain took the cup home, Messi played that tournerment but was not seen. In Barca, Messi is seen by many but Iniesta and Xavier were not recognize but since they both left, look at Barca, last year Barca miraculously won Atlanta but against Bayern you knew what happened. Thank God Messi is still at Barca and we all can attest Messi performance now and let us watch him till the end of the season again. Do you want to talk about age? Bayern is still with last year squad and Muller is still playing and older than all Barca players. The major problem Barca has is that you guys saw Messi to be bigger than the entire Barca and Iniesta and Xavier efforts were nothing because Messi was there. Finally, Barca already have a strong team before Messi enter, thank you.
in your mind now...you understand football and youve made a point ba lol?...sentiments wont kill you all....
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Mivici: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
Glaswegian:

I’m an Arsenal fan but don’t let us carry this thing too far. Henry wont even make the list of Top 20 footballers ever.
you're not an Arsenal fan
Henry won't make top 20 but bosingwa malloda lampard Will Make right
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Ratedgang: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
Dansuqi:

For golf,its jack nicklaus
no doubt but few knew little of him. I’m a golfer off handicap 11 so I know what I’m saying.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
As a BARCA FAN & lover of soccer, I totally agree with this
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Techiekingee(m): 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
NigeriaB:
In all fairness, without sentiment, after Pele it should be CR7..

CR7 has both balloon D'Or and international trophies..

And if we are talking of just football skills in the field of play, Ronaldinho should even be above Messi
International trophies is not world cup
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Techiekingee(m): 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
CalvinGaye:

Common will you shut your Stupid mouth up.
What do you know about Ronaldo fans.
He is the BEST player of this generation and the next. Fool!
Oga shut up joor....wich Generation.....one of the bests...not best
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Techiekingee(m): 11:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
lekki1444:
here is the real list
1-PELE
2-RONALDO DE LIMA
3-MARADONA
4-RONALDINHO
5-MESSI
6-RONALDO CR7
7-ZENEDINE ZIDANE
8-JAYJAY OKOCHA
9-ROMARIO
10-ZICO
You were making sense until u added Okocha
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Techiekingee(m): 12:10am On Oct 28, 2020
Zidane199:
you called someone your GOAT and he as already lose form in his early 30s, u must be a comedian
Your goat that is in top form, please tell me when last he won a Balon dor, European golden boot, league top scorer or champions league top scorer?....yen yen yen..

FYI, Ronaldo last won a

Balon dor- 2017
European golden boot -2015
League top scorer- 2015
Champions League top scorer-2018....

But to your knowledge, he's in top form and Messi has lost all form.......the real comedian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Techiekingee(m): 12:35am On Oct 28, 2020
Maobichek:
Have you watched Messi play for Argentine? the same Messi who plays for Argentine is the same for Barca, Can you compare Messi in Argentina and Messi in Barca? The difference is clear OK. In Barca, Iniesta and Xavier were the engine room, if you remember South Africa World Cup, Both of them were doing the magic and David Villa was scoring the goal, Spain took the cup home, Messi played that tournerment but was not seen. In Barca, Messi is seen by many but Iniesta and Xavier were not recognize but since they both left, look at Barca, last year Barca miraculously won Atlanta but against Bayern you knew what happened. Thank God Messi is still at Barca and we all can attest Messi performance now and let us watch him till the end of the season again. Do you want to talk about age? Bayern is still with last year squad and Muller is still playing and older than all Barca players. The major problem Barca has is that you guys saw Messi to be bigger than the entire Barca and Iniesta and Xavier efforts were nothing because Messi was there. Finally, Barca already have a strong team before Messi enter, thank you.
Bro calm down, does this ur analogy also stand if Messi had won world cup 2014?.....Mind u, Messi was player of the tournament....where was the engine of Xavi and Iniesta in world cup 2014?

Also, in 2010 Xavi and Iniesta also played with arguably the greatest spanish striker in history....David Villa...so don't act as if Xavi and Iniesta played with a Mediocre forward...that spain squad comprised a lot of barca players and barca philosophy.....

No doubt Barcelona was a great team with Xavi and Iniesta...but it takes nothing away from Messi neither do we Barce fans take anything away from the duo of Xavi and Iniesta

Messi has always been a great player...with o without Xavi and Iniesta.... Individually, he stands out wherever he goes...this because, Messi keeps winning awards even with a dying Barcelona...two golden boots and a balon d'Or without Xavi nor Iniesta....

Also, mind you Mueller isn't as old as u think... He's 31 and Lewandowski is older...and FYI they are a young team...with only Lewa and Mueller older than 30 in their starting 11....plus of course Neuer...

Compare it to Barca's last season pique, Messi, busquets, Alba, Suarez, Vidal, Rakitic....all older than 30.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Maobichek: 3:28am On Oct 28, 2020
Techiekingee:

Bro calm down, does this ur analogy also stand if Messi had won world cup 2014?.....Mind u, Messi was player of the tournament....where was the engine of Xavi and Iniesta in world cup 2014?

Also, in 2010 Xavi and Iniesta also played with arguably the greatest spanish striker in history....David Villa...so don't act as if Xavi and Iniesta played with a Mediocre forward...that spain squad comprised a lot of barca players and barca philosophy.....

No doubt Barcelona was a great team with Xavi and Iniesta...but it takes nothing away from Messi neither do we Barce fans take anything away from the duo of Messi and Iniesta

Messi has always been a great player...with o without Xavi and Iniesta.... Individually, he stands out wherever he goes...this because, Messi keeps winning awards even with a dying Barcelona...two golden boots and a balon d'Or without Xavi nor Iniesta....
I didn't doubt Messi ability and I would never do, in the subject above, you sees Messi as the greatest and not Pele whom BBC, FIFA and proclaimed as the best. The question you didn't answer is, Messi in Barca and Messi in Argentina, which of the two do you prefer? I have no issue with Ronaldo because Messi is better than him but we are looking at Messi and Pele. World Cup is the highest football tournament and not UEFA Champions League nor any other league, Pele's statistics is 92 matches with 77 goal, with 3 World Cup trophy but Messi has played 140 times for Argentina and the thread showed his total goals and number of World Cup trophy won, thank you.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Maobichek: 3:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Saltzman00:
in your mind now...you understand football and youve made a point ba lol?...sentiments wont kill you all....
Dear, I'm not a Ronaldo fan and both FIFA, BBC and the world of football sees Pele as the greatest and not Messi based on World Cup ratings. The is no sentiment here because every footballer dream to play at the World Cup which is the highest tournament when football is mentioned. Messi is better than Ronaldo but Pele is ahead of Messi based on World Cup ratings, FIFA, BBC, thank you.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by anigbajumo(m): 5:33am On Oct 28, 2020
Maobichek:

No Barca can can will utter those gibberish u said bro, ever since Xavi and iniesta has gone, Messi has won ballod'or and FIFA best player, IPPS play maker award (only player to won it 4x) La Liga reach UCL semi final 2x... With a opponent turn deficit of 3goals overnight (is that Messi fault).

Messi has 20 assists last season with highest goal scorer in the league, literally carried the club all these while, Messi create more chances and has highest assist than both Xavi and iniesta combine, pls get your fact right before you argue pls.

Messi of Barca is the same of that Argentina.Take a look at their goal chart except Lautaro, Messi is the one that scored last 10 goals of Argentina. He is the country all time highest goal scorer, singlehandedly took the country to last world cup, even in 2014 reach the wold cup final and won the golden ball, wat else do u want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by OLUROCKS(m): 5:45am On Oct 28, 2020
these ones mumu I where's RONALDINHO
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by fattprince(m): 6:00am On Oct 28, 2020
whytediamond:
Maradona will not take it
Maradonna to me is the Greatest ever.

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by obonujoker(m): 6:25am On Oct 28, 2020
Shugargal:
Nice one bro, am just knowing that Pele didn't even win Championships league.. unbelievable though. it's just his World Cup wins that put him ahead of Messi, can you imagine even Ballondor he didn't win. ahhhh!

Try to read more bro on Pele. Don't mind these Messi propaganda boys...

Pele world cup is bigger than Messi or ronaldo champs league, even ronaldo has more champions league than Messi...

Also in Pele days ballondor was given only to Europeans, if re-adjusted, Pele has 7 legit ballondor, na the partiality ones of Messi

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by obonujoker(m): 6:28am On Oct 28, 2020
anigbajumo:

Nothing but lies, I took my time to watched his documentary bro... He is a very skillful player with a very fast dribbling ability and a good finisher which is same as Messi but he is not creative than Messi, can't dictate the game from midfield... Messi might not score a single goal in a match and still win man of the match award just with only mind-blowing final passes and how he control the game as playmaker, Messi is a goal scorer and a playmaker while pele is just a goal scorer.

You people have started again with your usual lies.... So Pele is not a playmaker too?

Well yes, Messi is the only playmaker in football history .. happy now?

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by obonujoker(m): 6:32am On Oct 28, 2020
Dansuqi:

For golf,its jack nicklaus

Jack nicklaus is below woods... Woods had more Fame and brought charisma to golf
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by obonujoker(m): 6:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Mivici:
you're not an Arsenal fan
Henry won't make top 20 but bosingwa malloda lampard Will Make right

Oga Henry won't make top 20.

Even in strikers lists of all time, I doubt he would make top 20 sef grin
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by obonujoker(m): 6:37am On Oct 28, 2020
anigbajumo:

No Barca can can will utter those gibberish u said bro, ever since Xavi and iniesta has gone, Messi has won ballod'or and FIFA best player, IPPS play maker award (only player to won it 4x) La Liga reach UCL semi final 2x... With a opponent turn deficit of 3goals overnight (is that Messi fault).

Messi has 20 assists last season with highest goal scorer in the league, literally carried the club all these while, Messi create more chances and has highest assist than both Xavi and iniesta combine, pls get your fact right before you argue pls.

Messi of Barca is the same of that Argentina.Take a look at their goal chart except Lautaro, Messi is the one that scored last 10 goals of Argentina. He is the country all time highest goal scorer, singlehandedly took the country to last world cup, even in 2014 reach the wold cup final and won the golden ball, wat else do u want

Maradona did everything Messi did, abd still won the world cup. Stop with the excuses please!

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by obonujoker(m): 6:40am On Oct 28, 2020
Techiekingee:

No doubt Barcelona was a great team with Xavi and Iniesta...but it takes nothing away from Messi neither do we Barce fans take anything away from the duo of Messi and Iniesta

Like he stands out for Argentina abi grin

1 Like

Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2020
Techiekingee:

Oga shut up joor....wich Generation.....one of the bests...not best

Who is this one

From what Pit were you uprooted from??

You Monkey! Don't let me start with you now.

He is and forever will remain THE BEST and of ALL GENERATIONS.
Re: Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Obierika:

See common motor park tout calling someone a scallywag.

You're a dirty stinking scumbag!

A hopeless Monkey uprooted from the deepest Pit of HELL you are.
You Hopeless Bastard son of a Baboon.
What do you know about my career to decipher I'm a motor park tout?
You Empty Witless GOATISH TROLL.
Useless Castrated Loafer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ / Emmanuel Emenike Builds Hospital For His People In His Home Town / ISIS Releases Macabre Image Of Messi & Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.