Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,123 members, 7,973,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:58 AM

Take Away The Stone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take Away The Stone (275 Views)

How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus / Women Need To Throw Away The Shackles Of Religion / I Was The Angel Who Rolled Away The Stone On Jesus' Tomb- Daniel Obinim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Away The Stone by ochibuogwu5: 11:16am On Oct 27, 2020
"Jesus said "take away the stone"...."
(John 11:39)

The stone for unbelievers is *unbelief in the gospel* caused by the flesh/self which we inherited in Adam's disobedience and the idols(pleasures/pains/sorrows/vengeance) of this world which has blinded the eyes/minds of unbelievers lest they see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (2 Cor.4:4)

The stone for believers is *our free-will* which is still the bases for our decisions, plans, pursuits, careers and engagements instead of submitting such premonitions from our mind to the *taste of God's perfect-will as it is contained in His eternal, irrevocable and living word* as revealed in the face of Jesus Christ teachings who alone pleased God throughout His mortal days on earth thus "....This is my beloved Son in whom, I am *well-pleased, listen(obey) to Him" (Matthew 3:17, Matthew 17:5)

At each point in time within this earthly life, we must make decisions. The future effects/consequences of such decisions will either give Glory to God and edify our humanity or give glory to the devil and bring regrets/pains/sorrows/mortal-death/depressions upon our humanity.

Even though some people who make such wrong decisions might be opportuned to repent and be saved before their mortal-death but they will not be able to engage in such gracious privilege previously intended for them to enjoy on earth by God before the full ecstasy of abiding eternally with God in Heaven.

This is why it is important that as a believer in Christ Jesus, you must desire to know how God speaks to you directly with full-assurance of the Holy Spirit(1 Thess.1:5) in such a way that even if your parents/pastors/priests/mentors/colleagues or even the whole world disagrees with you on such revealed truth from God, you will stand unshakable with faith in Christ who has promised because He will manifest His word at His own appointed time such that all those people will testify that it was indeed the living God who revealed that truth to you.

Father, we pray to obtain mercy from your throne of grace to submit our flesh and free-will(the stone/obstacle/stumbling-block from discerning and obeying your perfect-will per time for our individual lives) this day and every tick of second we spend in this mortal-body to the power of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection from death *which alone completely evacuates the flesh and controls our free-will to serve you acceptably with holiness and Godly fear per time* through the unlimited manifestations of your Holy Spirit Power in Jesus name. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Take Away The Stone by Collyno82(m): 11:19am On Oct 27, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
"Jesus said "take away the stone"...."
(John 11:39)

The stone for unbelievers is *unbelief in the gospel* caused by the flesh/self which we inherited in Adam's disobedience and the idols(pleasures/pains/sorrows/vengeance) of this world which has blinded the eyes/minds of unbelievers lest they see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (2 Cor.4:4)

The stone for believers is *our free-will* which is still the bases for our decisions, plans, pursuits, careers and engagements instead of submitting such premonitions from our mind to the *taste of God's perfect-will as it is contained in His eternal, irrevocable and living word* as revealed in the face of Jesus Christ teachings who alone pleased God throughout His mortal days on earth thus "....This is my beloved Son in whom, I am *well-pleased, listen(obey) to Him" (Matthew 3:17, Matthew 17:5)

At each point in time within this earthly life, we must make decisions. The future effects/consequences of such decisions will either give Glory to God and edify our humanity or give glory to the devil and bring regrets/pains/sorrows/mortal-death/depressions upon our humanity.

Even though some people who make such wrong decisions might be opportuned to repent and be saved before their mortal-death but they will not be able to engage in such gracious privilege previously intended for them to enjoy on earth by God before the full ecstasy of abiding eternally with God in Heaven.

This is why it is important that as a believer in Christ Jesus, you must desire to know how God speaks to you directly with full-assurance of the Holy Spirit(1 Thess.1:5) in such a way that even if your parents/pastors/priests/mentors/colleagues or even the whole world disagrees with you on such revealed truth from God, you will stand unshakable with faith in Christ who has promised because He will manifest His word at His own appointed time such that all those people will testify that it was indeed the living God who revealed that truth to you.

Father, we pray to obtain mercy from your throne of grace to submit our flesh and free-will(the stone/obstacle/stumbling-block from discerning and obeying your perfect-will per time for our individual lives) this day and every tick of second we spend in this mortal-body to the power of Jesus death on the Cross and His resurrection from death *which alone completely evacuates the flesh and controls our free-will to serve you acceptably with holiness and Godly fear per time* through the unlimited manifestations of your Holy Spirit Power in Jesus name. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
no controversy, Jesus is Lord

1 Like

Re: Take Away The Stone by ochibuogwu5: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Have you received a word from God to wait on Him for a marital-partner or a business-partner or a financial-sponsor or a human counsellor or any form of human support in your present situation ?

"But I hope and trust in the Lord Jesus soon to send Timothy to you, so that I may also be encouraged and cheered by learning news of you.

20 For I have no one like him [no one of so kindred a spirit] who will be so genuinely interested in your welfare and devoted to your interests.

21 For the others all seek [to advance] their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).

22 But Timothy’s tested worth you know, how as a son with his father he has toiled with me zealously in [serving and helping to advance] the good news (the Gospel).

23 I hope therefore to send him promptly, just as soon as I know how my case is going to turn out.

24 But [really] I am confident and fully trusting in the Lord that shortly I myself shall come to you also." (Phil.2:19-24 AMPC)
Re: Take Away The Stone by ochibuogwu5: 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
"Shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness (all that is virtuous and good, right living, conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed); [and aim at and pursue] faith, love, [and] peace (harmony and concord with others) in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart."
(2 Timothy 2: 22 AMPC)

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Woman Backs Popular Ghanaian Prophet In The Church. / Pastor Tunde Bakare Expose Deep Secret Why Tinubu Will Become President In 2023 / Dear All, My Name Is Tolu Ilori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.