Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,754 members, 7,892,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 09:40 PM

Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo (388 Views)

How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / How Can I Be Recruited Into The Nigerian Army Without Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by AutosBay(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2020
The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo disclosed the reason why the son of a poor man benefited from N-Power and other NSIP Programmes without knowing someone.
According to VP Osinbajo, the first problem was everybody wanted a slot. I resisted it. Why? If I do that, we will destroy the programmes because majority of Nigerians don't know people who will take the slots.”
“It was not that one was being purist, but if young people can't get the benefit except they know someone then we have failed the young people.”
“One day the President called me that he was listening to BBC Hausa Service and he heard two young men-beneficiaries of N-Power saying they didn't know anybody but were being paid the N30, 000 monthly stipends. The President said that is what shows we are making a difference.
“And everywhere we went during the 2019 campaigns, we had these young people organizing themselves coming out supporting us. “If people know they count, then they can trust us and they won't destroy because they have a stake. Otherwise, people will never trust us,’ he submitted, insisting that political leaders must make sacrifices in order to win the trust of the people,” he added.
Can we still say the same about the N-Power and NSIP Programmes? Now that the Programmes have a new management and 500,000 N-Power beneficiaries have been exited for new batch to be Enroll? Only time will tell.
Re: Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 11:05am On Oct 28, 2020
This is what the VP has been up to since, now it's taken another dimension. Talk and do is the key to trust. Let's PYO engage the youths on way to go because he really understands the youths
Re: Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Zeesugar(f): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2020
This is how things should be. You don't have to know someone somewhere to get what you are qualified for/rights.
I hope things continue like this in this country
Re: Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by ojokolax: 11:23am On Oct 28, 2020
Prof. Osinbajo said it all, we must move to a merit-based society if we are going to accelerate our growth as a nation. To think that it is starting with schemes designed to help the downtrodden of the society is very impressive.
Re: Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by okefrancis: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2020
The Npower programme was a transparent one and the Vp osinbajo did a lot of job on it
Re: Why The Youths Gained From N-power Without Connection - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Joylove2324(f): 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2020
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Job Title: Warehouse Assistant / N50,000 Special Festive Loan For Business Owners And Agro (apply Now) / Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.