Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,441 members, 7,964,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:02 PM

Copa America 2007 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Copa America 2007 (7157 Views)

2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Meet Venezuelan TV Girl Who Uses Her BREASTS To Predict Copa America Games / Copa America 2015 : Where To Watch Opening Ceremony Live? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Copa America 2007 by sage(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Jackal and Ruudie

HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED PIRLO BEFORE PLAY A LEAGUE GAME before

Have any of you guys watched Pirlo playing for Italy except in the world cup

Fifa and Uefa obviously rate him as the best visionary passer of the ball in the world. The best to have ever kicked a ball if you go by some accounts.

If you guys think you are better than FIfa and Uefa technical committes then undecided

B/4 you guyz can say anything about Pirlo, watch him in the League, then you will understand why people that Know him KNOW he is the best midfielder in the world and by a long distance
Re: Copa America 2007 by sage(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2007
It never seems to stop puzzling me on why people who watch west ham and wigan would make a comment on the premier playmaker of the premier club in world footballs recent history.

8 champions league final appearances in the last 18 years. Forza Milan, Forza Pirlo cheesy cheesy cheesy. Grazie Milan, Grazie Il capitano, Grazie Pirlo.

And as a side note

European league performances in the last 18 years in Champions league

Italian teams.  13 final appearances  shocked shocked shocked

Spanish teams  8  "    "

English teams   4

You guys need to stop kissing the premierships ass grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ sage,

you've got a point but i g'otta ask you too; have you watched Riquelme play ? this is a player who practically got his coach sacked in the world cup, you wouldn't say you didn't see that Oh and you're here tryna say he ain't worth his salt.

if Pirlo is so all that, he should go try out his hands in an average, middle-table european team and lets see how much transformation he brings to 'em!
Riquelme was a major catalyst in bringing Villareal to the limelight in European football; that's the k'inda player he is . . . he doesn't just take the back seat, he's the team leader, motivator . . . when he's down the team's down - when he's up and running, the teams' smoking. can you say the same for Pirlo ? thats the difference and thats what makes one better than the other - a player like Riquelme is in the class of the legendary Maradona, Pirlo isn't!
Re: Copa America 2007 by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Sage and Kitaun, May God Bless you I am so tired of these new people who started watching football last year do you know that Riquelme was bought to Barca and flopped badly in 2001. Together with Saviola Giovani and they flopped badly.

Riquelme in the class of Maradona? What Blasphemy because the guy shine among kindergarten players they are comparing him with Maradona then you should compare Zidane, Figo and Pele to gods or what.

In Europe what has Riquelme won before?

I like Riquelme but the way you guys talk about him just makes me feel irritated he is shining in COPA America because the big boys did not come if Kaka, or Ronaldinho had been there you wouldnt have seen any Ri not to talk of quelme
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2007
If you guys know Riquelme well you won't be talking like this, first of all the reason why Riquelme was a flop in Barca was because he was treated with indifference by Louis van Gaal who was coach at the time and didn't like him from the word go referring to him as a "political signing", misplacing him by giving him a winger's role. But comparing Riquelme to maradona is wrong, Riquelme's weakness in my own opinion is mobility or lets say in a midfield where you have a very good defensive midfielder say Gattuso for instance no way Riquelme will function. Pirlo best midfielder in the world shocked, plssssssss.
Re: Copa America 2007 by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2007
Dinozzio,
I have always followed Riquelme from Boca to Barca to Villareal( I was looking out for Sonny Anderson on that day when I saw a familiar face wearing number 8 jersey with the name Roman that was 2003) back to Villareal and now Boca.

Riquelme is a nice player with precise and incisive passes, blistering free kick and a brain. But he is the most sluggish footballer I have ever seen he bring football to walking pace. All in all he is a good midfielder, miles better than Ortega who plays like an immature player diving and dribbling unnnecesarily. not as talented as Aimar but more effective than Aimar.

Riquelme should try and live up to the great games
Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2007
Riquelme has done everything possible to make football beautiful.
He set the world cup tournament ablaze by making Argentina the most entertaining team in the competition.
His assists and passes created goals and chances times without number during the world cup.
Argentina Vs Serbia was a good advert to promote soccer for the anti-soccer pundits out there.

I find it rather bizarre when people talk about what a player has won when we are talking talents.
Andrea Pirlo has won more than Riquelme because Pirlo plays for a big European team.
Playing Pirlo or not . . . . . . . .  AC Milan will still win matches.
The absence of Riquelme in any team will bring chaos and anarchy to the team.
Riquelme was substituted against Germany at the world cup and Argentina fell like a pack of cards.
This lad might be slow but he wields INFLUENCE, GOOD VISION and he's IMPERIOUS.
He is the only PLAYER in the world that will BOSS the midfield in any match whether his team plays well or not.
To all y'all Pirlo cock-suckaz, Let Pirlo play for Villareal and lets see how talented he is . . . . . . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Q0Y-z7QIY
Pirlo should take lessons from this dude!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2007
to all 'em folks who think Riquelme ain't worth all the hype, just take a l'il trip down the football archives and watch the 2nd leg 1/4-final match of the 2005/06 champs ligue between Villareal and Inter.
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2007
Copa America scores - Brazil in Final after shaky start . . . beat Uruguay in 1st semi-final match early Wednesday morning 5-4 on penalties 2-2 AET.
Diego Forlan scored in the game but missed the first Uruguayan spot kick; Baptista scored in the game but didn't partake in the spot-kicks. . . Gilberto scored from the spot too.

Recoba was inspirational all thru the game; very dangerous set-piece play by him - Brazil far from convincing.

Early thursday morning, 2nd semi-final : Mexico vs Argentina (1:50 uk time)

look out for:
N. Castillo (Mex) - 4 goals
R. Riquelme (Arg) - 4 goals
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2007
Argentina 3 -0  Mexico

Mexicans played better in the first half, rattled the bar twice and no more . . . Argentines were always 2 levels above 'em.

Heinze got the first from a well delivered Riquelme free-kick flighted to the far-post . . . Messi got the goal of the game and arguably, the competition with a delightful chip over the Mexican goalie and Riquelme rounded off the game by converting a late spot-kick after Tevez was up-ended.

Arg vs Bra - the final evryone except Brazil wanted  grin
Re: Copa America 2007 by jejelolatu(f): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2007
argentina oooooooooooooooooooo,

b4 i could only say t but now umhhhhhhhhhhh

they are looking so gud i cant help shouting.
Re: Copa America 2007 by A40(m): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2007
angry WHY DO THEY KEEP PAIRING ARGENTINA WITH MEJICO ITS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS HOW SICK IS THIS

I give the tournament to Brazil
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2007
maybe with Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Lucio, Dida and Edmilson they'd have a chance but . . . . . Argentina have so many beefs to fry here and they're not g'onna take their eyes off this one for anything plus that squad is just out of this world ! no wonder the Mexican coach just couldn't shout after the match . . .
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2007
Heinze putting the ball in the net for the first goal grin

Re: Copa America 2007 by jejelolatu(f): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2007
yes ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

thats just the way e go everly be!!!!

argentina,
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2007
El maestro del centrocampo, Riquelme!!!

Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2007
Classic GOAL from Messi.

Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2007
Riquelme celebrating his goal. Brazil stands between Argentina and the cup

Re: Copa America 2007 by A40(m): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2007
Brazil have a mental edge over Argentina lol, you guys will see it on game day,

You guys comparing Riquelme to Maradona must have gone whoops upside your head thats Ludacris
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2007
A-40:

You guys comparing Riquelme to Maradona must have gone whoops upside your head thats Ludacris

LIKENING would be a more succint descript my boy !

what mental edge if i may ask
Re: Copa America 2007 by kitaun(m): 12:53am On Jul 14, 2007
even LIKENING does sound too much an insult!!!
Re: Copa America 2007 by Mustay(m): 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2007
[size=58pt]brazil[/size]
Re: Copa America 2007 by Mustay(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2007
l

Re: Copa America 2007 by Jackal(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2007
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baptista scores.
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2007
no be 1.00am shocked
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2007
Brazil leads 2-0
A-40:

Brazil have a mental edge over Argentina lol, you guys will see it on game day,
I now see what you meant.
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2007
Ain't over till its over man. . .
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2007
deja vu confederations cup 2005
Re: Copa America 2007 by Mustay(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2007
my my brazil
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2007
Curtainz. . .
Re: Copa America 2007 by dinozzo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2007
well well well its 3-0, what a day. First Naija now Argentina.
Re: Copa America 2007 by RuuDie(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2007
Brazil came with a game-plan & played it out 2 perfection with a good measure of luck.
All in all, they totally dservd it. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Road to World Cup 2010 / Football Jackets Authentic And Grade A / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Juventus 1 – 3 Barcelona [champions League Final] Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.