Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,860 members, 7,952,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (991 Views)

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Advise: My Girlfriend Is Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2020
Re: . by ouzo1(m): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2020
As her Mama phone no connect when she call, why she no call you?.

my advice be say wetin don be don be, make she take am like that..Tell her to pick the guy call joor, how she go waste the guy mama soup still dey avoid him calls.
Re: . by mutter(f): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2020
She certainly is overreacting.
Even the boys mother will gladly teach her how to cook.
It is no secret that many ladies these days cannot cook.
Nothing to be embarrassed about please.
She did nothing wrong.
We all have different skills and some we can aquire.
Even at that some women will always cook better than others.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 29, 2020
mutter:
She certainly is overreacting.
Even the boys mother will gladly teach her how to cook.
It is no secret that many ladies these days cannot cook.
Nothing to be embarrassed about please.
She did nothing wrong.
We all have different skills and some we can aquire.
Even at that some women will always cook better than others.
Thanks,i have told her this as well but she's so ashamed
Re: . by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Dear Zzor,

I want to say that you're Indeed a good friend for trying to help her..... But I want to ask some questions...

-Was your friend raised in one of the European's countries?

-When her mother was cooking for the family, was she too busy to learn?

The truth is, your friend is never ready to learn no matter the help she receives from her potential mother-in-law... What she couldn't learn from her mother, I don't think she can learn it at this stage.

Walking away even made matters worse, I see it as being disrespectful...

Marriage is not just about your beautiful face, round buttocks and pointed breast

I wish her well as she seek to correct some of her flaws.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 29, 2020
JidennaJason:
smiley
say something please
Re: . by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Gosh how can a fine girl don't know how to cook . I can't marry such a girl especially she's not willing to learn. Probably she's leaning on house help after marriage.

Two things, 1. When your friend is going to the house next she should dress responsible.

2. she goan apologize to the family, tell them your her reason she don't know how to cook. And promise them she will make it up after her catering class. The mom probably like her for a first time comer should join her in the kitchen that explain all. She should settle with the guy.
Re: . by Slimgold2019: 6:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Her not being able to cook is not enough reason to stop the relationship.There is always room for learning,adjustment and improvement once there is love,perseverance and understanding.She should go back and apologise to her intending in-laws.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 29, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Gosh how can a fine girl don't know how to cook . I can't marry such a girl especially she's not willing to learn. Probably she's leaning on house help after marriage.

Two things, 1. When your friend is going to the house next she should dress responsible.

2. she goan apologize to the family, tell them your her reason she don't know how to cook. And promise them she will make it up after her catering class. The mom probably like her for a first time comer should join her in the kitchen that explain all. She should settle with the guy.
You already condemned her,she has other good qualities and her bad cooking skills was as a result of her upbringing,she realized lately that she was overpampered especially her dad,but she's really trying to change and learn,she has started attending a catering school
Re: . by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2020
Slimgold2019:
Her not being able to cook is not enough reason to stop the relationship.There is always room for learning,adjustment and improvement once there is love,perseverance and understanding.She should go back and apologise to her intending in-laws.
She knows this quite well but the shame is too much
Re: . by cenaman(m): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2020
Sister na you no lie.

Re: . by ITbomb(m): 7:04am On Oct 29, 2020
My kind of guy will call you and we laugh about it while looking for ways to improve.
My kind of mum, when she realise that she is willing to learn will call her for a heart to heart

In this present world, not knowing something is immaterial, what matters is that you are willing for learn.

Go back to the guy, talk about your shortcomings and how you intend to handle it and if possible how you want your partner to support you (not just financially, mostly emotionally)
Re: . by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 29, 2020
She should go back and apologize to the guy and his mom.

After apologising, she should tell them she doesn't know how to cook, but she's willing to learn.

She should always dress responsibly.

She should be in good talking terms with the guy's sister.
Re: . by duduade: 7:05am On Oct 29, 2020
If her mind is not there then free her.. Which one is shame again in this matter..

Obviously her mind isn't with him again.. Is she going to live with him or his family when they marry

Abet if she wan waka make she go..

Next suitor s family house she will perform better since you said she s already attending a catering school

My two cents
Re: . by EmptyGarden(m): 7:20am On Oct 29, 2020
I stopped at "and she doesn't have cooking skills"... Madam go learn how to cook first before you look for husband. Na your type dey enslave men.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 29, 2020
EmptyGarden:
I stopped at "and she doesn't have cooking skills"... Madam go learn how to cook first before you look for husband. Na your type dey enslave men.
my friend is not the type that enslave men,but she has started learning
Re: . by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 29, 2020
duduade:
If her mind is not there then free her.. Which one is shame again in this matter..

Obviously her mind isn't with him again.. Is she going to live with him or his family when they marry

Abet if she wan waka make she go..

Next suitor s family house she will perform better since you said she s already attending a catering school

My two cents
You don't just marry a man alone,you marry his family as well,so family opinions are important too
Re: . by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2020
Slimgold2019:
How would she apologize? hmm
Re: . by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2020
cenaman:
Sister na you no lie.
no
Re: . by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2020
JidennaJason:
Dear Zzor,

I want to say that you're Indeed a good friend for trying to help her..... But I want to ask some questions...

-Was your friend raised in one of the European's countries?

-When her mother was cooking for the family, was she too busy to learn?

The truth is, your friend is never ready to learn no matter the help she receives from her potential mother-in-law... What she couldn't learn from her mother, I don't think she can learn it at this stage.

Walking away even made matters worse, I see it as being disrespectful...

Marriage is not just about your beautiful face, round buttocks and pointed breast

I wish her well as she seek to correct some of her flaws.
she wasn't raised in an European country,she grew up in an environment where virtually everything is done by some househelps but she's good at doing cores but not too good with the kitchen
Re: . by Enceladus(m): 7:39am On Oct 29, 2020
Campaign after election. These set of ladies our elders are raising like this So she wants to marry and she no sabi cook? Junk food mama? She is not taking any thing too hard IMO. She should also make out with the guys family exp the mum. Pretty sure the mom would be glad to know about the steps she has taken.
Re: . by EmptyGarden(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Zzor:
my friend is not the type that enslave men,but she has started learning
This your reply sweet me. Meanwhile, forget this "my friend" gist, we know say na you.
On the matter at hand; Marriage is not a joke, as ladies of nowadays think it is. That's why they rush out as quickly as they rush in. Don't listen to "you're not getting married to the family" because truthfully, you are. You were setup, though you may have messed up, but you can always make amends. There's no shame in admitting a flaw or learning. Go back to them, apologise, and be patient with them, as I hope they'll be with you too. Nothing don spoil yet.
Re: . by crackhaus: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2020
It is unbelievable that such an extreme case of combined silliness can be found in just one person.

The same girl who visited her future MILs house for the first time with crazy dressing, also entered their kitchen and transformed food into poison.
And to add salt (pun intended) to injury, this same poorly brought-up specimen of a woman then disappears from the house without bidding farewell to her hosts – like a thief in the night.

Lacks courtesy.
Lacks character..
Completely self-absorbed...

To crown it all, she is still avoiding calls from her bf on top of her own fück up... probably trying to play the typical 'innocent victim' script to garner some pity.

And to think that guy is begging her, is what I don't understand. He's probably the type who can get carried away by beauty and big yansh when every other attribute is zero.

If she really wants to change and be a better woman, she should start by going to apologize to that guy's mother PERSONALLY over her disrespect and lack of courtesy. Although I feel this might be a little too late as most Nigerian mothers only need to meet a girl once to form lasting opinions about them.

The good thing about apologizing is she would have done right by her self, and maybe improved her chances of being accepted back into that home as a possible "future" DIL.
At least she didn't burn down the house when she was left in the kitchen, that should count for something.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by duduade: 8:36am On Oct 29, 2020
Zzor:
You don't just marry a man alone,you marry his family as well,so family opinions are important too

See all the scolding I just read up there..

Reason I said the OP should leave her to make her choice... If she is backing out because of what she isn't sure of yet then he should let her be..

Hopefully she won't mess up anymore with the next guy s family.. As she would be more confident in the kitchen by then..

It's better to just start on a clean NOTE
Re: . by makanjuola66359: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2020
crackhaus:
It is unbelievable that such an extreme case of combined silliness can be found in just one person.

The same girl who visited her future MILs house for the first time with crazy dressing, also entered their kitchen and transformed food into poison.
And to add salt (pun intended) to injury, this same poorly brought-up specimen of a woman then disappears from the house without bidding farewell to her hosts – like a thief in the night.

Lacks courtesy.
Lacks character..
Completely self-absorbed...

To crown it all, she is still avoiding calls from her bf on top of her own fück up... probably trying to play the typical 'innocent victim' script to garner some pity.

And to think that guy is begging her, is what I don't understand. He's probably the type who can get carried away by beauty and big yansh when every other attribute is zero.

If she really wants to change and be a better woman, she should start by going to apologize to that guy's mother PERSONALLY over her disrespect and lack of courtesy. Although I feel this might be a little too late as most Nigerian mothers only need to meet a girl once to form lasting opinions about them.

The good thing about apologizing is she would have done right by her self, and maybe improved her chances of being accepted back into that home as a possible "future" DIL.
At least she didn't burn down the house when she was left in the kitchen, that should count for something.
I have removed the topic to avoid further bashing from people like you ,dont condemn my friend,she has other good qualities and this alone is not enough to write her off.She will apologize but that will be over the phone because of the shame.Nobody is perfect and like I wrote,she has started learning at a catering school already.Will you condemn her like this if she were your sister?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2020
Enceladus:
Campaign after election. These set of ladies our elders are raising like this So she wants to marry and she no sabi cook? Junk food mama? She is not taking any thing too hard IMO. She should also make out with the guys family exp the mum. Pretty sure the mom would be glad to know about the steps she has taken.
The mom already called her but she was afraid to pick but she sent a message across apologising and she understands that she's sorry and sober but shame won't let her go there to apologize
Re: . by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2020
Thank God nobody quoted the whole post.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2020
EmptyGarden:

This your reply sweet me. Meanwhile, forget this "my friend" gist, we know say na you.
On the matter at hand; Marriage is not a joke, as ladies of nowadays think it is. That's why they rush out as quickly as they rush in. Don't listen to "you're not getting married to the family" because truthfully, you are. You were setup, though you may have messed up, but you can always make amends. There's no shame in admitting a flaw or learning. Go back to them, apologise, and be patient with them, as I hope they'll be with you too. Nothing don spoil yet.
you are right,i think it was a set up,but if that's what it is,isnt that rudeness from the guy too,i mean who sets her supposed girlfriend to be up?who does that?isnt he supposed to hide her flaws for her till it's been corrected
Re: . by crackhaus: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2020
Zzor:
I have removed the topic to avoid further bashing from people like you ,dont condemn my friend,she has other good qualities and this alone is not enough to write her off.She will apologize but that will be over the phone because of the shame.Nobody is perfect and like I wrote,she has started learning at a catering school already. Will you condemn her like this if she were your sister?
God forbid I have a sister like her, I will beat the questionable character out myself...

And she's the one writing herself off, no one else.
First by escaping – because a sinner runneth when no one purshueth... then secondly, by continuously avoiding them and their efforts to resolve the issue.

3 Likes

Re: . by Vanzcharles(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Zzor:
you are right,i think it was a set up,but if that's what it is,isnt that rudeness from the guy too,i mean who sets her supposed girlfriend to be up?who does that?isnt he supposed to hide her flaws for her till it's been corrected

If she can't cook, she can learn. Its not that hard cooking is easy.
Unless your friend doesn't want to learn.
As for the character okay. Bad characters can hardly be unlearnt. If she has a good character like u said, let the guy be patient.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice This Young Lady Getting Married Soon / Solar Panels Review / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.