Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,677 members, 7,965,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:27 PM

Bitterness, Anger In Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bitterness, Anger In Marriage (627 Views)

My Ex- Girlfriend Harbours Bitterness Towards Me. / WHY SO MUCH HATE AND BITTERNESS IN HERE. WHY? / A Lady's Reply To A Guy Who Asked For Her Hand In Marriage On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by ReadtoLead: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2020
Someone recently shared a story with me, on how a woman talked about the bitterness growing in her heart towards her husband and how she feels she could kill him if pushed. She said her feelings are more dangerous than the venom of a snake. Well, I don’t believe she’s alone in these feelings because of the recent increase in spousal killing.

Bitterness is like a small crack in the windshield of your relationship. It might look insignificant on the surface, but left alone it branches out and continues to split until the glass shatters into a million pieces. So let’s look at this

Bitterness comes when you hold onto hurt and refuse to forgive the person who hurt you. Most of the time, this comes as a result of ongoing actions that had been complained about—lack of understanding or display of affec, misuse of finances or poor financial decisions repeatedly, using harsh words on you, letting you down repeatedly, unconcerned with your feelings…again, remained distant towards you…again, checked out on his/her role of a parent- that build up over time. Each offense takes residence in the heart, and at some point there is no more room left. That’s when bitterness is manifested and causes the most damage.”

How to Spot Bitterness
Are you constantly disappointed in your spouse?
Frustrated with him or her?
Cold and closed off towards him or her?
Short, snappy, and nasty?

How to Be Set Free from Bitterness
Are you bitter about something hurtful your spouse has done over and over again in your relationship? Well, it is important for your spouse to hear you, see the error of their ways, ask for forgiveness for the part they played in hurting you, and then make a change in how they handle it in the future. But hear me on this—your spouse cannot take away your bitterness. Only you can address that.

Here are 4 things you can do to set free your bitterness
1. Communicate your hurts to your spouse.
Your spouse can’t read your mind. And though you may be convinced that your hurt is obvious, there’s a chance your spouse is unaware of the way they’ve hurt you. So rather than emotionally shut down or give up on a change, choose to not distance yourself. One of the strongholds of bitterness is the secrecy of it. Once you voice your concerns, they can be addressed.

2. Approach your spouse with love.
While communicating your hurts to your spouse is important, it’s even more important that your motive for the conversation is to renew the love in your marriage. So keep focused on how you’re hurting. Address how you feel; don’t accuse your spouse. Accusation won’t get you very far. Also, be quick to own up to your mistakes and be ready to share in the exchange of apologies. Because the truth is that while bitterness may be evoked by your spouse, it is still your responsibility to let go of it.

3. Forgive your spouse and ask for forgiveness.
Seek peace with your spouse and have the grace to forgive. Giving forgiveness is critical. Also, you may not realize it, but you need to be forgiven as much as you need to forgive... For complete story https://aditherapyhub.com/bitterness-anger-in-marriage/

Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2020
My ask is that is that singles watch out for all these before marriage
We want to marry making many to settle. Ease advise yourself and RUN wen the other cannot forgive, let's things go, anger, cannot be corrected, their money and way no pure, drink like a fish and smoke up a chimney and most of all, hate GOD with passion( they won't tell u but the mannerisms makes it glaring)
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2020
Why won't she be bitter with this kind of Nigerian men that doesn't believe in assisting their women with house chores,very spoilt men we have these days.I think there should be a movement on mothers training their sons to be relevant in the home front.

1 Like

Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Camelot65: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2020
Being single is one of the happiest decision you'd ever make

1 Like

Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 11:41am On Oct 29, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
My ask is that is that singles watch out for all these before marriage
We want to marry making many to settle. Ease advise yourself and RUN wen the other cannot forgive, let's things go, anger, cannot be corrected, their money and way no pure, drink like a fish and smoke up a chimney and most of all, hate GOD with passion( they won't tell u but the mannerisms makes it glaring)
so what happens when the person you vouch was a forgiving person now says he/she does not forgive because of a simple thing as small as a toothpaste
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2020
Camelot65:
Being single is one of the happiest decision you'd ever make
a tually it is one of the most worst decision to make
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2020
no 3
hmmm
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Camelot65: 11:45am On Oct 29, 2020
baralatie:

a tually it is one of the most worst decision to make
Lol...... And getting married is the best??
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2020
Camelot65:
Lol...... And getting married is the best??
and being single with no love is horrible?
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Camelot65: 11:48am On Oct 29, 2020
baralatie:

and being single with no love is horrible?
Why's staying single the worst decision to make to you??
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2020
Camelot65:
Why's staying single the worst decision to make to you??
And God said it is not good for man to be alone.i will make a helper good for him.

This na Baa God talk am o
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:53am On Oct 29, 2020
baralatie:

so what happens when the person you vouch was a forgiving person now says he/she does not forgive because of a simple thing as small as a toothpaste
then U are a terrible judge of character
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Camelot65: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2020
baralatie:

And God said it is not good for man to be alone.i will make a helper good for him.

This na Baa God talk am o
In same Bible, Read 1st Corinthians 7:7-8

Marriage is not for everyone, I don't want no helper cheesycheesy i fit work by myself

if not for legal sex and legal children( for religious folks) , most people won't get married smileysmiley
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Lightangel65: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
Zzor:
Why won't she be bitter with this kind of Nigerian men that doesn't believe in assisting their women with house chores,very spoilt men we have these days.I think there should be a movement on mothers training their sons to be relevant in the home front.

So killing him and cutting his dick off is justified bloody killer you would end in hell same with all muslim jihadists and feminists
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
Camelot65:
In same Bible, Read 1st Corinthians 7:7-8

Marriage is not for everyone, I don't want no helper cheesycheesy i fit work by myself

if not for legal sex and legal children( for religious folks) , most people won't get married smileysmiley
What Paul wrote to the church of Corinthians is
a:for the married

b:to the unmarried[ divorced,widowed and aged]

c.Virgins and Eunuchs

to the unmarried he said they should remain as he is ad he qualified these categories as those who will never engage in any form of sexual intercourse for no matter the reason.their focus is to God Almighty alone.

but if they cannot hold the sexual desires and fantasies under control (rather than to masturbate] they should go and marry
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
then U are a terrible judge of character
Congratulations to your ability!
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Tmat(f): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
I think bitterness comes also when the expectation of the other is so high. From my little experience, i started getting bitter towards my spouse at the early stage of my marriage. I knew the problem was from me and my high list expectation (trust me, he is a very calm, helpful and understanding man) but from little mistakes that i probably feel shouldnt occur cos of my background. I took a conscious effort in making myself realize I might have not been meeting up to expectations too. Things got better when i began speaking about every of my feelings, vice versa. Thank God.
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by Camelot65: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
baralatie:

What Paul wrote to the church of Corinthians is
a:for the married

b:to the unmarried[ divorced,widowed and aged]

c.Virgins and Eunuchs

to the unmarried he said they should remain as he is ad he qualified these categories as those who will never engage in any form of sexual intercourse for no matter the reason.their focus is to God Almighty alone.

but if they cannot hold the sexual desires and fantasies under control (rather than to masturbate] they should go and marry
LMAO....... The truth is that, not everyone is ready to stay committed or married all their lives
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by kufreabasi86191: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
: Lol...... And getting married is the best?? and being single with no love is horrible?
Re: Bitterness, Anger In Marriage by baralatie(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
Camelot65:
LMAO....... The truth is that, not everyone is ready to stay committed or married all their lives
funny!
You don have the keys to the truth about if a man or a woman wants to be unloved in this life

(1) (Reply)

Should This Be Normalized? / Women Are Scarce (A Known Fact.) / My Boyfriend Cheat On Me I Must Share His Nudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.