Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,540 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death (30415 Views)

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by naijadrivablog: 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Midas01:
Even before reading this I knew the husband had to be igbo.

Sincerely, igbos need to do away with the culture of depriving their late brother/son's wife of her right to his property.

Stop setting your eyes on things that are not yours, work for your own.

I have never heard of such case in my tribe. It doesn't happen. Your brother's property is for his wife and children.

Advice to women : Pls, if a man deprives you of your right to work and earn your own money, DO NOT HEED TO IT. If you must heed to it then he should pay you monthly salary.

Never ever live your life at the mercy of someone else wether you're married or not.

I like your comment but it isn't Igbos alone.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by louken(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Guyman02:

I may agree with your points but she said they were legally married in a court.
You are right. She should, therefore, proceed to court with her evidence if she is sure of what she is saying
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Mrscarter(f): 5:54am On Oct 31, 2020
loveth360:
But why are you yorubas not talking about a wife leaving her husband when he fall sick.

Is she a good wife?

She's not a gud wife if she left while he was really sick but nobody knows the circumstances. Maybe he wasn't that sick when she left, maybe they had reasons n he encouraged her to go n maybe he got really sick after she left. She did say she tried visiting him n tried to view his body n tried going to the funeral n was stopped.
Either way no one knows the real truth.
If he was sick n she left him alone then she don't deserve anything I agree on that but the kids should still inherit cos I'm sure the father would have loved his kids n not want them to suffer n I'm sure he'd not be happy his own brother n sister took everything from his kids, their own blood
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Mrscarter(f): 5:55am On Oct 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
Honestly, I really pitied the helpless woman.

Yeah when you're grieving is bad enuff but to be booted outta your home with only your clothes is really bad n straight away at that. It's heartless
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by stonemasonn: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2020
loveth360:
Yoruba and wickedness.

You abandoned your husband when he was sick,now you want to come and claim property.

Truth is her Children deserved
to inherit their father properties,because what am seeing from this story is a typical yoruba gold digger who run away but want to come inherit property.

But why is she crying i thought yorubas also give landed properties to their women,Or is it their normal lying way.
what are you saying?
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Cantonese: 8:31am On Oct 31, 2020
bukatyne:

You are missing a key point.

The husband's properties is not the family's to share or give as a reward to a good wife.

It is her entitlement and vice versa.

Should a woman have a good relationship with her in-laws? Yes!

If she was bad to her in-laws, then they can withdraw their support when she needs it.

To however seize her husband's properties because she is 'bad'?

Mbannu.

You are right with your comment about entitlements and properties. I've always held the view that properties left behind are without doubts meant for the immediate family.

My contention is the relationship with the man's siblings. Granted that there are siblings that are very greedy, cannot be pacified and never liking the woman; be that as it may women must strive to make good friendships with their inlaws.

Next also is the tribal sentiments. It is very infortunate that such things are hypocritically attributed to the Igbos alone. Why do people prepare wills? Are wills only made by people of a particular tribe, race or religion? Wills are prepared all over the world by people to avoid family battles and crisis like this. It transcends race, color, creed or religion. In the event that there is no will there may be some confusion if the relationship is non existent.

People seem to have unnecessary bitterness against the Igbos. I know only the uninformed who thrive on hearsay come on a platform like this to exhibit their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Cantonese: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
You lied, the whole worlds knows that it is only Igbos that extended families drag properties with nuclear families. Don't try to cover-up, you people should change your ways.

But you have failed to mention your part of Delta state. Maybe you are an Urhobo, Itsekiri or Isoko person. I deliberately set aside the Ukwuanis, Aniomas and Ikas because I know by perception that you are not from there. Let us know and I can tell you how wicked your people can be in such matters, with examples.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by stonemasonn: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

You are intelligent.

A woman whose sick husband was taken away for treatment without her knowledge until the husband died.

A woman that did not take part in her husband's burial

These are signs they were not in good terms till he died or she abandoned the man and was staying with her family in Ondo.

Why didn't she raise alarm if her husband was abducted? Why didn't she raise alarm if she was denied to partake in her husband's burial?

Why is it now after the coast is clear, and she wants property that we are hearing this?

I won't judge until I hear from the other side. The imo story opened my eyes.
then they should take the 5 children along. You guys are pathetic.
If there are issues with the wife the properties should be shared and each child given his share.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by eyinjuege: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2020
Cantonese:

Reading through her petition, can you not safely say that she was aware of her husband's health condition while she was away? She said "my husband had been taken away to an unknown location, because he had a crisis". Assumimg the crisis developed while she was in Ondo state, what did she do?

Truly no good woman fails to ensure the well being of her husband, but in this case I can safely say there was an existing feud.

Do you know that chronic ulcer is a very dangerous medical condition that needs serious attention?

Women are known to label their husband's families bad names when such things happen.

A woman pregnant with twins going to her mother's place only does that due to health challenges, to receive better help and care her husband cannot give her. Pregnancy is a stressful time and twin pregnancy is 3x more stressful on anyone.
They've been married 15years and probably still quaffing steadily to be able to get pregnant with twins meaning their relationship wasn't bad.
I'm sure she left with the permission of her husband.
He developed a crises while she was away , and remember he's been managing his ulcer for 15 years too, so not a stranger to it. How could she have known she would never see him again?
Was she healthy enough to travel all the way from her mother's place probably carrying advanced twin pregnancy to come and look after him when she herself is being looked after?
Most airlines stop carrying pregnant women from 32 weeks. Does it mean she will do a 7-12 hours journey by road while heavily pregnant to come and look after her husband when he could have gone to a hospital nearby?
Why did his family not take him to a hospital? Where did they take him to?
You cannot say she abandoned her husband when he was sick, because she didn't. That would be unfair, becasue she was also not in the best state of health either. Her mother was looking after her, remember that. Women who go to their parents or parents in laws houses when pregnant do so for a good reason, and not because they want to abandon their spouses. Usually the men are even relieved because they can face their work squarely when they're not the ones looking after their pregnant wives.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2020
stonemasonn:
then they should take the 5 children along. You guys are pathetic.
If there are issues with the wife the properties should be shared and each child given his share.

Your generation is pathetic.

Definitely they will come for the children. The Father's property belongs to the children. You can't battle a man or left him to die only to come and inherit his property.

I hope Ur brother marry such a wife and you look the other way
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2020
eyinjuege:

A woman pregnant with twins going to her mother's place only does that due to health challenges, to receive better help and care her husband cannot give her. Pregnancy is a stressful time and twin pregnancy is 3x more stressful on anyone.
They've been married 15years and probably still quaffing steadily to be able to get pregnant with twins meaning their relationship wasn't bad.
I'm sure she left with the permission of her husband.
He developed a crises while she was away , and remember he's been managing his ulcer for 15 years too, so not a stranger to it. How could she have known she would never see him again?
Was she healthy enough to travel all the way from her mother's place probably carrying advanced twin pregnancy to come and look after him when she herself is being looked after?
Most airlines stop carrying pregnant women from 32 weeks. Does it mean she will do a 7-12 hours journey by road while heavily pregnant to come and look after her husband when he could have gone to a hospital nearby?
Why did his family not take him to a hospital? Where did they take him to?
You cannot say she abandoned her husband when he was sick, because she didn't. That would be unfair, becasue she was also not in the best state of health either. Her mother was looking after her, remember that. Women who go to their parents or parents in laws houses when pregnant do so for a good reason, and not because they want to abandon their spouses. Usually the men are even relieved because they can face their work squarely when they're not the ones looking after their pregnant wives.

One sided argument.

A woman in good terms with the husband will definitely be informed by the husband about his health challenge and every moves made by his siblings in taking care of him including where he is being treated.

Don't you think this woman left the man to his fate?

Did the family block her from reaching the husband if they are in good terms?

How can your husband be buried without your consent and you did not raise alarm?

Don't judge from one side
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by eyinjuege: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Definitely they will come for the children. The Father's property belongs to the children. You can't battle a man or left him to die only to come and inherit his property.

Where did it say she battled the man and left him to die?
She clearly stated she went to her mother's place because she was pregnant with twins.
Do you battle a man and still get pregnant for him? What kind of man battles his pregnant wife too btw?
She obviously went to her mother's place to be looked after herself becasue of the pregnancy. Twin pregnancy has a lot of it's own complications, with everything worse than a normal pregnancy. Some women go to their parents or in-laws place when pregnant especially if they need to be looked after, because their husbands can't look after them, so what are you talking about?
Why are you all ignoring the fact that she was also pregnant and hence relocated? She also wasnt in the best state of health to go back and look after him when his crises started.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by stonemasonn: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

When will they come for the children? After they've overcome poverty abi? And settled down.. pathetic lots, you'll the same.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 31, 2020
eyinjuege:

Where did it say she battled the man and left him to die?
She clearly stated she went to her mother's place because she was pregnant with twins.
Do you battle a man and still get pregnant for him? What kind of man battles his pregnant wife too btw?
She obviously went to her mother's place to be looked after herself becasue of the pregnancy. Twin pregnancy has a lot of it's own complications, with everything worse than a normal pregnancy. Some women go to their parents or in-laws place when pregnant especially if they need to be looked after, because their husbands can't look after them, so what are you talking about?
Why are you all ignoring the fact that she was also pregnant and hence relocated? She also wasnt in the best state of health to go back and look after him when his crises started.

U expect her to say they were having issues? U judged based on her side of the story.

Being pregnant with twins does not stop her from knowing her husband's whereabout. Just a call. For her to be feigning ignorance of her husband's whereabout proves all is not well with the marriage.

Again. Wait until u hear from the husband's side before judging
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by mum4dgirls: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
ThatReporterz:

Source: https://punchng.com/my-husbands-siblings-abducted-him-seized-our-property-after-his-death-widow/

Karma is real, my late husband was less than 24 hours in the morgue when his step brother started talking about his benefit, I was two months pregnant for our second child, one of his idiot step brother even lied on me that it was after his death they realized I had a child before marrying him, the child was even for my big sis, they went as far as copying the baby picture as an evidence, but thank God for my family, the only prayer I have for hubby family is that may their children face what I face in their in-laws house... I regretted ever marrying into the Jayeobas family... They are just too greedy ...
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Choski78(m): 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
[url][/url]
Ibadansun1:
Most of you don't know how to read.

afonja olodo, u Know how to read and still remain as miserable as u are!
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by LebenNG: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adakintroy:
I use to pity some of all this widows until I figure what some families figure. That is they are in it for money them self.

If you struggle with any man, the family know and you earn respect. But not when in a communual Africa, the mother sell her gold and wrapper and the brothers borrow him money to pay rent at some point and a distant uncle paid his 200level school fees. Then you the woman emerge half way to claim everything. No way!

communual it came communual it will return. If she has a child she will be Cartered for and seizable portion given to her. But to say the family should not get anything is unAfrican like.
what we are facing now... my uncle married this woman in her advanced age of 40,she claiming born again and all that, now they have a thirteen year old girl as an only child... she kept claiming our family is a witch eating her unborn children.

In any vigil, she is always mic-happy to say all sort of degrading things about her husband's family of which the family keeps mute and not disturb her.

While my Uncle was growing up, all his siblings including my own mum really contributed to his life positively...even helped pay his fees, feeding and secured him a good job. He married this woman when he was almost level 14 in Government job. But this same woman goes around telling people how she and her busband suffer to feed and go around begging for crumbs. meanwhile this same man had houses around town. Fast forward to recently. He got terribly sick and the wife kept hiding him from relatives and refused picking calls... he died and she never informed anybody till one of my cousins noticed and told family, the day he died, this woman assembled all her people and turned the house upside down in search of documents and even hired a big van to pack some household stiff away, who prays for such daughter in law? .

My uncle died recently no mourning at all from her she is now fighting for properties... For you to know how brutal the woman can be? the day my uncle died he sneakingly gave a family member all the documents even the wedding certificate everything, the woman has no access to anything as she is, she does not have the slightest idea of anything....a man shud draw up a will no matter age or anything meanwhile he is yoruba and married to south south.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Adakintroy: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
LebenNG:

what we are facing now... my uncle married this woman in her advanced age of 40,she claiming born again and all that, now they have a thirteen year old girl as an only child... she kept claiming our family is a witch eating her unborn children.

In any vigil, she is always mic-happy to say all sort of degrading things about her husband's family of which the family keeps mute and not disturb her.

While my Uncle was growing up, all his siblings including my own mum really contributed to his life positively...even helped pay his fees, feeding and secured him a good job. He married this woman when he was almost level 14 in Government job. But this same woman goes around telling people how she and her busband suffer to feed and go around begging for crumbs. meanwhile this same man had houses around town. Fast forward to recently. He got terribly sick and the wife kept hiding him from relatives and refused picking calls... he died and she never informed anybody till one of my cousins noticed and told family, the day he died, this woman assembled all her people and turned the house upside down in search of documents and even hired a big van to pack some household stiff away, who prays for such daughter in law? .

My uncle died recently no mourning at all from her she is now fighting for properties... For you to know how brutal the woman can be? the day my uncle died he sneakingly gave a family member all the documents even the wedding certificate everything, the woman has no access to anything as she is, she does not have the slightest idea of anything....a man shud draw up a will no matter age or anything meanwhile he is yoruba and married to south south.

This your story touch..but that's the way some came. Their heart is not of love. But material. If you live you will respect deep family contribution to success.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by LebenNG: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adakintroy:

This your story touch..but that's the way some came. Their heart is not of love. But material. If you live you will respect deep family contribution to success.
So terrible... she keeps claiming she has army of siblings that are ready to fight dirty with just my mum and her few remaining siblings, meanwhile they just pursued one of their sisters-in-law simply because that one does not even regard them, double standards...Why do some women choose to come into a family to cause havoc?
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Adakintroy: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2021
LebenNG:

So terrible... she keeps claiming she has army of siblings that are ready to fight dirty with just my mum and her few remaining siblings, meanwhile they just pursued one of their sisters-in-law simply because that one does not even regard them, double standards...Why do some women choose to come into a family to cause havoc?

If your family is not a troublesome family. I advice you let her be. God has a way of judging wrongs. Just that when some people start ripping what they sow people will be feeling sorry. Me I don't feel sorry anyhow. If you are evil God is just and what is painfully to an evil person is justice to the rightouse.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by LebenNG: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Adakintroy:

If your family is not a troublesome family. I advice you let her be. God has a way of judging wrongs. Just that when some people start ripping what they sow people will be feeling sorry. Me I don't feel sorry anyhow. If you are evil God is just and what is painfully to an evil person is justice to the rightouse.
The thing that is even annoying ne is dat my family is not troublesome at all... in fact becaise of her attitude no one goes to the house for anything, even during burial no ome challenged her... not all families can take such u know...I know that those that use God's name to lie and do evil will definitely meet their karma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Based Couple And Their Quadruplets (Photos) / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / The Graduation Spot And Other Room!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.