Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,746 members, 7,879,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:37 PM

Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order (1423 Views)

Wike Should Remain In Abuja, Leave Fubara, Rivers Alone – Clark / 2023 Presidency: Why Atiku, Wike Should Support South-East — Nwodo / Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
If reports I’m hearing about the bias of the Nigerian security operatives in Oyigbo, then we won't accept that. The Nigerian Army was called to calm the situation not to support one tribe against another. The security operatives seems to be taking this onslaught into an ethnic war with aiming their bullets on innocents Rivers people.

From my investigation, the army and police are currently out on a personal vendetta and not to quell the crisis in Oyigbo. I’ve received calls from loved ones in that axis and it seems people are being shot at will, while the bodies are carted to unknown destination by the Nigerian army. We don't support this. We will never support this extrajudicial killings and onesidedness.

Right from day one, I have always been against Nnamdi Kanu and his approach. IPOB to me have always been known to be a tactless group headed by an idiot in London. However, that does not give the army the right to shoot people on sight. If the Nigerian army is arresting perceived threats to peace as we had thought, things would have become calm. But their Odi approach is what we won’t tolerate.

Since the army has become preoccupied with killing anything in sight, Wike should rethink his stance. As a matter of fact, Wike should call the army to order before this crisis takes another dimension. If neutrals like us can be pained by the army extrajudicial killings, imagine the anger in the hearts of my colleagues seeing those images of dead youths killed in their prime. Imagine the psychological angle and ethnic colouration this crisis may take. Imagine the anger people are feeling against the joyous stance of a lot of notherners jubilating on social media.

Wike should call the army to order, or even ask them to leave, else the crisis seize from becoming a not just an Oyigbo affair but the whole Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Emlproperties: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Are you really sure about this OP.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
If reports I’m hearing about the bias of the Nigerian security operatives in Oyigbo, then we won't accept that. The Nigerian Army was called to calm the situation not to support one tribe against another. The security operatives seems to be taking this onslaught into an ethnic war with aiming their bullets on innocents Rivers people.

From my investigation, the army and police are currently out on a personal vendetta and not to quell the crisis in Oyigbo. I’ve received calls from loved ones in that axis and it seems people are being shot at will, while the bodies are carted to unknown destination by the Nigerian army. We don't support this. We will never support this extrajudicial killings and onesidedness.

Right from day one, I have always been against Nnamdi Kanu and his approach. IPOB to me have always been known to be a tactless group headed by an idiot in London. However, that does not give the army the right to shoot people on sight. If the Nigerian army is arresting perceived threats to peace as we had thought, things would have become calm. But their Odi approach is what we won’t tolerate.

Since the army has become preoccupied with killing anything in sight, Wike should rethink his stance. As a matter of fact, Wike should call the army to order before this crisis takes another dimension. If neutrals like us can be pained by the army extrajudicial killings, imagine the anger in the hearts of my colleagues seeing those images of dead youths killed in their prime. Imagine the psychological angle and ethnic colouration this crisis may take. Imagine against the joyous stance of a lot of notherners jubilating on social media.

Wike should call the army to order, or even ask them to leave, else the crisis seize from becoming a not just an Oyigbo affair but the whole Rivers state.

Wike right now

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
Wike is a One Nigeria fool dreaming of the Presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Emlproperties:
Are you really sure about this OP.
As I talk to right now, the army have made the situation worst than they met it. Even the Police are retailiating the situation that happened during EndSARS protest in that axis.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:

Since the army has become preoccupied with killing anything in sight, Wike should rethink his stance. As a matter of fact, Wike should call the army to order before this crisis takes another dimension. If neutrals like us can be pained by the army extrajudicial killings, imagine the anger in the hearts of my colleagues seeing those images of dead youths killed in their prime. Imagine the psychological angle and ethnic colouration this crisis may take. Imagine against the joyous stance of a lot of notherners jubilating on social media.

Don't worry, they will soon be sent to fight Boko Haram. Nobody will shed a tear for them.
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
jerseyboy:
Wike is a One Nigeria fool dreaming of the Presidency.
I hope many of you are happy now.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by okeyglm: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
stay there and be typing rubbish. don't go and defend urself. wasn't wike that ordered the army ? who gave curfew is it not wike? if obigbo people let them allow hausa/fulani army to finish them there
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by TruthinAction: 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Wike is irrational in his decision. The Elders of the Igbo community should hold a meeting with him or better sue him for genocide against the Igbos living in Oyigbo.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Lajet: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
I keep on asking why is that no igbo leader or Ohaneze Ndi-igbo condemn this massacre going on in Obigbo.
Is Obigbo people no longer igbo?

Why have igbo people keep mute this massacre is still going on for the past one or two week.

The useless igbo leaders are in Enugu holding useless meeting without condemning the massacre going on in Obigbo.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
okeyglm:
stay there and be typing rubbish. don't go and defend urself. wasn't wike that ordered the army ? who gave curfew is it not wike? if obigbo people let them allow hausa/fulani army to finish them there
Egbe eligwe gba gbuo gi there. I knew this was the angle you guys planned. So I should go and finish off what I didn't start.
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lajet:
I keep on asking why is that no igbo leader or Ohaneze Ndi-igbo condemn this massacre going on in Obigbo
I don’t know what to say. But what I know is that the trio of the Nigerian Army, Police and IPOB will not go scot free from the madness happening in Oyigbo.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Ever8090: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
I am not sure of this your report...but if you can back it up with pictures or videos of the army aiming their bullet on rivers people,it will make more sense
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by GeneralStan(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
Wike and his goons forget that History never forgets, and karma knows everyone's address ...
The day of reckoning is close!!!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by okeyglm: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
Egbe eligwe gba gbuo gi there. I knew this was the angle you guys planned. So I should go and finish off what I didn't start.
I bu ezigbo ezi ofia, go and face ur oppressor. tell ur mazi Nnamdi kalu to use 100 million naira bounty he placed on wike to equip u guys.
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Marine54(m): 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
As I talk to right now, the army have made the situation worst than they met it. Even the Police are retailiating the situation that happened during EndSARS protest in that axis.
you're mad ! You invited the Fulani's Army to killed your people, why are you crying now . I am from SS Akwa Ibom...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
Marine54:
[s]you're mad ! You invited the Fulani's Army to killed your people, why are you crying now . I am from SS Akwa Ibom...[/s]
Mods!
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by hammerFC: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:

Since the army has become preoccupied with killing anything in sight, Wike should rethink his stance. As a matter of fact, Wike should call the army to order before this crisis takes another dimension. If neutrals like us can be pained by the army extrajudicial killings, imagine the anger in the hearts of my colleagues seeing those images of dead youths killed in their prime. Imagine the psychological angle and ethnic colouration this crisis may take. Imagine the anger people are feeling against the joyous stance of a lot of notherners jubilating on social media.

IS WIKE NOT AN IGBO MAN.

YOUR SILLY GOVERNORS THAT ARE FALLING OVER THEIR SELF FOR PRESIDENCY, ARE THE PEOPLE AFFLICTING THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

WIKE AND HIS FELLOW IGBO GOVERNORS, ONCE AGAIN INVITED THE FULANI ARMY TO KILL THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

IPOB AND NNAMDI KANU IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE UNNECESSARY SUFFERING.

IGBO GOVERNORS ARE.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
hammerFC:

IS WIKE NOT AN IGBO MAN.

YOUR SILLY GOVERNORS THAT ARE FALLING OVER THEIR SELF FOR PRESIDENCY, ARE THE PEOPLE AFFLICTING THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

WIKE AND HIS FELLOW IGBO GOVERNORS, ONCE AGAIN INVITED THE FULANI ARMY TO KILL THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

IGBO GOVERNORS ARE.

Wike and the SE Governors understand the situation on ground. Anyone not Hausa/Fulani is always at the receiving end when it involves the army. We saw this in Odi, Zaki-Ibiam and Zango Kataf. Anything security in Nigeria is in the hands of the federal government and that is why the army is always biased when called upon.

Assuming Wike or the SE Governors were in charge of security or state Police, they would have handled the situation better. But IPOB seems to be putting the Governors in a tight angle.
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Lajet: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
hammerFC:

IS WIKE NOT AN IGBO MAN.

IGBO GOVERNORS ARE.

Wike is not an igbo man . Ipob member should stop forcing other ethnic in there biafra map.i don't know what is wrong with your people Ipob members.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
hammerFC:

IS WIKE NOT AN IGBO MAN.

IGBO GOVERNORS ARE.

Wike has told you he is Ikwerre and he has shown his anti Igbo stance but you are still here asking whether he is Igbo. Are you Ipobians normal at all? Are you guys grounded In reality or are you living in a dream world?
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by hammerFC: 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
Wike and the SE Governors understand the situation on ground. They may have their blames by allowing the army to quell IPOB. Anything security in Nigeria is in the hands of the federal government and that is why the army is always biased when called upon.

Assuming Wike or the SE Governors were in charge of security or state Police, they would have handled the situation better.

WIKE AND SE GOV SAW WAT HAPPENED AT TOLL GATE AND WENT TO BRING THE SAME ARMY TO THEIR STATE, UNLEASHING THEM ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

NOW, WITH THE WAY IGBO GOVS HAVE BEHAVED, Y WOULD ANYBODY WANT THEM AS PRESIDENT?

IN THE NORTH, WITH ALL THE INSECURITY, NORTHERN GOVERNORS HAVE NOT CALLED IN THE ARMY NOT TO TALK OF UNLEASHING THEM ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

IGBO GOV HAVE LOST ANY RESPECT AND RESERVATION I HAD FOR THEM.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Marine54(m): 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eastlink:
Mods!
you open thread here praising wike for deploying the military against your own people. Now the chicken has come home for roast, now you're crying. The Fulani's that are filled with conquering mentality and are ready to expand thier territories at any given opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by kettykin: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ipob has been used and dumped. It is high time ipob members grow some sense and dump NK with his wrong philosophy

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Ratedgang: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Wike has lost all sense of leadership. His little followers will soon leave him. His people will hunt him forever.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
hammerFC:

WIKE AND SE GOV SAW WAT HAPPENED AT TOLL GATE AND WENT TO BRING THE SAME ARMY TO THEIR STATE, UNLEASHING THEM ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

NOW, WITH THE WAY IGBO GOVS HAVE BEHAVED, Y WOULD ANYBODY WANT THEM AS PRESIDENT?

IN THE NORTH, WITH ALL THE INSECURITY, NORTHERN GOVERNORS HAVE NOT CALLED IN THE ARMY NOT TO TALK OF UNLEASHING THEM ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE.

IGBO GOV HAVE LOST ANY RESPECT AND RESERVATION I HAD FOR THEM.
First and foremost, Wike is not Igbo. If the SE Governors can place a ban on IPOB, is it Wike you expect not to do the same?

Second, if you were sincere you would blame the arrow head of the crisis, Nnamdi Kanu. But it's obvious you want to only blame the Governors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Lajet: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Wike has told you he is Ikwerre and he has shown his anti Igbo stance but you are still here asking whether he is Igbo. Are you Ipobians normal at all? Are you guys grounded In reality or are you living in a dream world?

Honestly speaking I don't know the kind of brainwashed Nnamdi kanu have brainwashed them. they can't reason with there brain again.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Eastlink(m): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
kettykin:
Ipob has been used and dumped. It is high time ipob members grow some sense and dump NK with his wrong philosophy
Imagine the killings going on. Innocent people are being shot at by the military.
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by flamingREED(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
You people will eventually get tired.

The Jews of Africa will win and also possess the gates of their enemies.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Mancrossfire: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lajet:
I keep on asking why is that no igbo leader or Ohaneze Ndi-igbo condemn this massacre going on in Obigbo.
Is Obigbo people no longer igbo?

Why have igbo people keep mute this massacre is still going on for the past one or two week.

The useless igbo leaders are in Enugu holding useless meeting without condemning the massacre going on in Obigbo.

Next time use the right word. It's not obigbo, it's oyigbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Benesis: 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
You guys also need to call ur guys to order as well, both sides need restrain not one side
Re: Governor Wike Should Call The Nigerian Army To Order by Benesis: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
Marine54:
you're mad ! You invited the Fulani's Army to killed your people, why are you crying now . I am from SS Akwa Ibom...

Ikpa ato idung ukeh ke akwa ibom

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Ebonyi, Kill Officer / See The Question Seun Asked Madam Oby / Talk To Nigerians Now Or Resign, Bishop Ikeakor Tells Buhari, Absolves IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.