Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,674 members, 7,951,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists (282 Views)

I Don't Know Who Can Challenge Us In 2027 – Wike / Fubara: Don’t Pull The Ladder You Used To Climb Up, Wike Warns / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by boman2014: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2020
Wike stated this on Friday when the national
leadership of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE)
paid him a courtesy visit at the government
house in Port Harcourt, the Rivers capital.

Wike, according to a statement by Kelvin Ebiri,
special assistant to to the governor on media,
said there was a need for journalists to put in
more efforts as the “strong voice and
conscience of the society”.

“What I have seen of you is that you praise us
and give us award because of relationship or
friendship. That’s not the way it should be.
Challenge us — the people in authority — and
we will sit up to our responsibilities. We will
have no choice than to perform and serve the
people as it should be,” he said.

“My support for you has to do with the fact
that you are supposed to tell the truth of what
is happening in Nigeria.

“There was a time you were exposing the ills of
society. If not for you, certain things will not
be known. Assume your role, grow strong again
and speak out.”

He also commented on the #EndSARS protests,
stating that the youth were able to organise
themselves without having leaders.

“If when I castigated the operations of SARS
you added your voice, who knows what good that
would have achieved,” the governor said.

“Now look at what has happened. There was
EndSARS protest across the country. Nobody
knows how the youth were able to organise
themselves without a leader.

“Up until now, intelligence can’t even know how
they did it and who’s behind them. Without good
intelligence, how can Nigeria even defeat Boko
Haram?”

https://thecable.ng/stop-giving-us-awards-challenge-us-so-we-can-sit-up-wike-tells-journalists
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by Keggite: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2020
The gods o
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by thatsleepboy1: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2020
Who and who are they deceiving? When we clearly know that their hands are very dirty and they've fully bought the media totally to their taste so where will the challenge be coming from? Even this so called ARISE TV that is trending will soon be bought or has even been bought to paint some section of the government bad that's why they have so much ego after the NBC fined them even though I'm against the ban itself.
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by TecM0: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2020
cool
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by Yahksbiz(m): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
wike is eying the president sit.

I think they said if you get there you will do the same thing

Hello, Be my student on English grammar and vocabularies. Subscribe to my YouTube channel, to get the tips step by step....
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG9XbbHlRk87eGNNvxAKJhA
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by Righteousness89(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
What the Governor said is The Truth!
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
You think those are journalists??
undecided

More like bribed urchins blessed with a camera.
Re: Stop Giving Us Awards… Challenge Us So We Can Sit Up, Wike Tells Journalists by otokx(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
In Nigeria, there is a positive relationship between awards and sycophancy.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi KANU_ The Ipob Leader And His Supporters Are Tip Of An Iceberg / #bringbackourdick: Angry Youths Burned Down Buildings Belonging To Prophet Accus / NIGERIAN Youth Wins US 2020 ELECTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.