Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive (4898 Views)

Getting Fast Prosperity To Escape Poverty And Suffering / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / 21 Prayers Points For Prosperity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Interesting15: 6:45am On Nov 01, 2020
There are tons of unpleasant things currently happening in our society, and even beyond our own territory. Nevertheless, in the midst of the pain, sorrows and uncertainties, the Word of God keeps reminding us of God's pleasant thoughts toward us:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord , thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."(Jeremiah 29:11)

So God is eager to feed us with true and pleasant peace, both as a society and individually. Truthfully, we can only get true peace when we turn to God and allow Him have His way.

This however requires true humility. God said:

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."(II Chronicles 7:14)

For prosperity to thrive, we need peace. Unfortunately, doing things contrary to God's Will would only keep corrupting the land, and the repercussions will always be unpleasant.

Hence, we must repent of our evil ways and surrender to God completely. The first step is to embrace the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Just call upon the Name of Jesus anywhere you are, and you shall be saved. Then try to introduce others to Christ too.

To experience the peace that will usher in an enhanced level of prosperity, we must quit our wrongdoings and forsake anything sinful. Do away with immoralities, shedding of blood, alcoholism, injustice, corruption, etc. These things only give the devil access to plunder us - both as individuals and as a society.

Jesus Christ promised to give us true rest if we can come to Him. Imagine how beautiful our society would be if everyone is faithfully living according to the precept of God. This is a good reason we Christians should intensify our evangelistic efforts, so the Kingdom of God will be established in all facet and sector, and more people will come into the Light of Christ.

5 Likes

Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2020
we need true peace for real but it will not lead to prosperity...
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by orisa37: 7:24am On Nov 01, 2020
WE NEED INVIOLATE FREE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TO THRIVE.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by orisa37: 7:26am On Nov 01, 2020
WE NEED INVIOLATE FREE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TO THRIVE.

F.G MUST ADOPT FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW AND WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by ATEAMS: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2020
Whatever it is you’re seeking won’t come in the form you’re expecting.

1 Like

Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Yankiss(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2020
Word.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Akube1z: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2020
We need to seek for God and the kingdom of God and every other things shall come unto us.
There's peace and love in Jesus Christ. When you have God , you'll have everything you are looking for.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by xynerise: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2020
Jesus did not promise peace to the world. Don't expect one
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Patrickyemi: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2020
Yes please
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2020
Seems is only south west that have dogged leaders
That’s why they are strong in opposition
While south east governors are good in slavery
Arse licking and begging of Presidency as if power is given
Amotekun,they formed
Pass into law
Tell me why fulani hegemony will not feel threatened
While south east leaders cowards are crying begging for presidency they will never have
Is my turn is their only argument
May they suffer
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by mastertek: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2020
Let us stop deceiving ourselves, this country has rotten beyond repair.

The only solution to this country is dissolution, when every region create their own country, there will be closed monitoring.

We are not one, and we are rule by our enemy who don't value a human life.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Angrykidd: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2020
God knows what we need and everything happening was made to happen by God. What we need doesn't matter,only what God allows us to have matters. Thank you Lord for everything happening in Nigeria.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Pearly255(f): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2020
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2020
Since the time of John the Baptist, the kingdom of God suffer violent, the violence take it by force!!!
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Kennitrust(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2020
Until Muslim understand the meaning of PEACE

The world with Muslim would remain in pieces with Muslim mentality.

#endislamnow

3 Likes

Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by abumeinben(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2020
I see.

A China man once said - Peace is only achieved by leaving things the way they are.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by salbis(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2020
True peace is no guarantee for prosperity. May God heal and bless our land.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by slawormiir: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Cutehector(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2020
xynerise:
Jesus did not promise peace to the world. Don't expect one
cool
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Brendaniel: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2020
PEACE OVER UNITY...
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by advocatejare(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2020
Only Jesus gives peace. Other people or religion that shouts peace gives the opposite of peace.

Anywhere Jesus is, peace reigns.

He stills the storm and restores peace to turbulent situations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Thattallgirl(f): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2020
Peace is only found in the person of Jesus. Someone said above that God doesn't promise peace to the world. What I believe is He promised His beloved peace. And the peace I'm referring to is that in the midst of challenges, trials, storms, you'll find rest in Him. That's the peace He wants us to know we have in Him.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Franking: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2020
Talk equal rights and justice first.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by Dancos: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2020
Listen to Reverend Bob Marley of blessed memory. What we need in nigeria is Equal Right and Justice. Peace will follow. There can never be true peace without justice first. Peace without justice and equal right is a time bomb. Without religion there would be justice in the world.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by chibuike57183: 10:40am On Nov 01, 2020
we need true peace for real but it will not lead to prosperity...
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by femi4: 11:56am On Nov 01, 2020
Peace doesn't give birth to prosperity . Its that state your mind attains irrespective of your situation
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
They should stop preaching hatred for other religious adherents in their prayer places, this is the only panacea for peace.
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Peace attracts prosperity, all these negative utterances such as tribalism verbal attacks give rise to negative energies, which will be making people including leaders to be reasoning backward.

Due to the high affinity for all sorts of vices in our national life such as terrorism and kidnapping, investors no longer want to invest, the ones that are already here are planning to divest.

The news about the successful seal operation yesterday is all over the world, how we they see naija?
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by dake40(m): 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
advocatejare:
Only Jesus gives peace. Other people or religion that shouts peace gives the opposite of peace.

Anywhere Jesus is, peace reigns.

He stills the storm and restores peace to turbulent situations

Ignorance
Re: We Need True Peace For Prosperity To Thrive by advocatejare(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
dake40:

Ignorance
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Yorubas Who Want To Contact A Babalawo Owolabi ! / Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located? / What Is Wrong With Christian Women Wearing Trouser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.