Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,745 members, 7,879,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. (6467 Views)

Searching To Get Schorlaship In The USA Pls Help / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by BlackPantherCri: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2020
In America, police is your friend.

I have been driving for many years. Police has never stopped me. My only encounter with police is to snap picture with the handsome buff ones at the beach or downtown.

In the city where I live, police no send you. They just want to have a great day and go home. And we too don't give police work. We hail them at dunkin donut or 7/11 when they come to get their coffee and donuts.

The way you see police brutality on TV and online is the same way we see it on TV, we have never experienced it.

My hubby had experience with police for speeding. He was so over the speed limit the police did not even know how to ticket him without spoiling his record! They just warned him and let him go. Most times when they see and hear that you are African, they know you don't have trouble. You just want to live your life and do your thing.

Police don't go looking for trouble. Infact, they don't want any trouble. They just want Peace and go home to their families. It's not too much to ask!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 07, 2020
ZINIIBANKS:

Baba gist us na wetin happen
Those people no get Joy grin

Check my Akata women thread
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by DonroxyII: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
optimusprime2:

#Edited
After all the slap I don collect from Army, Mopol and SARS in Nigeria... please, I know how to adequately humble myself before any law enforcement this world has to offer.
Infact they are usually amused by my level of humility, because I am professionally humble... I was asked to show ID once and I was like "Amen sir!" Brought out even receipts, profiled myself, invited him to church and before doing dobale(which they nearly died of laughter), gave him my pizza I had(appeasing the gods), which liver I get to resist police? if they even catch me sef, I will take broom and sweep police station that is before cooking egusi soup for all the police officers...mheen Naija humbled me seriously. grin
A child wey sabi wash hand go follow elders chop for long grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Icentautos: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2020
ZIINI:
Evening guys hope you all are doing great.? Please ignore typos let's focus on the thread.
If you're a Nigerian and you're living in the USA pls share your experience with the police over there
Have you come in contact with them ?
How were you addressed ?
Did they act nice to you or other wise.
I watch a video on IG now on jaymazini's page he was videoing some group of police men chasing a black guy although with the look of things and comments the black guy is holding a knife.guess he is also chasing someone he came out behind a car and the police men gave him continuous gun shot.he died on the spot.
From my own perspective those police men will never fire a shot if he happens to be a white man.no matter the case may be.
So now my question is if you're a Nigerian and you're living in the US I need you to answer these few questions.
Have you come in contact with the US police before ? If yes how did they treat you?
Have you been arased by one before ? If yes how many minutes or hour's did it last ? What exactly did you do?
Let's here from you pls
NOTE--->> This question is mainly for people living in the state if you're not living in USA pls act like a responsible individual don't make any comments sit back and read what people living in the USA have to say after some few comments from them then you're given the privilege to drop your comments thanks
Lalasticlala
Justwise
Disguy
Seun
Alex182
Please we need more input on this....

I am sure no one is saying jagons here on you profile stop comment nonsense on my post
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Fidelismaria: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2020
undecided
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 22, 2020
Icentautos:

I am sure no one is saying jagons here on you profile stop comment nonsense on my post
So Saying the truth is nonsense to you?
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2020
they were nice, kind and helpful
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by doy1: 12:43am On Jan 09, 2021
Hi Ziini, nice tread. Pls I would love to discuss something personal with you. Love your advise to a tread about a guy wanting to relocate abroad with 3M. Interested in the Bahrain package too.
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 09, 2021
doy1:
Hi Ziini, nice tread. Pls I would love to discuss something personal with you. Love your advise to a tread about a guy wanting to relocate abroad with 3M. Interested in the Bahrain package too.
What I’m saying Was early last year O I’m not sure the package is still on again
Worst of it Ion have the Guys contact again I misplaced my phone so I loose many contact
Bahrain work visa was hot then when he told me but I’m not sure of it now Cause is already over a year now
You can also do your findings sha
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by johnHerba(m): 10:01am On Jan 16, 2021
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Highway patrol

Lapd : hello gentlemen

Driver bro : hello officer, may I help you?

Lapd: liences and registration pls

Driver bro : hand over docs

Lapd : where you off to

Driver bro : On a tour at Stockton, California Campus

Lapd : confirm and return docs, hello mr can I see your I'd

Driver bro : his talking to you

Me: student I'd

Lapd : fresher?

Me: yes sir

Lapd : trunk pls.... Checked! Have a good one..

Other one at world trade center

Sis : I need a fancy picture... Approached gentle looking US army on patrol

Sis : my kid want a selfie, you care?

Army : sure... With smiles

Picture taken

Sis : thanks

Army : sure ma'am, have a good one

In short if you appear to be a descent looking black african american... You got no problem with the cops or feds...
Yeah sure
Re: Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help! How True Is This? / Airlines Must Indicate The Exact Number Of Luggage Checked-in By Passengers-FAAN / Discrimination Towards Our Parents At Finnish Embassy Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.