Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

US Based Medical Doctor Lends Her On Endsars Crisis - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / US Based Medical Doctor Lends Her On Endsars Crisis (279 Views)

Janet Jackson Speaks On EndSARS & Lekki Shootings, Says 'Enough Is Truly Enough' / Beyonce On EndSARS: 'I'm Heartbroken To See Senseless Brutality In Nigeria' / Laycon Stops Interviewer's Question Choosing To Speak On Endsars Over His Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Based Medical Doctor Lends Her On Endsars Crisis by AlexReports(m): 7:10am On Nov 02, 2020
ENDSARS: US Based Medical Doctor And Philanthropist Princess Dr. Mercy Uwakwe Lends Her Voice On The Ends SARS Crisis

Dear Nigerians,

It is with a heavy heart that I join millions of people around the world to condemn the current happenings in the country.

What started as a rightful and legitimate peaceful call for the disbandment of an otherwise failed Special Anti Robbery Squad and reformation of the police system has deteriorated into huge sparks of violence across the country, with loss of lives, particularly with the Lekki incidence where several peaceful protesters were allegedly killed by the soldiers meant to protect them and destruction of properties and is currently turning into an even worse free for all anarchy.

This has not in anyway helped but put our dear nation on the right side of the divide in the international community. Indeed various protests held in several locations around the world coupled with the inability of the ruling elite to defuse the current situation has further tainted our already delicate international appeal.

I therefore, stand with the call for the reformation of police and the end of the tactical police unit, SARS.

My foundation has been in touch with various political leaders and diplomats within and outside the country to see a peaceful resolution of the violence and a long lasting solution to the issues of police brutality in Nigeria. In solidarity with the movement, we have reached out to various world leaders already and we promise to continue until a viable solution, one absolutely accepted by the majority of the populace, is reached by the government of our dear country.

While the pitiable situation continues, I would wish to let you know that my foundation would always be available to lend out any form of assistance to all who might be in need of it.

I love you all, so dearly.

#ENDSARSNOW #EndSARS #endpoliceterrorism #EndPoliceBrutality

All my love,
Princess Dr. Mercy Uwakwe

Re: US Based Medical Doctor Lends Her On Endsars Crisis by chatinent: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Mr Trump Has Defied The Pre-election Polls To Do Better Than Predicted / Davido Reveals Issues With Wizkid, Declears Self Best Artist In Nigeria / Mayorkun & Davido First Chat On Twitter That Got Him Signed Into DMW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.