Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,253 members, 7,880,934 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:33 AM

Oil Doesn't Belong To Niger Delta, It Belongs To North By Land Mass-Usman Bugaje - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Doesn't Belong To Niger Delta, It Belongs To North By Land Mass-Usman Bugaje (3531 Views)

'Why Nigeria’s Oil Belongs To The North' - Dr. Usman Bugaje / SSS Arrests Usman Bugaje For Criticising Buhari’s Handling Of Insecurity / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Oil Doesn't Belong To Niger Delta, It Belongs To North By Land Mass-Usman Bugaje by abdulwastecx(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
TecM0:
cool

He is right and also wrong

Offshore deep sea Oil rigs belongs to Nigeria, because it's how wide Nigeria territory is that makes Nigerian water ways extend deep into the sea, according to UN charter

Onshore Oil rigs, Marginal oil rigs belongs exclusively to oil producing Community whose land the oil rig is

Using the principle of Nigerian waterways and International water ways , North owns no Oil , Federal Government does, Northern State shouldn't earn from Oil allocation

You re being clever by half. The offshore oil belongs to the territories that borders the see. If Nigeria disintegrates today, all the oil in the Niger delta belongs to the piece of land or country that encloses that stretch of the sea.

In practicality, the so called north have no stake in even 1% of Nigeria offshore oil.
Re: Oil Doesn't Belong To Niger Delta, It Belongs To North By Land Mass-Usman Bugaje by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Well these are salient points but Delta is not a tribe let alone an ethnic group, that's where you made the first mistake. You don't use Delta a state and Igbo an ethnicity at same time. it makes your argument look childish and less pointed. Delta is a state and must be compared with other states as created. I used Edo without putting state because I know Edo is an ethnicity so I was careful in my choice of words.
First you need to correct yourself on that mistake.....

Secondly, I don't listen to Nnamdi Kanu, most of the things you guys says that he said , I only read that from here and mostly on nairaland but all the same his opinion is so minute to stand for the entire igbo race. A sensible man knows his boundary, history of people and will never try to interfere into such and as such I am always cautious before I encroach.
Thirdly, as said early you raised salients points and didn't argue like an average nairalander or children littered here with no family training. Also I am not pushing you away but only trying to avoid future accusations or something of such which is the current Nigeria situation. I only feel that I should be sincere on this particular issue.

Remember your first mistake comparing created created few years ago with tribe. It is not a sound argument rather compare tribes to tribes and single out similarities if any to make the argument sound.

Thanks brother for your sincerity and maturity.
Yea Igbo is a tribe and Delta is a state. That is why I stated that there are many tribes in SS and also stated that there are Igbo people Indigenous of Delta state. Then when I say Igbo, I'm likewise referring to SE states not just the tribe.

I like Nnmadi Kanu personally, I like his freedom fighting spirit and he's intelligent, but the issue about him is his approach. He's wasting so many people's lives, spreads hate and propaganda. His case is like that of extremism.
I think members of IPOB and well meaning Igbos should apply wisdom when dealing with him. They should know when to obey and when to ignore him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Twitter User Shows How To Confirm Tinubu Cocaine And Heroine Cartel Case In USA / Joe Igbokwe’s Family Disowns Him. Says He’s A Prodigal Son / Tinubu Why? (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.