Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,131 members, 7,916,327 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:31 PM

Bad Leadership Vs Greed:how To Fix Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad Leadership Vs Greed:how To Fix Nigeria (220 Views)

Flood Is Ravaging Nigeria: Leadership Vs Rulership / Peter Obi: Bad Leadership Holding Nigeria Down, Not 1999 Constitution / How To Fix Nigeria In 72 Hours By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad Leadership Vs Greed:how To Fix Nigeria by Benesis: 11:04am On Nov 03, 2020
Most times, when we are asked to state the number one problem plaguing Nigeria, we list Leadership, Corruption, Illiteracy, Tribalism, etc.
But we never get to list things like, Greed, lack of contentment, lack of empathy.

I personally feel, that no matter how brilliant a leader is, Greed would be the end if him, as he won't know when to stop, and i feel that at the very root of corruption is uncontrollable greed to have everything meant for others for ones self, and even in illiteracy a trace of greed either of the teacher, who uses time meant to teach and researching and uses it for making side hustle and selling grades for money or favor or the people that work in their farm, and tribalism is some greed to hoard opportunities to jus your tribe.

We complained that the government where hoarding palliatives, but the moment we had an opportunity to take and share by ourselves, we saw how people loaded buses, and trucks to overflow, to hoard them for their selves and families, every other person can go and die, so from government hoarding it for themselves, we got angry and decided to hoard it for ourselves.

I feel that we need to have a state of emergency in addressing greed, in churches, mosque, our institution, capitalism is founded on self interest, and this self interest when not tempered with a touch of morality and the love of neighbor as oneself, always leads to a yawning gap of inequality as the rich stock up for themselves and generations to come, while the poor gets less and less to grapple for.

In Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. "do onto others as you will love done to you" is a foundational principle.
I feel, if we tried to hammer on this, over and over and over again, if movies were scripted with this as the main plot, if govt policies where geared towards these tenets, if our pastors and imams, and Dalai lamas, Sensei and Monks extoled on these principles as often as possible.

This earth is very very rich, and it produces enough to go round, Jesus when he taught us how to pray, instructed to ask for "daily bread" not lifetime or generational bread, if we could all learn to take for ourselves what that will last us for the day and leave for others to take, your guess is as good as mine as to how beautiful our gloomy world will turn overnight

Benesis ©

Re: Bad Leadership Vs Greed:how To Fix Nigeria by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2020
Benesis:
Most times, when we are asked to state the number one problem plaguing Nigeria, we list Leadership, Corruption, Illiteracy, Tribalism, etc.
But we never get to list things like, Greed, lack of contentment, lack of empathy.

I personally feel, that no matter how brilliant a leader is, Greed would be the end if him, as he won't know when to stop, and i feel that at the very root of corruption is uncontrollable greed to have everything meant for others for ones self, and even in illiteracy a trace of greed either of the teacher, who uses time meant to teach and researching and uses it for making side hustle and selling grades for money or favor or the people that work in their farm, and tribalism is some greed to hoard opportunities to jus your tribe.

We complained that the government where hoarding palliatives, but the moment we had an opportunity to take and share by ourselves, we saw how people loaded buses, and trucks to overflow, to hoard them for their selves and families, every other person can go and die, so from government hoarding it for themselves, we got angry and decided to hoard it for ourselves.

I feel that we need to have a state of emergency in addressing greed, in churches, mosque, our institution, capitalism is founded on self interest, and this self interest when not tempered with a touch of morality and the love of neighbor as oneself, always leads to a yawning gap of inequality as the rich stock up for themselves and generations to come, while the poor gets less and less to grapple for.

In Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. "do onto others as you will love done to you" is a foundational principle.
I feel, if we tried to hammer on this, over and over and over again, if movies were scripted with this as the main plot, if govt policies where geared towards these tenets, if our pastors and imams, and Dalai lamas, Sensei and Monks extoled on these principles as often as possible.

This earth is very very rich, and it produces enough to go round, Jesus when he taught us how to pray, instructed to ask for "daily bread" not lifetime or generational bread, if we could all learn to take for ourselves what that will last us for the day and leave for others to take, your guess is as good as mine as to how beautiful our gloomy world will turn overnight

Benesis ©

Illiteracy is the number one problem in Nigeria and also the people are very stupid.

95% of Nigeria's know that their own people will do nothing for them they will still go and vote for themselves. Look at what is happening in America today they are nine Nigerians which are contesting for different election and positions in this election. All nine of them have done nothing for Nigerian community in America but Nigerians will still vote for them. government is not the problem in this country. The Citizens are very stupid they will only follow an idiot I have let Nigerians in u.k. said if we are suffering is no problem let's vote for ourselves. 1 million years Nigeria cannot move forward as long as his people are ruling the country. Nigeria's can achieve nothing but we want everything going to the extent of running to another man's land and wanting to vote for a criminal which did nothing for us in our own country
Re: Bad Leadership Vs Greed:how To Fix Nigeria by Benesis: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Illiteracy is the number one problem in Nigeria and also the people are very stupid.

95% of Nigeria's know that their own people will do nothing for them they will still go and vote for themselves. Look at what is happening in America today they are nine Nigerians which are contesting for different election and positions in this election. All nine of them have done nothing for Nigerian community in America but Nigerians will still vote for them. government is not the problem in this country. The Citizens are very stupid they will only follow an idiot I have let Nigerians in u.k. said if we are suffering is no problem let's vote for ourselves. 1 million years Nigeria cannot move forward as long as his people are ruling the country. Nigeria's can achieve nothing but we want everything going to the extent of running to another man's land and wanting to vote for a criminal which did nothing for us in our own country

Thanks for your nice comment.
But do you think that if you fix illiteracy that everything will be alright?
In the USA, do you think they really love how their country is going? Do you think iy is illiteracy too?

I will love to learn and broaden my knowledge from ur view

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Dangot Police Opened Fire At Peaceful Protest And Shot Protesters|| M / A Question For Rabbi Kanu / Getting Covid-19 Vaccine A Matter Of Utmost Concern, Says Osinbajo*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.