Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,625 members, 7,968,817 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:17 PM

Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday (22134 Views)

FG, ASUU Meet In Abuja / ASUU Strike: Hope For Students As Fg, Senate, ASUU Meet To Appraise Utas / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by kyuniii(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Hope it does not end in deadlock as usual.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Antoeni:
With the way this Election has gone so far, it is Safe to say that the US has No Moral right to Question our Democratic Credentials going Forward.
Omo m**d men plenty for this forum o grin
We dey talk education this one Dey talk politics
US for that matter
Na my father land? cool smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Ibegtodiffer: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Let the FG get serious. Vices everywhere.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by salbis(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2020
They should settle this matter and let me have my viva voce please.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by OpinionCounts(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Shameless leaders...joke of a country.

Even animals can govern themselves better.

And we still wonder why the whites call us monkeys...

Nothing is working rightly in this enclave...A country that pays more attention to religion than to education...government uses so-called scarce resources to build churches/mosques while schools and hospitals are lacking everywhere...A country that speeds up judgements on religion and passes quick rulings on religion but will spend 20years struggling to pass a single simple judgement and ruling to enhance education.

#Spits..
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Ayomarcel(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2020
I just hope the right procedures are put in place for the students safety during the pandemic.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by AgroTrade: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2020
Let us hope they reach an agreement this time
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by loganx: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2020
There is a solution to this incessant strike that is shutting down our educational system:

All Politicians from Level 12 and above
All Lecturers from a determined high level
Local Government Chairmen
State Governors
Permanent Secretaries
House of Rep Members
Senators
President
etc

Their children, wards, nephews, nieces, or anyone under their personal care must attend public schools in Nigeria from Primary to First Degree. If you cannot do this, you will forfeit your right to seek political office or resign from the civil service.
If you implement this, the state of Nigeria education would experience immediate and drastic improvement and schools will never close in future.
we would have held the two responsible parties to be more responsible and also all those who send their children abroad so they could not be affected by the rogue system they have created to be more concerned.

4 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by King44(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2020
Haryoife:

Strike continues over 4.5
strike ends 100 odds strike continues 1.25 odds

Abeg ASUU and FED don't agree in fact scatter the whole matter till next year.

Mtchew
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:21am On Nov 04, 2020
Undergraduates/students should find something doing, becuz this government doesn't give a damn

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by fuckaholic25(f): 10:25am On Nov 04, 2020
make strike end abeg I won knack!! Na olosho pesin just dey fucck for house
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Gabbriell: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2020
Hope ke!. Based on the trash comming from the FG claiming they don't owe ASUU any salary...the fight has just began. The have to account for where the missing salaries went.

ASUU members statements of accounts are there. Lies coming from FG in this administration is just too much.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Asianjollof007: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2020
Mtcheew, let hope keep rising.
Useless country, keep meeting till thy kingdom come.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Hugo55(m): 10:27am On Nov 04, 2020
The government, ASUU, school system and Nigeria is so messed up.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by ofuonyebi: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2020
There is no hope that is rising in as much as ASSUU want to remain powerful than the FG
as it has been over the years.....only a proliferation of ASSUU which i forsee would give
our education a better hope for the future....They have been killing our education for decades
Enough should be enough.....Next Year, they would soon embark on another strike
It has become the ASSU;'s HOBBY!...But just one day..and one govt...this ASUU power will end!
If you are wise, then ask the NIGERIAN LABOUR CONGRESS...how powerful are they again today?

If you believe it would happen then share!

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by OpinionCounts(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2020
loganx:
There is a solution to this incessant strike that is shutting down our educational system:

All Politicians from Level 12 and above
All Lecturers from a determined high level
Local Government Chairmen
State Governors
Permanent Secretaries
House of Rep Members
Senators
President
etc

Their children, wards, nephews, nieces, or anyone under their personal care must attend public schools in Nigeria from Primary to First Degree. If you cannot do this, you will forfeit your right to seek political office or resign from the civil service.
If you implement this, the state of Nigeria education would experience immediate and drastic improvement and schools will never close in future.
we would have held the two responsible parties to be more responsible and also all those who send their children abroad so they could not be affected by the rogue system they have created to be more concerned.

This proposal will not only solve the education problem in Nigeria, it will also solve a lot of other problems like insecurity, healthcare etc... unfortunately, this proposal will never happen, atleast not with these present crop of rulers that will send even their dogs to a foreign vet clinic knowing the mess they have left theirs in.
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by phyzdot: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2020
1.25 odds go cut now now your eyes go clear just now grin grin grin
King44:
strike ends 100 odds strike continues 1.25 odds

Abeg ASUU and FED don't agree in fact scatter the whole matter till next year.

Mtchew
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by JJmubby: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2020
Howitzer:

Odds
Strike continues - 0.99
Strike ends - 100

grin grin grin
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by eleazon(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2020
Alot of dramma has taken place since this devilish government brought the issue of IPPIS as a distraction from the key isuues that led to the total, comprehensive and indefinite strike that ASUU embarked upon. The latest being the interview that the Minister of State for Education, Mr Chukwuemeka Nwajuba granted channels TV yesterday.
I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I am preempting another deadlock today, going by recent utterances from this minister whose ministry is currently having unsettled issues. The minister shot himself in the leg yesterday by affirming that IPPIS is faulty. By submitting that some lecturers were underpaid while some overpaid, ASUU has been vindicated. However, by stating that lecturers are not being owed, it is very obvious that he is not in tune with the goings on in his ministry or he is conservative with the truth, but I choose to believe the former.
The ASUU chairperson further buttressed his by stating that the 3 meetings ASUU had with the FG, he wasn't present. Yet he came to defend his ministry which did rather poorly. On sunday, this same man stated that 51000 out of 77000 ASUU members have registered on ippis when we do not have such number of lecturers (state and federal univerisities combined) in Nigeria. This shows gross incompetence for such exalted position by the minister. The truth of the matter is that the so called payment he referred to happened when the president yielded to pressure and asked that lecturers not on IPPIS be paid to cushion the effect of covid 19. However, immediately ASUU anounced that UTAS was ready, FG stopped further payment. Hence lecturers not on IPPIS are being owed from July to date. This is in addition to the key issues: revatalization of universities, earned academic allowances or EAA, establishment of visitation pannels, honor of memorandum of action entered into between FG and ASUU in 2019, establishment of renegotiation committee, etc, that led to this protracted strike by ASUU.
We all should appreciate the fight that ASUU is putting up. GOD forbid, should ASUU lose this battle, students will pay through their noses to go to school. This is part of what ASUU is trying to prevent. The onus lies on Nigerian students now to join ASUU in preventing this devilish govt from decimating the Nigerian public tertiary educational system as from their body language, they are not in a hurry to open universities now. Afterall, their children do not school in Nigeria
sinkhole:
Hmmmm, hope rises embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by King44(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2020
phyzdot:
1.25 odds go cut now now your eyes go clear just now grin grin grin
just chill and watch how the match go end
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nitah1: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Doradorwa:
hmm... Optimism then a shattered hope... Lai lai...no be me .
U better marry o make them no derail u.......ahbi.

����

1 Like

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Ice202(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2020
University Students/ Graduates should watch this ⬇️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJ6gI_ntBc

*CLICK ON THE LINK AND WATCH WITH MOBILE APP TO SAVE DATA

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Veezy4u(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2020
They should do anything they want ooo. If Dem like hold meetings every 2-3 days. But the only thing I want is not to resume this year. We can resume January but I know we're plenty that don't want to do so this year. This year has almost gone
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by MrLacoste4: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2020
everyday nai dem ASUU n FG dey hold meeting yet nothing dey come out... rubbish
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 04, 2020
Strike's over! we resume Monday! Y'all ready?
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Willisky: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2020
Where in Lagos or Port Harcourt can I get this packaging pouch printed for me? Welp!

Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by kingzdonald(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2020
Good prognosis
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Pancakeey(f): 11:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Not be sound pessimistic but I don’t think this meeting would yield any results. Even though I want the strike to be called off.

What has FG done to work towards ASUU’s demands sine the last meeting? Nothing
And they keep calling them for meetings to beg them to resume

Until there’s commitment on the side of FG. They’ll have so many meetings and we’ll sit at home for over a year
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Pancakeey(f): 11:23am On Nov 04, 2020
Spysees:
Strike's over! we resume Monday! Y'all ready?
Yinmu grin Better goan find work
All these ones are fighting for their members
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by banana99(m): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2020
Them better resume o...make i begin polish my gemu for girls again
Re: Strike: Hope Rises As FG, ASUU Meet On Wednesday by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2020
Pancakeey:

Yinmu grin Better goan find work
All these ones are fighting for their members
An insider told me; you can bet it! We resume Monday!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) / If ASUU Calls Off The Strike When Will You Return To School? / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.