Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:48 PM

Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC (525 Views)

Indomitable Lions Goalkeeper Jean Efala Set To Join Akwa United / Dana Air, Akwa United FC Unveil Sponsorship Deal Worth Millions / Rohr Reacts To Super Eagle's Russia 2018 Draw (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by Hunchogee: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
NPFLEXCLUSIVE! Akwa United eye move for Super Eagles midfielder John Ogu

Akwa United Football Club are interested in bringing Super Eagles midfielder, John Ogu to the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium ahead of the upcoming Nigeria Professional Football League season.

Ogu is currently a free agent after leaving Saudi Arabian club, Al-Adalah FC because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The giant midfielder ended his 6 months contract with the Saudi club after failing to travel back to the country in August due to travel restrictions in Nigeria because of the pandemic.

“To my fans wanting to know, I signed a 6 months contract with @aladalahclub which was going fine before the pandemic. I couldn’t get a flight back to join the team for the restart of the league. The other option I had was to fly from Cotonou which I got a ticket and I was told no flight.

“Crazy how things turned out to be due to the global pandemic all over the world, but I want to wish you guys all the best in the Future @aladalahclub.

“I’m grateful for all your support and prayers towards me and my Career. It means a lot. Looking forward to what’s next for me.“

Sources close to the Promise Keepers told The Athletic NG that the club are interested and willing to swoop for the powerful midfielder.

The 32-year old is currently a free agent and will command huge salary which is not out of the reach of the oil rich club.

The Athletic NG also understands Akwa United are ready to table up to N1 million as monthly salary for the imposing midfielder.

Coach Kennedy Boboye last month resumed training with Akwa United players last month and are preparing for the up coming season.

https://theathletic.com.ng/exclusive-akwa-united-eye-move-for-super-eagles-midfielder-john-ogu/

Mynd44...
Re: Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by helinues: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
Better than being idle

1 Like

Re: Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by Omihanifa: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
Wetin Akwa United wan carry this one do undecided when talented players full everywhere in Nigeria

Paying as much as 1million a month for a 31yr old in Nigerian league is purely a stupid decision
Re: Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
Is he moving forward or backward,till then I will come back and comment
Re: Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by Hunchogee: 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2020
helinues:
Better than being idle
Yes bro..
Re: Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by Hunchogee: 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
angelusbrut:
Is he moving forward or backward,till then I will come back and comment
Let give attention to our league bro..
Deco, Cafu and even Ronaldinho had done the same moving back to their countries local league..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagle Midfielder To Join Akwa United FC by NkanAkpanika: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Great one. Akwa Ibom is peaceful and lovely for your return..

(1) (Reply)

Leandro Depetris: The Boy Who Could Have Been Lionel Messi / 100,000 Naira to win 200k plus with my 100% trick / Uk Used Hp Intel Core I3 Laptop @ 120k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.