Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,078 members, 7,899,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 09:08 PM

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! (122676 Views)

I Just Got To The Gambia / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / I Urgently Want To Travel To Cyprus This Year, How Possible? Suggestions Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Jus4c: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
Badmuskennis007:

Can I send you an Email, Sir

This forum is a good place to discuss non-personal issues so that everyone can learn. Thankfully, anonymity is preserved if care is well taken.

My apology to the @OP, and everyone in the thread if the path of initial discussion (purpose of which the thread was opened) seems derailed.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by yungchop: 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
Jus4c:

Yes, you can do a top up degree, and use it for admission. However, I will suggest that you use a free WES tool to simulate what your GPA would be on the scale of 4.0. You can do this by inputting you scores in your transcript in the spaces provided in the tools. If you can a have a minimum of 2.7/4.0 or at worst 2.5/4.0, from the free tool, you can now search for schools that offer admission for the range of GPA for your desired program. Having found one, a WES evaluation can be ordered for. This method will save time and money. Be ready to write the GRE, and a very good Statement of Purpose. In the interim, you can google search, 'schools in USA that admit 2.5/4.0 GPA into master's program', you may be amazed about the result that you would get.

Thank you very much bro
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Kubrattt(f): 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hey, look up nyu bridge programs.
sosowater:

Great input.

I have a background in agric and education. Can I change to a core STEM course for my masters through GRE? I'm looking at IT such as Cybersecurity and Data Analytics. If no, what do you advice?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Topshow4real: 2:45am On Dec 24, 2020
Jus4c:

Having a background in Agric and Education is good. There are many schools that offer Agric related course at Master's level, though the nomenclature may be different. It could be Fermentation Science, Animal Science, Agribusisiness, etc. The good thingis it's s STEM course. I will suggest you go for this because of your background; you stand a good chance of funding and admission if you write the GRE. Crossing the bridge first is very important.
IT related courses are very good no doubt, but they are very competitive with respect to admission and funding if you don't have an academic background. Also, the classes you will be taking may not be that easy if you don't have the undergraduate background. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it may prove difficult to cope academically.
If I were you, I would go for a course that is related to my undergraduate degree, get good funding and admission, and cross the bridge. After landing and I feel like going for an IT course, I would now go for one.

Please what about having a background in Estate management?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by sosowater: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2020
Kubrattt:
Hey, look up nyu bridge programs.

Thanks. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by sosowater: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2020
Jus4c:

Having a background in Agric and Education is good. There are many schools that offer Agric related course at Master's level, though the nomenclature may be different. It could be Fermentation Science, Animal Science, Agribusisiness, etc. The good thingis it's s STEM course. I will suggest you go for this because of your background; you stand a good chance of funding and admission if you write the GRE. Crossing the bridge first is very important.
IT related courses are very good no doubt, but they are very competitive with respect to admission and funding if you don't have an academic background. Also, the classes you will be taking may not be that easy if you don't have the undergraduate background. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it may prove difficult to cope academically.
If I were you, I would go for a course that is related to my undergraduate degree, get good funding and admission, and cross the bridge. After landing and I feel like going for an IT course, I would now go for one.

Thanks brother. You're amazing.

Respect!!!!!
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by boyjo: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
Feggie3
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Mike213: 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
komodapson:

Don't you ever try this, go to Emirates airline office and process your visa.

Where is the emirates airline office in Lagos
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Badmuskennis007: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jus4c:

This forum is a good place to discuss non-personal issues so that everyone can learn. Thankfully, anonymity is preserved if care is well taken.

My apology to the @OP, and everyone in the thread if the path of initial discussion (purpose of which the thread was opened) seems derailed.
OKay sir, I just need on tips and anything that can guide in write good personal statement for BSC degree.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Kubrattt(f): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2020
You're welcome smiley
sosowater:

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Topleague(m): 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
na wah o, still no job opportunity yet?
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by aieromon(m): 12:04am On Dec 27, 2020
Topleague:
na wah o, still no job opportunity yet?

Honeymoon season is over.....the race to survive has kicked in.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 6:34am On Dec 27, 2020
got a job ,not a,hard one though.... not a high paying job per say but not hectic and 8 hours

23 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Damian457: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2020
Congratulations bro..

ebuka10box:
got a job ,not a,hard one though.... not a high paying job per say but not hectic and 8 hours

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2020
Damian457:
Congratulations bro..

thanks

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by NONNYG: 6:57am On Dec 27, 2020
ebuka10box:
congratulations, hope they didn't ask you to start work while your visa is in process. It's illegal to work with visit visa & it attracts fine/jail/deportation. Since it's a low paying job, use that as a stepping stone, do some courses that will fetch you a high paying job & upgrade ASAP.

I wish you all the best

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 7:03am On Dec 27, 2020
NONNYG:
congratulations, hope they didn't ask you to start work while your visa is in process. It's illegal to work with visit visa & it attracts fine/jail/deportation. Since it's a low paying job, use that as a stepping stone, do some courses that will fetch you a high paying job & upgrade ASAP.

I wish you all the best
thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 7:06am On Dec 27, 2020
NONNYG:

I wish you all the best
my boss is asking for my passport, should I hand it over to him...he says it needs to be stamped... u have any idea how these things are done
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Awesomefoodie: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2020
ebuka10box:
Congratulations dear. I am happy for you. Pls follow NONNYG advise so you can step up your game.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 7:56am On Dec 27, 2020
Awesomefoodie:

Congratulations dear. I am happy for you. Pls follow NONNYG advise so you can step up your game.
yeah I will,thanks

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by NONNYG: 8:02am On Dec 27, 2020
ebuka10box:
my boss is asking for my passport, should I hand it over to him...he says it needs to be stamped... u have any idea how these things are done
he need your passport after you have gotten 2 months employment visa, that's when you will go for medical and he will process 2/3 years residence visa
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by boyjo: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
Silver247:

Which kyn talk be dis na���

Na she be the village person gan.
Better thread like this, she just wan spoil am.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by boyjo: 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
iamloyalty:

With your tune you are obviously the bigger fool.

Madam, before you arrived here with the negative vibe, we were enjoying an educative thread.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by boyjo: 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jus4c:

Lol, why do you keep apologising?
We are enjoying the discussion.

People are asking you questions, not fighting you.

That should be a good sign undecided
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
This thread should be closed!! The OP has refused to update. But before he travelled he was all over the place begging for information now that he has successfully travelled he has refused to help others with information.

This is why helping Nigerians with info has no benefits...

The OP was just an opportunisist!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Freedomfsl: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
TysonsCorner:
This thread should be closed!! The OP has refused to update. But before he travelled he was all over the place begging for information now that he has successfully travelled he has refused to help others with information.

You must be frustrated in life.
He is an opportunist because he is not updating every moment of his life.

He didn't go to Dubai on vacation... He needs to find a job and settle in.

.... Get a life

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by Abcruz(m): 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
ebuka10box:

Congrats! More wins to you.
Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
Freedomfsl:

You must be frustrated in life.
He is an opportunist because he is not updating every moment of his life.

He didn't go to Dubai on vacation... He needs to find a job and settle in.

.... Get a life
my brother I tire oooo

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
TysonsCorner:

brother what info do u want

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
I got called up for 3 jobs I Applied online ,not really high paying but it's reasonable... I didn't pay any agent a dime so u can apply for jobs online and u will be contacted

9 Likes

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by peeps4u: 12:01am On Dec 28, 2020
ebuka10box:
I got called up for 3 jobs I Applied online ,not really high paying but it's reasonable... I didn't pay any agent a dime so u can apply for jobs online and u will be contacted

Good luck. Please be more concerned about a job/employer that will rpobably extend your visa for 2 years or so. It is better you get an employer that pays moderate salaru and extends your visa than and employer that pays higher amount but eventually watches your visit visa runs out.

Good luck, once again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! by ebuka10box(m): 5:29am On Dec 28, 2020
peeps4u:

Good luck. Please be more concerned about a job/employer that will rpobably extend your visa for 2 years or so. It is better you get an employer that pays moderate salaru and extends your visa than and employer that pays higher amount but eventually watches your visit visa runs out.

Good luck, once again.
thanks, I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.