Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,287 members, 7,887,835 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:52 PM

Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria (260 Views)

Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce / EFCC Operatives Storm Osun To Curb Vote Buying - (Photos) / Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by Omotosokt(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2020
Vote buying has given so much confident to Nigeria politicians,they think if they can give crumbs,#5000 to nigeria youth they will have their ways.it gives me so much concerns when I see some youths being used to share this money on election day and later calling them lazy youths.It is high time now we Nigeria youth devise the same strategy we devised to retrieve our palliative hoarded by these buffoons.Let us synergize to take this money forcefully from whosoever is assigned to share the money in any polling unit ,i believe this will send a warning light to them and make them stop vote buying.
May God bless Nigeria youths and Nigeria will be great again.This is my opinion
Re: Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by Rugaria: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2020
"Vote buying" is not the only way elections are rigged in Nigeria. It's just a belated process used when the main styles start to fail.. Rigging in Nigerias elections take far
more sophisticated processes, not just by "vote buying". The idea that vote buying dictates winners during election contests is as far as I'm concerned, diversionary. Its like saying that generator sellers are responsible for power shortages in Nigeria. Things go deeper... Elections are totally rigged in Nigeria, most times even before the voting starts.

From the moment the president appoints the INEC chief amenable to his interests, the process of rigging is on. The next is to appoint police chiefs and army commanders with laid down plans to protect "pro-establishment riggers" and to destroy opposition forces. From there, they move into the distribution of resources for the job, to political heavyweights domiciled around the intended target environment. Their jobs are simple; laise with electoral officials already compromised from source by the heads of either the state or federal electoral body, to do the needful in different hotel rooms while the uniformed men and allied party thugs prance around to provide cover.

Inside the hotel rooms, ballot boxes supplied by compromised electoral officials are vigorously stuffed with thumb printed election papers till favoured numbers are arrived at. All these while ordinary people are standing in the sun, voting in an election that will not count, because their votes will surely end up in a dustbin somewhere... Thumbprinting over, "results" are announced by the electoral head and you are thereafter enjoined to go to court and seek redress if you are not happy with the results. .. To courts flooded by partisan judges appointed by the same people who appointed the electoral heads that ruined the elections! To stop these, you need to find ways of removing the powers to appoint judges and electoral heads from politicians in Nigeria! Maybe such practices worked elsewhere, but it seldom works in Nigeria.?
Re: Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by oguns222: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2020
Rugaria:
"Vote buying" is not the only way elections are rigged in Nigeria. It's just a belated process used when the main styles start to fail.. Rigging in Nigerias elections take far
more sophisticated processes, not just by "vote buying". The idea that vote buying dictates winners during election contests is as far as I'm concerned, diversionary. Its like saying that generator sellers are responsible for power shortages in Nigeria. Things go deeper... Elections are totally rigged in Nigeria, most times even before the voting starts.

From the moment the president appoints the INEC chief amenable to his interests, the process of rigging is on. The next is to appoint police chiefs and army commanders with laid down plans to protect "pro-establishment riggers" and to destroy opposition forces. From there, they move into the distribution of resources for the job, to political heavyweights domiciled around the intended target environment. Their jobs are simple; laise with electoral officials already compromised from source by the heads of either the state or federal electoral body, to do the needful in different hotel rooms while the uniformed men and allied party thugs prance around to provide cover.

Inside the hotel rooms, ballot boxes supplied by compromised electoral officials are vigorously stuffed with thumb printed election papers till favoured numbers are arrived at. All these while ordinary people are standing in the sun, voting in an election that will not count, because their votes will surely end up in a dustbin somewhere... Thumbprinting over, "results" are announced by the electoral head and you are thereafter enjoined to go to court and seek redress if you are not happy with the results. .. To courts flooded by partisan judges appointed by the same people who appointed the electoral heads that ruined the elections! To stop these, you need to find ways of removing the powers to appoint judges and electoral heads from politicians in Nigeria! Maybe such practices worked elsewhere, but it seldom works in Nigeria.?

I think entities like dukeprince50 need to read this comment.

America has a reliable judicial system and it's Presidents dare not disobey court orders.

But Buhari has wantonly disobeyed court orders and rendered the masses weak, frustrated and disoriented.

When your president disobeys court orders, rig elections and murder unarmed protesters and still get away with murder, how do you expect the people to fix anything? How do you expect them to call such a country good names?

When a region sees itself as a god over other regions and the court of law and national assembly are helpless, do you really expect the common man to be happy with such a country?

Your comparison of Nigeria with the US is daft at best.
Re: Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by dukeprince50: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2020
oguns222:

America has a reliable judicial system and it's Presidents dare not disobey court orders.

But Buhari has wantonly disobeyed court orders and rendered the masses weak, frustrated and disoriented.

When your president disobeys court orders, rig elections and murder unarmed protesters and still get away with murder, how do you expect the people to fix anything? How do you expect them to call such a country good names?

When a region sees itself as a god over other regions and the court of law and national assembly are helpless, do you really expect the common man to be happy with such a country?

I never compare the two countries, we all hate our politicians but unlike u, I don't hate my country cos my country didn't put us in this situation, rather we put it in the situation it is today. The difference between Nigeria and America is its people, The country has done better than Israel and Dubai, even America by giving us resources and climate far better than those countries but the people has mismanaged it
Re: Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by tollyboy5(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2020
oguns222:

do you really expect the common man to be happy with such a country?

To make any reasonable change in this country we need to get hold of the legislative power.
Re: Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by oguns222: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2020
dukeprince50:
I never compare the two countries, we all hate our politicians but unlike u, I don't hate my country cos my country didn't put us in this situation, rather we put it in the situation it is today. The difference between Nigeria and America is its people, The country has done better than Israel and Dubai, even America by giving us resources and climate far better than those countries but the people has mismanaged it

And who dictates how the country is if not the politicians?

Americans can say "God bless America" because American politicians have put institutions in place to make the country work. Is there such an institution in Nigeria? Are the politicians doing anything to make things work? Are they giving the common man any hope? Are they not giving him frustration?

Be sincere to yourself, how can any common man fix anything in this country as it is? Have you asked yourself why Nigerians prosper abroad more than they do at home?

Look around you and lie to yourself that there is any reason to love this country.

Those unarmed protesters that showed love for the country, what did Buhari, buratai and the politicians do to them? They murdered them in cold blood!

So, mention how anyone can fix anything in this current Nigerian situation.

So, stop comparing Nigeria to the United States. They are not the same.
Re: Strategic Ways To Curb Vote Buying In Nigeria by oguns222: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2020
tollyboy5:

To make any reasonable change in this country we need to get hold of the legislative power.

With the current crop of politicians and security forces that have no regard for legality or human right, how can we ever get hold of the legislative power?

Do not also forget the power of godfatherism and the frustrating rigging machine.

(1) (Reply)

Enough Of The Borrowing. Nigerians Should Please Speak Out / Most Businesses Looted, Destroyed Were Igbo Owned / Finally Biden Has Been Notified Of The Set-up Of Transition Committe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.