Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,817 members, 7,872,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

Abortion Should Be Legalized. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abortion Should Be Legalized. (12865 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) / Why Homo_sexuality Should Be Legalized. / 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
I'll tell all those unwilling mother's to start abandoning children at your doorstep since you are their defender

Just type your address here.

You will soon be mother of nations
there should be other solutions apart from murder, fear God.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
A pregnancy, and a baby are 2 different things
A baby is a living human a pregnancy is also a living human, abortion is murder.
Go back to basic biology
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 8:51am On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
abortion is not murder biko!!
then what is abortion?
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Emarvel:

If they give birth, will you cater for the child?
Will you be held responsible if she dies during the process? Definitely I'll be responsible for my own child.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 8:59am On Nov 06, 2020
ePoster:
Religious leaders have been give enough time to reduce fornication.
They haven't and for some insane reason, it now seems as though the youths engage in premarital sex more.
Christianity hasn't helped a bit. Would you embrace celibacy because of your pastor?
No.
So when you go about impregnating females, allow them the option of getting rid of the burden you would dump on her.
You thing childbirth is easy? Majority of Nigerian men are so entitled.
What a daft comment? Is it religious leaders that will reduce fornication? When you advertise sex from morning till night, encourage/support sexual immoralities, when you deride religious/secular programmes aimed at encouraging decency what do you think will be the end product?
Somehow it is the innocent babies that are to pay the price.
The weak and the vulnerable always become the scape goat for the errors of the strong and mighty.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
what child?

A tumor is also living. Does that mean that it should not be removed?
Tumor is never children, and never would be.

A mango seedling and a mango tree, both are different but, are phases and also living. An unborn child is also a living being and capable of dieing. I don't see why a responsible person would kill her unborn child.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2020
livingchrist:
then what is abortion?
an abortion is the termination of products of conception due to any reason especially if it is less than 500g in weight.

Misscarriages are also abortions too. So are you saying all women who undergo a miscarriage are guilty of manslaughter?

4 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Tumor is never children, and never would be.

A mango seedling and a mango tree, both are different but, are phases and also living. An unborn child is also a living being and capable of dieing. I don't see why a responsible person would kill her unborn child.
but tumors are also living things. Or is the life of a tumor or mango less important? Didn't God create all living things?

4 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
but tumors are also living things. Or is the life of a tumor or mango less important? Didn't God create all living things?
Define tumor and define an unborn child. I will Google both, just in case I give a wrong answer, I may be corrected.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2020
I am and have always been "Pro-choice". Anytime, any day. cool
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Ahappy: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2020
This should make front page........

4 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2020
I swear person wey get sense for nairaland few. smiley

God go make you realize some certain things about life, discussing nonsense with pride, smiley
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Twelfthman: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2020
ePoster:
smiley it's better to get rid of a embryo than give birth to a child who would suffer.

So in other words it is better to KILL an unborn child than give birth to it. Don't sugarcoat or twist it. It is murder!
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by darlington15(m): 9:45am On Nov 06, 2020
Op ,this one you de yarn na nonsense,imagine hearing from your parents say them be wan abort you,u go de happy?
U come here de spill trash
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 06, 2020
livingchrist:
And I ask you murdering them is the best right?
From your logic there are millions of poor people in the world so government should start killing them smh
Why would any sane person bring a child into the world when you cannot adequately cater for him/her?Don't you guys think?Abortion is simply giving women a choice in something that will affect them for as long as they live.One would think childbirth is going out of fashion the way Nigerians breed like rats.
Sex education as a whole should be included and made compulsory in schools and contraceptives also should be made widely available. Abortion will be a last resort where the aforementioned has failed.

4 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2020
Ahappy:
This should make front page........
For real it should. Nigeria should be the best country in the world if only these religious hypocrites weren't so hypocritical. Condemning abortion and abandoning the children to their fate.

Lalasticlala this is FP material

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by oyemomilara: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2020
Some people are shallow sha. Please, what's the difference between abortion and murder? Tell me. If you say one is the removal of foetus and the other is taking the life of a human being, that I would know that you are senile and inept in thinking. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by oyemomilara: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2020
[quote au
oyemomilara:
Some people are shallow sha. Please, what's the difference between abortion and murder? Tell me. If you say one is the removal of foetus and the other is taking the life of a human being, that I would know that you are senile and inept in thinking. Nonsense!
thor=MhisTahrah post=95743500] Why would any sane person bring a child into the world when you cannot adequately cater for him/her?Don't you guys think?Abortion is simply giving women a choice in something that will affect them for as long as they live.One would think childbirth is going out of fashion the way Nigerians breed like rats.
Sex education as a whole should be included and made compulsory in schools and contraceptives also should be made widely available. Abortion will be a last resort where the aforementioned has failed.[/quote]

Giving women choice in something that would affect them for as long as they live? Why not give the foetus a choice too?? A foetus is alive and can breathe. Hope you know that? Helpless as it is, it is human and it is living. Ori yin o pe rara o

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Excessnation: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2020
How many of them has your church been able to take care of
Shortyy:

They should give birth to the baby, and as they might not be financially ready to take care of the child, the child should be taken care of by the Church until the mother is ready.

A child is a gift, no matter how it came about.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Hermes119: 10:59am On Nov 06, 2020
Twelfthman:

So in other words it is better to KILL an unborn child than give birth to it. Don't sugarcoat or twist it. It is murder!

When u people use the word "Kill" or "Murder" I just wonder. If a foetus is the same as a human then it should be able to survive on its own just like humans. You guys make it look like they twist its neck or strangle it to death. In all forms of abortion what the drugs or the doctor(if it involves a surgical procedure) do is to simply bring the human(as you would love to call it) out of the woman's body. Which part am I missing ?

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Excessnation: 11:07am On Nov 06, 2020
Show me a scripture in the Bible that is against abortion
livingchrist:
you are contradicting yourself, you said the church is a moral compass yet at the same time against the church preaching against fornication and abortion/murder?

If fornication reduces, will it not eliminate the need for abortion or you want fornication to increase so you can spill innocent child's blood.
Something tells me you are a medical practitioner who benefits from murder/ abortion you have to repent madam.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Excessnation: 11:16am On Nov 06, 2020
Damn!!! You allowed religion to cloud your reasoning.
elipheleh:

Wow. So a devilish agent has found a way to blame innjocent babies and tag babies as rapists, serial killers, hoodlums, murderers. Etc

For your information the above mentioned are adults like you, not babies.

Adults are the problems of this world. If any one should be killed for this world's wrong, it's adults like you who are murderers, killers of babies, inconsiderate, unacommodating, evil minded and ritualists .
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Excessnation: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2020
Abortion should be legalized in Nigeria. If your religion doesn’t support it, then don’t do it. After all Christians are not the only ones in Nigeria. All the anti-abortion agents I hope you all are taking care of children that were given birth to in this circumstance.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Excessnation: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2020
Even in the Bible, there is no where abortion was said to be a sin. You all have allowed your religion to cloud your reasoning.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Uthman122: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2020
virginprincess:
Abortion should never ever be legalised in this part of the world ,here are my reasons. 1) If abortion is legalised in nigeria that means the rate of forunication and corruption would go high, some people don't forunicate for fear of pregnancy. 2) The death rate of young girls would sky rocket, because we have many quack doctors and abortion kills. 3) It is a very big sin before God, and no religion should encourage abortion, the girl, the boy, and the doctor are all murders in the sight of both man and God. I hope with these few point of mine, have being able to convise you and not confuse you that abortion should never be legalise in nigeria.

On your second part you're wrong, abortion isn't legal but still people get drugs and meet doctors off the books to get an abortion, but if abortion is legal it'll encourage people to go to more experienced doctors to ensure that it's done properly and just like every other surgery or treatment some might not be successful.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 11:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Sorry o I was just passing through, ah omo people dey support abortion regardless of anything okay

Me o if u want to legalize abortion please rape should b legalize too as well.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
an abortion is the termination of products of conception due to any reason especially if it is less than 500g in weight.

Misscarriages are also abortions too. So are you saying all women who undergo a miscarriage are guilty of manslaughter?
clarify, what is the product of conception is it poo?
Does weight determine what should be a living human or not?
Miscarriages are accidental deaths of fetus not murder.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Afostev11(m): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2020
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

No one is forced to have an abortion.

It's a choice and therefore should be legal.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.
Our society is one that condemns single-motherhood...

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?
Your morals shouldn't dictate what others 'can' and 'can not' do.

Your faith doesn't permit abortion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

Killing of an unborn baby hurts your heart?

Too bad! No one lives their life for you. Deal with the bitter truth!

People have the right to make decisions that wouldn't favor you.
may be ur mother for no born u ooo
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Hermes119: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2020
My thoughts on this(Religion aside)

It might be a long read so I would just give an abstract and u can read the rest if u want. Abortion is a case of interest. One has to prioritize the life of the foetus or the comfort and life of the mother. I would prioritize the latter and this is just considering it as a matter of bringing in a human being into the world,going beyond that are other issues such as the welfare of the child,the implications it has on the mother and the society as well.
I think Abortion (wilful termination of pregnancy) should be avoided as much as possible because of the health implications and of course the psychological distress it might cause depending on the individual involved and of course the supposed threat it poses to the SANCTITY OF LIFE. However whether we like it or not people get unwanted pregnancies and as much as we can try to dissuade people from avoiding conditions that leads to that happening it still occurs. An unborn baby,foetus,pregnancy, pregnant tissue,whatever u want to call it may be seen as a human being based on biological classification but it IS NOT fully developed yet so it can not carry out the basic functions every human can carry out,so at best it is a potential person but it is not a person yet. It is important I state that I am an atheist and my source of morality is strictly based on PROS and CONS. If a particularly act given the circumstances it is carried out yields more benefit than harm then I regarded it as GOOD and vice versa. Now in the case of abortion,obviously a life is taken in the process,an undeveloped human dies but I consider this a better option than ruining the life of the woman, carrying the pregnancy to full term poses a lot of risk to the mother,delivery also does and this is not even up for argument check the number of woman who die during childbearing. The reason we don't consider the harm a pregnancy and parturition poses to the mother is because the reason for delivering the baby outweighs the risk in most cases,however in the case of an unwanted pregnancy all these risks come to light,and beyond delivery there is a responsibility on the woman to raise the child,some people can argue that rather than abort,the woman can have the child and give up the responsibility to the government or other institution or straight up abandon the child in a non-hostile condition at least. So simply considering the CONs involved in carrying an unwanted pregnancy and during delivery (assuming that's all the CONs the woman faces) I would still say that the PROs for abortion outweighs the CONs in most circumstances. And let's also consider that in a society where abortion is illegal women are even more endangered to losing their life while trying to remove the pregnancy,and of course I didn't consider that in most cases when a woman unfit or unprepared to have a child bears one it almost certainly ruins her life and the child is brought into the world to suffer,the child may not be well raised and may turn to become a menace to the society.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Why would any sane person bring a child into the world when you cannot adequately cater for him/her?Don't you guys think?Abortion is simply giving women a choice in something that will affect them for as long as they live.One would think childbirth is going out of fashion the way Nigerians breed like rats.
Sex education as a whole should be included and made compulsory in schools and contraceptives also should be made widely available. Abortion will be a last resort where the aforementioned has failed.
so if any insane person brings a child into the world the solution would be to murder the child right?
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 11:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Hermes119:

When u people use the word "Kill" or "Murder" I just wonder. If a foetus is the same as a human then it should be able to survive on its own just like humans. You guys make it look like they twist its neck or strangle it to death. In all forms of abortion what the drugs or the doctor(if it involves a surgical procedure) do is to simply bring the human(as you would love to call it) out of the woman's body. Which part am I missing ?
A foetus is not a human because it cannot survive on it's own, going by your logic babies are not human beings because they cannot survive on the own.
Human life start at where? In the womb or outside the womb.
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Guys!!! What Do You Think About This Lady's Ass Transformation (photos) / The Real Implication Of Sex Doll / Handsomeness Of Nairaland Dudes-part Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.