Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) (24636 Views)

Food Concepts PLC (owners Of Chicken Republic) / Food Concepts Plc (owners Of Chicken Republic) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Food Concepts Plc (Chicken Republic) Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Raychee(f): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

Stop hiding Behind a nameless and faceless site to try and pull others down!!! Are you an employer of labor in Nigeria? If you are, you’ll understand that any graduate who accepts that kind of job is just passing time until their dream job comes. They have a lackadaisical attitude and let you know they are only doing this out of necessity. The graduates are actually better than those who stopped at secondary school for one reason or the other. Those ones act like you have to give them a tip bigger than their attitude. I hate to hear the question “anything for the boys?’ A security man does the job he is paid for, and asks the question. A lady serves you while having a conversation with another person. The conversation is too interesting to take a pause and do her job, but still expects a tip. If you’re a guy, she focuses on you with her widest beam, hoping you’ll give her your card. The guys that work in these places are sometimes gigolos. They don’t do anything to improve themselves, but complain about their employers, the customers that are not giving them large enough tips, the men that are stingy.... I agree it is not all of them that are so unfocused. Once in a while, I come across a decent hardworking person and I usually compliment them on this especially in front of their employers. So, stop trying to badmouth this establishment. You sound like a disgruntled former employee of theirs.

Jezebel angry How do you expect an underpaid employee to be at their best behaviour? Can an adult survive comfortably and work at optimum with that amount of money? Can you? Because they took the job out of necessity doesn't mean they should be exploited and the fact that the company can afford to pay them more and still choose not to is very wicked. I hope one of them spits in your food one of these days.

8 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Lovinghauwa: 8:31am On Nov 07, 2020
Well I know the NLC won't do anything about this, once you bribe them they stay out of their way.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2020
sweetrace:

I just Saw what you wrote about tax remittance! Are you not a little busybody! Who do you think you’re talking to? Do you work for the tax office? Have you paid your taxes? Please put a copy of your tax card here so we can check! Stop trying so hard to seek relevance by trying to pull others down. Even the employees of these organizations won’t thank you. When you interfere so much and get them fired, you’ll tuck your tail in between your legs and move to look for other lives to destroy while they suffer. Go and register a legitimate business and do something useful with your life.

Don't worry, this thread will be updated with informations as we uncover more.

We'll also protect every employee who has shared good informations with us.

Their names or the outlet they work for won't be mentioned.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nnekaike(f): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
must you work there Why stay for long too.
I don't work there, but some people who work there have stayed that long obviously because of the condition of the country and I feel for them.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Stevenbright(m): 9:23am On Nov 07, 2020
Shortyy:

Which injustice? I'm just telling you how the place works. The amount I mentioned there are monthly salaries. Abi you don't know what monthly salary is again? It is what they're paid monthly. Like their monthly allowance.

What he meant is thus:

Is it after tax (net salary) or before tax (gross salary).
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nnekaike(f): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2020
dazzlingd:

I feel irritated reading this kind of comment.
You are part of the disease eating humanity.
Where people at the top treat those below them like shiits.
The poor economy in the country has led to cheap labour more like slavery, harsh working conditions and inhuman employers who feel that employees have no choice than to bear
It is really sad,some HR will tell you if you can't continue with the pay then resign! it is wicked,toxic and evil.We are our own problem in this country.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 10:06am On Nov 07, 2020
ajaymina:

Take one crate of mortuary standard cold Heineken and cow tail pepper soup for my head.

U na real G!
Hahahahjaa
https://www.nairaland.com/6238029/football-general-sports-betting-rebirth
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by sweetrace(f): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

Don't worry, this thread will be updated with informations as we uncover more.

We'll also protect every employee who has shared good informations with us.

Their names or the outlet they work for won't be mentioned.

So because I don’t agree with you, I’m supposed to be the owner of the establishment you are witch-hunting? If they sacked you, why don’t you take the time to work on improving yourself or getting a job you actually like? Why do some of you decide to use Nairaland and social media to tear others down? This reeks of sour grapes.
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by rexchazy(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2020
It not just the fast food industry, it in every industry from manufacturing, to IT to agriculture to construction name it
IkennaOkongwu:
I have been running a covert investigation on this organisation since i touched down Nigeria.

I have interviewed with many of its workers in different states and outlets.

It's no news that this organisation exploits our flooded market with Graduates and dysfunctional labour policies.

No Job security as staffs are fired anyhow and thus, explains why they recruit everyday.

Do not fall for their antics. They use and dump.

No Adequate staff warefare - People are being paid 27-28k Every month to work 6days in a week, in a non conducive environment, No public Holidays? why are we just being wicked as a nation?

Food Concepts Plc rakes in billions for investors every year yet their staffs are least paid.

It may interest you that Behind those fake " Nice - Nice gestures " are very unhappy workers willing to leave. If you doubt, walk into any of their outlets and ask anyone willing to talk if they're happy working there.

We will be updating this thread as we uncover more informations

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by jefy(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

You definitely work with them...

Do not worry, we have pictures of what you call the free foods.

Even animals are not fed that.

Your staff aren't allowed to eat the restaurant's meal.
You rather contract to roadside food vendors who in return underportion or cook meals not suitable for even dogs.

Prove me wrong!

We have our evidences as some of your staff have been helpful with informations.

Lol, i have had the opportunity of working in their bakery for just a day here in Port Harcourt, and i can assure you, it was hell on earth, just like a prison. I was offered that miserable dog's meal and i rejected it. The young workers there pleaded with me to eat, but i handed over my portion to a young fellow who worked with the bread slicing machine. No breaks inbetween, i worked from 7am to 7pm nonstop, stacking loaves of bread. You cant even go out, get something to eat or even make a phone call. I got home late at night and boy, i was broken. I stoped to think how people suffer just to earn a living on a daily basis, and i wondered how these workers go by each day with that sort of working conditions..the manager even refused to let me in on my take home pay, saying i will have to work for free for 3 days before they will give me all the information i seek concerning pay. Shocked, but i decided to give a try, just to see for my self how the work looked like. As soon as i got into the bakery clad with a dirty white uniform offered to me, i relinquished my freedom. Cut the long story short, i got the experience i seek and vowed never to return there. Its a sheet hole in most of these factories, people are constantly been enslaved all in the name of seeking for jobs and been employed. Please you guys should do all you can to arrest this situation, and those found wanting should face the music. I forgot to say this, they rather allow their bread �to spoil than offer a loaf to their deligent and commited workers. Bad experience i must say......some work hard,but working in their bakery is like doing hard labour in kirikiri.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by djflexcy: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2020
jefy:

Lol, i have had the opportunity of working in their bakery for just a day here in Port Harcourt, and i can assure you, it was hell on earth, just like a prison. I was offered that miserable dog's meal and i rejected it. The young workers there pleaded with me to eat, but i handed over my portion to a young fellow who worked with the bread slicing machine. No breaks inbetween, i worked from 7am to 7pm nonstop, stacking loaves of bread. You cant even go out, get something to eat or even make a phone call. I got home late at night and boy, i was broken. I stoped to think how people suffer just to earn a living on a daily basis, and i wondered how these workers go by each day with that sort of working conditions..the manager even refused to let me in on my take home pay, saying i will have to work for free for 3 days before they will give me all the information i seek concerning pay. Shocked, but i decided to give a try, just to see for my self how the work looked like. As soon as i got into the bakery clad with a dirty white uniform offered to me, i relinquished my freedom. Cut the long story short, i got the experience i seek and vowed never to return there. Its a sheet hole in most of these factories, people are constantly been enslaved all in the name of seeking for jobs and been employed. Please you guys should do all you can to arrest this situation, and those found wanting should face the music. I forgot to say this, they rather allow their bread �to spoil than offer a loaf to their deligent and commited workers. Bad experience i must say......some work hard,but working in their bakery is like doing hard labour in kirikiri.....
Same thing with their restaurants you dere not eat the food, they prefer to waste the food the next day than giving it to their staff for consumption if one is been caught! Sack or you pay for the said food you ate x2

3 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
djflexcy:

Same thing with their restaurants you dere not eat the food, they prefer to waste the food the next day than giving it to their staff for consumption if one is been caught! Sack or you pay for the said food you ate x2

Hmmmm....

Have you worked with them?

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by djflexcy: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
IkennaOkongwu:

Hmmmm....
Have you worked with them?
Yes for one month
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Gerrard59(m): 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
nengibo:

For me there is no need to feed staff from the food sef, just pay them well, I'm sure they will more than break even with 50k net if they make 1.5m daily

You know this because you are her auditor?
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nengibo: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2020
Gerrard59:

You know this because you are her auditor?
1.5 million daily is 45 million in a 30 day month, 50k for 20 persons is 1 million bros, another 10 mill for maintainance and inventory at most, abi another thing day

3 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Gerrard59(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Well, in the first place, it is not universities' graduates that should work in such establishments rather students who do part time work in places where the economy is functioning. There are way too many hands who are willing to work in Food Concepts for even half the salary and as a business, the operators will prefer to pay lower salaries because the market favours them to do so. Also, the restaurant industry has one of the tiniest profits' margins you think of even when compared to the aviation industry. For that reason, businesses aim to reduce costs as much as possible and worst still in a place where the purchasing power keeps declining rather increasing. Nigeria does not receive tourists than say Ghana or Kenya let alone South Africa where such businesses can depend on foreigners who bring in hard currencies to spend in their establishments.

The cost of doing business is very high in Nigeria meanwhile the purchasing power keeps dwindling yet you expect businesses to pay her employees more than she generates. Have you gone through her books? Do you know the loans she is owing? The cost of maintaining the business all through? Do you expect a business to pay her employees more than she makes? I hold no brief for FC, I even wrote her test (for writing sake) before japaing. However, I understand the cost of doing business in a place like Nigeria and also know that a business cannot pay her employees more than she generates. If you want better emolument, there are 2 things involved:

- Massive retrenchment of staff
- Higher prices of their products
Number 2 is not possible. Nigeria has more poor people than anywhere in the world. The industry is noted for tin profit margins. Number 1 is not possible because of the industry dynamics and the sub-sector she operates in (mass market. iPhone vs Tecno sort of thing). What choices do existing employees have?

- Leave the job and apply to a bigger role. See it as a means to an end not the end.
- Continue with the job and do it diligently knowing that a business cannot pay her employees more than she generates.

Capitalism and simple economics.

2 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Gerrard59(m): 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
nengibo:

1.5 million daily is 45 million in a 30 day month, 50k for 20 persons is 1 million bros, another 10 mill for maintainance and inventory at most, abi another thing day

Fantastic!

Now, open your restaurant and do as you say.

Best wishes!

No loans to pay, taxes (punitive and multiple), profits to replough etc. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nengibo: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
Gerrard59:

Fantastic!

Now, open your restaurant and do as you say.

Best wishes!

No loans to pay, taxes (punitive and multiple), profits to replough etc. grin
If they're not profitable let them close shop and stop exploiting our youths, it's that simple

1 Like

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by petroldollar: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
petroldollar:
I need job in Abuja, someone shud help me before i commit suicide, the frustration is killing me already.
Biko ooo
ASUU no wan call of strike make i graduate in peace
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Gerrard59(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
nengibo:

If they're not profitable let them close shop and stop exploiting our youths, it's that simple

Then. there would be no businesses left in Nigeria. Cost of doing business is high; lots of unemployed but ready hands; economic growth of max. 3% in a country where population growth has been 4%+ within the past five years.

I don't know where you expect magic
Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by IkennaOkongwu: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
So, we finally got the details of the executive team.

Nice to see they are all looking happy.

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by ednut1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
uboma, davide470 time to lock this thread. This is nothing but a disgruntled staff. Same moniker name with a top executive. Walmart is the biggest and most profitable grocery store in North America but still pays minimum wage. Omo if the job no favor you. Waka na

2 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by nengibo: 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Gerrard59:

Then. there would be no businesses left in Nigeria. Cost of doing business is high; lots of unemployed but ready hands; economic growth of max. 3% in a country where population growth has been 4%+ within the past five years.

I don't know where you expect magic

Die that useless capping, cost of doing business is transferred to the customer its not an ngo, a lot of businesses even small than chicken republic that has a National chain pay better, stop making excuses for evil capitalist who see workers welfare as a means to increase profits

2 Likes

Re: Why Employees don't last at FOOD CONCEPTS Plc(owners Of Chicken Republic) by Gerrard59(m): 8:20am On Nov 08, 2020
nengibo:

Die that useless capping, cost of doing business is transferred to the customer its not an ngo, a lot of businesses even small than chicken republic that has a National chain pay better, stop making excuses for evil capitalist who see workers welfare as a means to increase profits

If there weren't an army of unemployed youths seeking jobs no matter the working conditions and renumeration, FC wouldn't be doing what she's being accused of.

Like I mentioned:

Gerrard59:
If you want better emolument, there are 2 things involved:

- Leave the job and apply to a bigger role. See it as a means to an end not the end.
- Continue with the job and do it diligently knowing that a business cannot pay her employees more than she generates.

Capitalism and simple economics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please / I Just Landed A New Job / Is GNLD Now Dealing With Touts, Illiterates Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.