Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,022 members, 7,890,358 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:59 PM

10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall (1090 Views)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / Must Watch Video: Gmb Plots Gej Downfall / How Patience Is Unknowingly Plotting Gej's Downfall In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 2:19am On Mar 15, 2011
1. Cancellation of the contract for the dredging ofd river Niger. despite yaradua having paid out over 65% of the contract.

2. Absolution of MEND of the oct 1st bomb blast. the nation forgave him and even made a mockery of IBB- international bomb blast.

3. Prayer for Bomb blast Terrorist to confess.

4. No action on Jos killings (massacre), not even a fierce speech let alone the much demanded declaring state of emergency.

5. The "manner " in which he awarded the Enugu airport. of which he ended up "building " only a tarmac!.

6. Building 6 (9) NEW UNIVERSITIES [/b]at a time the existing ones are so so underfunded, in dire need of upgrades, falling steeply into comatose.

6b.  at a time when the private sector is willing and ready to invest in the sector. There re currently over 200 pending application for university licences.

7.  Gave Ojukwu a slight at Aso rock - ok, a slight is not a crime, but to the personality in question, that showed disrespect and arrogance. To igbo.
then for him crawling back to Enugu to patronize the same man without a foremost public apology was outright arrogance as well, then appointing Bianca an adviser on diaspora .  .  . what a joke. The post as well was a denigrate to Igbos, a rank that was beneath the personality of the wife of an IKENGA!

7b.  ok, forget ojukwu case one cud connote the Bianca appointment as the appease. But calling the whole leaders and elders of another Tribe, the Yorubas, [b]RASCALs !!

Now, forget our nairaland tribal bashing, t.it-a-tat, that statement is an insult. it took him almost a week to even think abt modifying the statement. Another disregard.

point 7 shows he has no respect. plus, kneeing before adeboye in the presence of national and international media to make a circus of adeboye and the prayer was as well an INSULT TO PRAYER, and PRAYERHOOD

8.  His depletion ( yes, its come up again- thanks to libya) of our foreign reserve and reckless mismanagement of our budget and ECA with nothing to show for it.
power is still at below 4000 out of 16000 needed.
b. 10 BILLION  for oct 1st celebration. [ Ex-fisherman spending money like he was formally Dangote]

9. His exponentially manifestation of his buffoonish and ODE[/b]ciousness
[b]a.
his succumb[/b]tion to JEGA's wastefulness,  improvidence and outright thriftless.-  96 billion for voter's registration plus additional 6 billion for??
b. his Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Ojukwu Ekwueme Jonathan campaign biscuit.
c. PHD holder scared of a debate.
d.   

[b]10. His Kitchen cabinet, advisers and appointees ;

a. Aganga- a Goldman sachs what ? that sold our bond at an interest rate that was higher than Ghana's, S.A, Yemen's, Pakistani's even AFGHANISTAN  was just a percent below somaliland's (SML is not even a country) . so Afghan is now more investment safer than Nigeria ? NO!. just Aganga's ssilliness- wanted it to be over-subscribed, to prove to our ODEchukwu that he was working.  bond for $500million, what is 500million wey we no get ? ibori alone can dish that out without shaking

b[b]. orubede[/b] - a heavy ethnic bigot that led the " I DON FINISH THE JOB WEY DOKPESI SEND US, COME TO IBB CAMPAIGN OFFICE MAKE I GIST U. NO FORGET COLLECT OUR BALANCE". was against appointing ribadu and the economic whiz persons of obj.

c. his present Information minister- "THANK U FOR BRINGING FACEBOOK TO NIGERIA"
d. His special adviser on ****, that is campaigning against the FOI bill
e. his appointment of Ihejirika - army chief. what kind of army chief is he, no statement, no speech, no noise. no plans.
f. his oversight in the dubious promotion of the appeal court judge. vis-a-viz gearing up for rigging.
g. His I.G of police. an AIG that over-saw, and coordinated the business of kidnapping in Aba.
h. His squashing of all but one charges against Mustafa (rogers).
i.  his and party's celebration of corruption- Bode George, stopping the extradition of Ibori to UK, cecelia ibru.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by ekubear1: 2:26am On Mar 15, 2011
macjive01:

1. Cancellation of the contract for the dredging ofd river Niger. despite yaradua having paid out over 65% of the contract.

Reference for this? Why would he do that Makes zero sense.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 2:37am On Mar 15, 2011
most bayelsan have always harbored this jealous guard of that water way, firstly it was to igbo then to hausas. During 1999 when there was a wild proposal to create a canal to Abuja thru bayelsa gulf they fought it like it was another oil well in there back-yard.

just simply ethnic wedge., just the way northerners think southerns wud starve if the don't sell cows, most niger deltans especially unexposed Ijaws think the  water-way thru their turf is even more important than the oil.

dont forget GEJ was a local man.

that was the first thing he did on becoming acting president. before even seeing the budget. he requested to have the money yaradua secured out for the project be diverted to shore up the ocean front.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 2:41am On Mar 15, 2011
Last week, remarks by acting President Goodluck Jonathan appeared to suggest that the Federal Government has suspended the dredging of the lower River Niger and directed the Federal Ministry of Finance to transfer the 19 billion naira earmarked for the project to the Ministry of the Niger Delta for it to be used instead to fortify the coastal shorelines in the area as a prelude to dredging.

The remarks understandably elicited widespread outrage in many parts of the country.

Though the acting president's aides were quick to attempt explaining the content and import of the remarks, it would seem that not much sense has been made as to clear the doubts of citizens as far as the rationality, propriety and timing of the decision is concerned.

After a meeting with the Federal Government's amnesty implementation committee, which comprises the governors of the Niger Delta region, ministers and other functionaries from the region held in the Presidential Villa on Tuesday, February, 23rd the government had issued the statement to the effect that the dredging was 'not the most pressing issue' on its agenda.

Since the decision, a lot of debate has ensued across the country and government has tried to make further clarifications on the decision presenting different reasons as to why the suspension has to be made. As cogent as the reasons may appear to be, several sections of the country view the decision as ill-timed and in disregard of national sensitivity, especially when placed against the backdrop of several factors among which is the fact that the money was specifically appropriated for dredging the lower Niger and the project was previously approved by the Federal Executive Council.

Regardless of new facts that might have emerged after the studies and environmental impact assessments have been done and taken into cognizance before the project was approved and subsequently awarded, the forum where the decision of the Federal Executive council was reversed was not the appropriate or competent one.

What we believe the Acting President should have done, if the forum felt so strongly about the issue, was to refer the matter back to the FEC and thus in the front burner for public debate. A programme of enlightenment to explain the reasons the acting president considered it more urgent to fortify the coastlines first before the dredging the lower axis of the river commences should then have been announced. The announcement that Dr Jonathan made ignored the sensitivity of other Nigerians to the project.

The decision was ill-timed and unfair, given the huge economic and social advantages that the dredging will bring to the Nigerian people. It is necessary that very sensitive decisions such as this one taken by government should recognize the political, economic and social sensitivities of other stakeholders.

No matter how right or important major policy decisions may seem, it behoves on those who take them to consider several other issues that are likely to either enhance the workability of such decision or work against the realization of its objectives.

While it is acceptable that dredging the Niger River will open vistas of economic and social opportunities in the country, we should not however lose sight of the fact that there is need to ensure that hazards that may occur as a result of the dredging are equally addressed.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201003040312.html
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by ekubear1: 2:51am On Mar 15, 2011
Is the land there prone to erosion? This is my guess from the "fortify" comment.

Still, you'd think that they'd want the river dredged more than others. They'll benefit the most economically from it. And truth be told, imo everyone wins.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 3:10am On Mar 15, 2011
lol, first thing to do as acting president wud be to fortify ? fortify what?

he cancelled it a night after he was sworn in.

tho he has back-peddled on the cancellation but the dredging is not going on as it was during yaradua= choke of funds.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by chigo4u: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2011
my grouse with mr president is him appointing all back stabers of yaradua into his cabinet, esp AKUNYILI the sycophant and I think that was exactly where he lost his goodwill with the people. Many people saw him as a corny and myopic. This is a great deal what is happening to jonathan today especially with the north. It was a disrespect to their own
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2011
I forgot to add failure of Ribadu to secure a credible, popular figure as a running mate thereby swinging 80% og the progressives to, despite our inner most reluctance to the only alternative with strong indication of a vision, Buhari .
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Beaf: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2011
I'm just here to laugh. Niger dredging contract cancelled? Something that has been completed? This NL sef! grin
This is even from the enemy press: http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13033:now-that-the-niger-has-been-dredged&catid=24:star-feature

As for the so called depleted Foreign Reserves, is the same one that grew by $2billion to $38.6billion in the last three weeks? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abeg, do your research and stop lying. You can confirm the Foreign Reserves figure from the CBN website. I don't have time for the rest of the rubbish article.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2011
Lol, don't forget Dora was the first official to voice support to the transfer of power to GEJ, u might call it political gimmicks u might call it valour, the point being she did stuck her head to the nations calling, and spoke up for GEJ.

How did GEJ reward her? Mking her an outside circle I.M., in fact at a point she was just a spokes person.
Dont forget at that time the nation was hoping for round peg in round hole appointments,  most people expected her to b given the health ministry with her record at NAFDAC . But politics as usual prevailed.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Beaf: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2011
^
So, you have no answer to what I posted earlier? Typical!
Dude, drop the rumours and lies jare! They are obvious.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 8:40am On Mar 15, 2011
I didnt want to reply u becos u didn't have the patience to read my points before posting ur comment.

Did GEJ announce the cancellation of the R.Niger dredging contract ? Absolutely yes! I also inserted that " tho he finally backpeddled but the damage has already been done.

U said the contract has been completed? How about the phase two? Building four seaports alongside it's way ?

On the foreign reserve, did u not see where I included "yes, it's come up again? Thanks to Libya! ?

Now after the IMF has voiced opinion of devaluation of the naira, against GEJ appointed buffoons at the financial institution what are we seeing?

How much is sugar? 5 cubes - twenty naira!
Cement - 2800 from 1700 ooh.

Odechukwu mixed with olodos = U tell me
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Beaf: 8:45am On Mar 15, 2011
^
lol @ your wikid backsliding!
If you post falsehoods, you will be caught out.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2011
[size=99pt]NIGERIA!!! SAI BUHARI!!![/size]
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2011
the 11th reason:

the army of desperate , lying, despicable, hypocritical , rumour peddling miserable excuses for human beings he has on NL

the semi literate delirious thug(s? it seems they are all one person lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed) representing gej on nl have completely destroyed any credibility gej may have with their bizarre agip stance, propagation of outright falsehoods, and justification of abuses of power
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 9:53am On Mar 15, 2011
Devil-may-care DESPERATION !!!

Went to Aba and promised making Aba an aircraft building hub! Imagine such outlandishness, he has not built a mere road- benin-ore road Na aircraft hub.

Sincerely such statement is an insult to every learned Nigerian.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2011
^^^
PMSL grin grin grin, this president is really a no good angry angry angry
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by otokx(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
Has GEJ fallen down? We do not think so; let us wait for the election results.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by egift(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2011
Jonathan has snatch defeat from the face of victory. BB all the way - Lets fix this mess. grin grin grin
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
blink182:

Please, what is the meaning of SAI Buhari?

O dika I na ese ahihia?
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
blink182:

Please, what is the meaning of SAI Buhari? Is it a religious or tribal slogan?
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
@Poster,
Please what do you mean by downfall?
The election is yet to take place and I am still going to vote for him.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by AndreUweh(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
noblezone:

Please, what is the meaning of SAI Buhari? Is it a religious or tribal slogan?

An indirect way of announcing that Hausa is Nigeria. What a shame.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
noblezone:

@Poster,
Please what do you mean by downfall?
The election is yet to take place and I am still going to vote for him.

GEJ has clearly lost the momentum, I really wonder wat else cud sway the voters to him, maybe if bb announces a plan islamazation of the country. That I dont think he wud do, so u get my drift.

Or maybe GEJ shd invite Obama to join him in campaigning or even endorse him .
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by henry101(m): 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2011
macjive01:

2. Absolution of MEND of the oct 1st bomb blast. the nation forgave him and even made a mockery of IBB- international bomb blast.

3. Prayer for Bomb blast Terrorist to confess.

4. No action on Jos killings (massacre), not even a fierce speech let alone the much demanded declaring state of emergency.

5. The "manner " in which he awarded the Enugu airport. of which he ended up "building " only a tarmac!.

6. Building 6 (9) NEW UNIVERSITIES [/b]at a time the existing ones are so so underfunded, in dire need of upgrades, falling steeply into comatose.

6b.  at a time when the private sector is willing and ready to invest in the sector. There re currently over 200 pending application for university licences.

7.  Gave Ojukwu a slight at Aso rock - ok, a slight is not a crime, but to the personality in question, that showed disrespect and arrogance. To igbo.
then for him crawling back to Enugu to patronize the same man without a foremost public apology was outright arrogance as well, then appointing Bianca an adviser on diaspora .  .  . what a joke. The post as well was a denigrate to Igbos, a rank that was beneath the personality of the wife of an IKENGA!

7b.  ok, forget ojukwu case one cud connote the Bianca appointment as the appease. But calling the whole leaders and elders of another Tribe, the Yorubas, [b]RASCALs !!

Now, forget our nairaland tribal bashing, t.it-a-tat, that statement is an insult. it took him almost a week to even think abt modifying the statement. Another disregard.

point 7 shows he has no respect. plus, kneeing before adeboye in the presence of national and international media to make a circus of adeboye and the prayer was as well an INSULT TO PRAYER, and PRAYERHOOD

8.  His depletion ( yes, its come up again- thanks to libya) of our foreign reserve and reckless mismanagement of our budget and ECA with nothing to show for it.
power is still at below 4000 out of 16000 needed.
b. 10 BILLION  for oct 1st celebration. [ Ex-fisherman spending money like he was formally Dangote]

9. His exponentially manifestation of his buffoonish and ODE[/b]ciousness
[b]a.
his succumb[/b]tion to JEGA's wastefulness,  improvidence and outright thriftless.-  96 billion for voter's registration plus additional 6 billion for??
b. his Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Ojukwu Ekwueme Jonathan campaign biscuit.
c. PHD holder scared of a debate.
d.   

[b]10. His Kitchen cabinet, advisers and appointees ;

a. Aganga- a Goldman sachs what ? that sold our bond at an interest rate that was higher than Ghana's, S.A, Yemen's, Pakistani's even AFGHANISTAN  was just a percent below somaliland's (SML is not even a country) . so Afghan is now more investment safer than Nigeria ? NO!. just Aganga's ssilliness- wanted it to be over-subscribed, to prove to our ODEchukwu that he was working.  bond for $500million, what is 500million wey we no get ? ibori alone can dish that out without shaking

b[b]. orubede[/b] - a heavy ethnic bigot that led the " I DON FINISH THE JOB WEY DOKPESI SEND US, COME TO IBB CAMPAIGN OFFICE MAKE I GIST U. NO FORGET COLLECT OUR BALANCE". was against appointing ribadu and the economic whiz persons of obj.

c. his present Information minister- "THANK U FOR BRINGING FACEBOOK TO NIGERIA"
d. His special adviser on ****, that is campaigning against the FOI bill
e. his [b]appointment of Ihejirika - army chief. what kind of army chief is he, no statement, no speech, no noise. no plans[/b].
f. his oversight in the dubious promotion of the appeal court judge. vis-a-viz gearing up for rigging.
g. His I.G of police. an AIG that over-saw, and coordinated the business of kidnapping in Aba.
h. His squashing of all but one charges against Mustafa (rogers).
i.  his and party's celebration of corruption- Bode George, stopping the extradition of Ibori to UK, cecelia ibru.

I think you got it wrong on the appointment of the Army Chief.
Is there anything wrong for a professional soldier to keep quiet and do his job instead of making senseless press conferences?
You are mistaken if you think Nigeria and Nigerians give a f****k about what happens to that part of Nigeria.
I know the dredging wasnt cancelled, the reference you put up there is old.

Before you say I support him, I am very neutral in this case.
I dnt support a coup plotter either.
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2011
The major misstep was showing how empty and clueless he is
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2011
Does the army not need reform? Of course yes! So if Ihejirika doesn't express n voice his plans how on earth do we know what he is doing?

And yes, he has an obligation to tell the nation what his plans and vision are before embarking on it. This is democracy dude .
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by egift(m): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

An indirect way of announcing that Hausa is Nigeria. What a shame.

You should be the one very ashamed of yourself.

Sai Buhari means "Up Buhari"
It has also been used to mean "Only Buhari" grin grin grin
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by friedrice1: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
So converting 9 existing secondary schools/ technical colleges to federal universities amounts
to building New Universities. I weep for this country. its like renaming Ibadan- lagos Expressway to IBB expressway
amounts to creating a new Inter city road.
Resurfacing a portion of the Runway in Enugu Airport amount to building a new International Airport. *SMH*
Re: 10 Missteps that led to Gej's downfall by macjive01: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
fried-rice:

So converting 9 existing secondary schools/ technical colleges to federal universities amounts
to building New Universities. I weep for this country. its like renaming Ibadan- lagos Expressway to IBB expressway
amounts to creating a new Inter city road.
Resurfacing a portion of the Runway in Enugu Airport amount to building a new International Airport. *SMH*

sorry but i must say this , stop making a fool of ursef.

what is the number one GEJ campaign jingle ? i am building a new university in each zone plus 3 other state without Federal university, kebbi etc.

when some community were fighting and persons being killed, properties destroyed, what was it for ? contesting which secondary school to refurbish ?
i will tell, absolutely NO! they were fighting for the location of the NEW UNIVERSITY.

Could u do ursef a favour and have a look at the 2011 budget, i bet u wud rise in arms against ODE Jonathan.

(1) (Reply)

Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! / Daniel: $4m Allegedly Stolen Paid As Workers’ Salaries . / Harrased By Police, Arrested, Slapped By A Female Police And Unlawfully Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.