Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,466 members, 7,897,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:55 AM

Can You Cook? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Cook? (2164 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Does Not Allow You Cook? / Guys Can You Cook & Clean For Your Girlfriends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
SA Goddess:

I guess if I got the home-made bread right, I can try the others too, trial and error is the way to go. . . . .

Naija people will answer your Q about baked goodies in Naija. . . . I am in South Africa!

My apologies for not taking note of your screen name and for assuming.

I hope you and yours have fun with it, I think baking can become addictive. smiley
Re: Can You Cook? by SAGoddess: 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2011
No worriew cheesy cheesy

Spacecookies will be my first bake cool cool wink
Re: Can You Cook? by MLSwiss: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
I can't cook and I rarely cook. I could care less. My man cooks but I don't find it romantic except if the concept is meant to be romantic. I mean, it's nice for my stomach but that's it.
Re: Can You Cook? by akpanbaba: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
What kind of food are you talking about?.Is it the one on the bed or the one on the dining table?.Please explain
Re: Can You Cook? by kinjiggy: 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2011
I know hw to cook nice dishes but each time i do, I usually lose appetite for the food so i avoid it by any means possible.
Re: Can You Cook? by Abekeade08(f): 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2011
@OP all my brothers know their way around the kitchen, but like the Nigerian men that they are, they want a woman to cater for them. If i hear that my brothers did most of the cooking in their house, it would upset me. I guess i am a typical Nigerian woman. I am however not averse to one off romantic dinners and such cooked by our men.
Re: Can You Cook? by kinjiggy: 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
Abekeade08:

@OP all my brothers know their way around the kitchen, but like the Nigerian men that they are, they want a woman to cater for them. If i hear that my brothers did most of the cooking in their house, it would upset me. I guess i am a typical Nigerian woman. I am however not averse to one off romantic dinners and such cooked by our men.

wink wink wink winkGOOD HOME TRAINING wink wink wink wink
Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
M.L.Swiss:

I can't cook and I rarely cook. I could care less. My man cooks but I don't find it romantic except if the concept is meant to be romantic. I mean, it's nice for my stomach but that's it.
akpanbaba:

What kind of food are you talking about?.Is it the one on the bed or the one on the dining table?.Please explain

Just those instances when it's meant to be romantic, like breakfast in bed, the surprise lunch or the softly lit sensual music filled romantic dinner.

akpanbaba
In some instances the food is forgotten about altogether smiley

Abekeade08:

I don't think I would like a man doing most of the cooking myself, but knowing he can help out when it's needed or think out the box in doing something romantic when he want to go that extra mile and not some restaurant that is far from intimate and romantic at certain times, so on that we are in agreement.

Nigerian men don't sound much different from many American men I know, they also want service with a smile.

My brothers also cook one is a chef and does all the cooking at home, the other, all I've ever seen from him is the outdoor cooking, American men have a thing about grilling smiley
Re: Can You Cook? by Tosinville(m): 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
Imari

Yea! i can cook for sure if thats what you mean but not every kind of nigerian food o!

Roymary is a good guy, truss me.
Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 11:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
Tosinville:

Imari

Yea! i can cook for sure if thats what you mean but not every kind of nigerian food o!

Roymary is a good guy, truss me.

I wouldn't even know every kind of Nigerian food only those few that my Sweetie has mentioned to me or say he will cook for me.

On that same note, "good guy" or no, my "Sweetie" is the only man for me, trust that.

But really, why are you campaigning for roymary he's not even here and I don't even care.
Re: Can You Cook? by Osama10(m): 12:10am On Mar 16, 2011
I can cook very well.
Re: Can You Cook? by Tosinville(m): 12:18am On Mar 16, 2011
Imari

umm! you mean the one that your unknown sweetie will cook for you?¿¿

ma'am, stop wastin hell of a time.
Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 12:26am On Mar 16, 2011
Tosinville:

Imari

umm! you mean the one that your unknown sweetie will cook for you?¿¿

ma'am, stop wastin hell of a time.

Ah, but he is known.
I know what he think, hope and feel.
I know what he looks like  smiley
I know what he sounds like
I just don't know what he feels like  wink

Now what is it with your advocating for roymary?   I wanna know, fess up  grin
Re: Can You Cook? by Tosinville(m): 1:01am On Mar 16, 2011
^^Jus because he stays in chicago & thats very easy in hook up in a day rather than a nigerian pipe dream.
Re: Can You Cook? by MrCork17: 1:03am On Mar 16, 2011
Anyone seen Mrs Chima today? I miss the house girl!! grin
Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 1:15am On Mar 16, 2011
Tosinville:

^^Jus because he stays in chicago & thats very easy in hook up in a day rather than a nigerian pipe dream.

Chicago is no plus, He could be next door.

TOO YOUNG
Ain't my type

I am quite happy with my "pipe dream"

Do you know roymary personally or just from here on NL? since you have all these glowing reviews of him and am advocating on his behalf are you his OFFICIAL match makers or something?
Re: Can You Cook? by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 16, 2011
I love it when my guy can help me with the load. smiley
If my dude is hungry I will cook for him [s]but it wouldn't hurt if he could do it
his damn self. [/s] tongue and hopefully he will return the favor grin grin
Re: Can You Cook? by ShyOne(f): 1:23am On Mar 16, 2011
ok

i don't think i will score high in this area at all

i used to cook but have gotten away from it for more than 3 years now

so i am unsure of how my food will taste

he told me don't worry - he will help me in that area

but i think i will look around for a female who can help me - get back on track in the kitchen again
Re: Can You Cook? by Tosinville(m): 1:23am On Mar 16, 2011
Imari
Well i only get to know roymary here on NL but due to the way he talks on here & ask for you around whenever u aren't online shows maybe he's the kind of brother who'll always make you happy.
Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 2:53am On Mar 16, 2011
Tosinville:

Imari
Well i only get to know roymary here on NL but due to the way he talks on here & ask for you around whenever u aren't online shows maybe he's the kind of brother who'll always make you happy.

And you know this from NL shocked

Since you know so much about him why not give me his total bio?

Start with; Can he cook? smiley
Re: Can You Cook? by Tosinville(m): 3:16am On Mar 16, 2011
^^You'll ask him all that whenever he is online.
Re: Can You Cook? by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 16, 2011
Side-note, forgive me OP.

A good number of the Nigerian men can cook. However, it's one thing to cook, and it's another to present the food well. Sometimes I'm watching them cook and serve the food, or they send me pictures because they're excited (lol). What I see is rice scattered across the plate with stew dripping from the side with a dry chicken leg and old moin-moin on the side. My pet-peeve is soup with no vegetables *cold chills running down back* That's for another day though.

Anyway, please try and make the food appear edible smiley
Re: Can You Cook? by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 16, 2011
Can't cook to save my life undecided
Re: Can You Cook? by Tosinville(m): 3:29am On Mar 16, 2011
If my wife can't cook, i'll use cutlass to chase her out of my house cos i didn't marry her to decoration my house just for them to know that i have a wife.
Re: Can You Cook? by Imari(f): 3:34am On Mar 16, 2011
Tosinville:

^^You'll ask him all that whenever he is online.

Nope, not really interested.

Just wanted to see if you were his voice puppet  wink

ogugua88:

Side-note, forgive me OP.

A good number of the Nigerian men can cook. It's one thing to cook, and it's another to present the food well. Sometimes I'm watching them cook and serve the food, or they send me pictures because they're excited (lol). Rice scattered across the plate with stew dripping from the side with a dry chicken leg and old moin-moin on the side. My pet-peeve is soup with no vegetables *cold chills running down back* That's for another day though.

Anyway, please try and make the food appear edible smiley

You're cool, it's not a "side note" it goes to topic

What can be romantic about food that is not appealing to the eye even before you taste it.

It would be a turn off to be served something that looks regurgitated YUK sad
Re: Can You Cook? by Araboy(m): 5:44am On Mar 16, 2011
I cooked for my girlfriend every night I just hate cleaning dishes so the arrangement was I cook you clean I can cook anything from French to African to Middle eastern cuisine
Re: Can You Cook? by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 16, 2011
@AraBoy what an irony i can cook but i hate cooking but i love washing plates,don't ask me why, punishment in boarding school
Re: Can You Cook? by Araboy(m): 6:03am On Mar 16, 2011
@PC Guru Interesting grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Different,or Am I A Freak / Ring Is Not A Symbol Of Love / How To Dump Your Girlfriend Without Hurting Her Feelings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.