Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,492 members, 7,975,010 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:36 PM

#ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations (1038 Views)

Police Intercept AK-47 Rifles Hidden In Bags Of Beans (Video, Pictures) / Lagos Mad Woman Caught With Three AK-47 Rifles Burnt To Death (Graphic) / Policemen Attacked & Robbed At Checkpoints In Enugu, AK-47 Rifles Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by prof2007: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2020
Inspector-General of Police Committee on EndSARS Protest Damage Assessment has said about 100 AK-47 rifles and 2,600 pieces of ammunition are missing as a result of attacks on police formations in Lagos State by hoodlums who hijacked protests.

The committee stated that 37 police formations were attacked during the widespread violence in the state while 367 vehicles, including 10 Armoured Personnel Carrier, saloon cars and Hilux vans were burnt. Chairman of the 10-man committee, CP Yaro Abutu, who disclosed this on Saturday in an interview with our correspondent, said the team was taking inventory of property destroyed in police facilities across the country.

Sunday PUNCH learnt the committee is expected to submit its report to the IG, Mohammed Adamu, within 3 weeks. Abutu lamented that it was unfortunate the destruction happened towards the end of the year “when there is a surge in criminality all over the country.”

Abutu said, “We are taking a tour around the 17 states where burning of police facilities and killing of police personnel occurred. Since Lagos is the epicentre we decided to come to Lagos first. 37 police stations were attacked in Lagos and about 30% of police infrastructure in the state has been crippled.

“Also, a lot of arms and ammunition were carted away. We are still counting and collating. In some police stations, 15 to 30 firearms and a number of ammunition were stolen. So far from our preliminary report, about 100 pieces of AK-47 cannot be accounted for and up to 2,600 pieces of ammunition are missing. This is when criminals become more aggressive whereas police equipment has been crippled. It is pathetic.”

The committee chairman urged hoodlums in possession of the arms and ammunition to return them to the nearest police station or community leaders, noting that 3 firearms were returned to some police formations on Friday.

He added, “One of them was returned to the Area Commander Ajah, ACP Gbolahan. It was found somewhere and the community alerted him. They (policemen) went to pick it. If the community sees it (firearm) and refuses to report, the weapon will still be used to unleash terror on the population. That is why we are appealing to community leaders, youths and other stakeholders to be on the lookout.”

SOURCE (abridged): https://punchng.com/endsars-hoodlums-looted-100-ak-47-rifles-in-lagos-police-stations-force-committee/
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by RedPhoenix: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2020
Wooow
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by TecM0: 9:58am On Nov 08, 2020
Looming calamity

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Seniorwriter(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2020
Really!!! In Nigeria believe police information or accusations @your own peril! I hope this is not another way for the IG to CASHOUT ?
Mostimes it's hard to believe the news you get to hear on the Nigerian Space...

In another news if you have an underperforming product kindly contact me for my effective sales boost funnel......I'm a text away here or check my profile for furtherance!

Writing is an Art for me .... Monetising it is the Real hustle that creates better earnings!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!

©Seniorwriter
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2020
Such a "well-rounded" figure. 100...

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Sammy4Joy: 10:25am On Nov 08, 2020
topcatking:

Yes indeed...quite odd. Not 97, not 102 not even "about 100"!

5 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 08, 2020
Believe the exact opposite of whatever Nigeria police tells u. They re chronic liars, thieves, murderers and worse things.

They must have sold the 100 riffles to thieves. Nigeria police can do and undo

3 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by nizetee: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
OOzz:
Believe the exact opposite of whatever Nigeria police tells u. They re chronic liars, thieves, murderers and worse things.

They must have sold the 100 riffles to thieves. Nigeria police can do and undo

Nairalanders Ina coconut carry enough water die grin

I hardly read comments without arriving at my thought related comments. I end up not commenting for what I intended saying has been said. Well done guys grin
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by DeFuturePresido: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
Vraiment? 100 fusils? lncroyable!
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by DeFuturePresido: 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
TecM0:
Looming calamity

Souhaitant la protection de Dieu à tous les Lagosiens!
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2020
topcatking:
They approximated to the nearest whole number now. LoL.
Inconvenience and mediocrity is now the order of the day under buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by sapientia(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
Police have 100 AK-47 that can be looted in just few police stations in Lagos and we are still battling insecurity in Nigeria.

So they have all this guns.

Mind you ooo.. These are spares in the armoury of the police stations.

They have all this but cannot stop thugs from attacking #ENDSARS protesters in Alausa.

We are our own worst enemies in this country.

Though I dont believe the figure.

Nigeria police have been lying since their establishment.

Nigeria police is just a replica of what FRSC and civil defence will be like after many years of handling guns.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Neddstark: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
Now guns are in the wrong hands. Time for some idle minds to start contemplating forming robbery and kidnapping gangs. All these were as a result of the anarchy created when some feminists LGBT group hijacked a good movement. Then incited the youths that the movement can remove a sitting democratic president. Now we have a high crime rate that and the people at the receiving end is the average Nigerian.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Okwuazi930(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2020
Personally I don't think the figures are for real.
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by flemsy15(m): 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
The Billions that will be "cornered" all in the name of replenishing and reconstruction of facilities affected by the hoodlums will be enormous
Re: #ENDSARS: Hoodlums Looted 100 AK-47 Rifles In Lagos Police Stations by Sammy4Joy: 12:42am On Nov 09, 2020
Neddstark:
Now guns are in the wrong hands. Time for some idle minds to start contemplating forming robbery and kidnapping gangs. All these were as a result of the anarchy created when some feminists LGBT group hijacked a good movement. Then incited the youths that the movement can remove a sitting democratic president. Now we have a high crime rate that and the people at the receiving end is the average Nigerian.

Advise to all Lagosians: Make sure to actively participate in (and seriously contribute towards strengthening) your neighbourhood security meetings / vigilantes. Prevention is better than cure. Your destiny is in your hands!

(1) (Reply)

Disturbing Video: Hear This Lady's Encounter With The Demon ‘Charlie Charlie’ / How Nigerian Drug Kingpin Escaped From Jail In Ghana / Another Lady Runs Mad After Suspected Yahoo Boy Drops Her On The Street (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.