Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,464 members, 7,917,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity (374 Views)

EU: 2023 Elections Lacked Transparency, Trust In INEC Severely Damaged / Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala / I Have Lost Faith In Nigeria's Democracy - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by BluntNigerian: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
I will be very blunt here..
I would say that the day I lost faith and trust in INEC was the day the Supreme Court disgracefully got them Overridden, and took over their job of Counting Ballots.
INEC couldn't even challenge the powers which the Supreme Court had to count or re-count votes.
Even if there was need to re-count the ballots, the Supreme Court would have ruled for a re-count to be done, or a fresh election conducted, rather than doing the work of INEC by themselves.

But NO..
INEC couldn't challenge that, because they knew that their Name was at stake. They also had skeletons hidden in their closets, which they were hiding from the public. They themselves really messed up in the election, and thus, their hands were tied, and they couldn't challenge the judgement.
This is just the proverbial farmer who fetched termite-infested firewood that unintentionally invited lots of lizards into his compound.
I had always warned INEC to have an Transparent Policy.
Let their Results be there in the public, both Polling-units Results and Collation Results.
At least, no matter what the Courts rule at any time, they can fully challenge it without any fear of being exposed.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by BluntNigerian: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
BluntNigerian:
I would say that the day I lost faith and trust in INEC was the day the Supreme Court disgracefully got them Overridden, and took over their job of Counting Ballots.
INEC couldn't even challenge the powers which the Supreme Court had to count or re-count votes.
Even if there was need to re-count the ballots, the Supreme Court would have ruled for a re-count to be done, or a fresh election conducted, rather than doing the work of INEC by themselves.

But NO..
INEC couldn't challenge that, because they knew that their Name was at stake. They also had skeletons hidden in their closets, which they were hiding from the public. They themselves really messed up in the election, and thus, their hands were tied, and they couldn't challenge the judgement.
This is just the proverbial farmer who fetched termite-infested firewood that unintentionally invited lots of lizards into his compound.
Let their Results be there in the public, both Polling-units Results and Collation Results.
At least, no matter what the Courts rule at any time, they can fully challenge it without any fear of being exposed.
That's My Opinion.
And it is very valid.
Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by BluntNigerian: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by dadavivo: 6:08am On Nov 09, 2020
And knowing how corrupt our judiciary is.

Its so depressing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by chrisxxx(m): 6:10am On Nov 09, 2020
BluntNigerian:

But NO..
You will change mouth any day they make you state returning officer.
Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by BluntNigerian: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2020
chrisxxx:

I guess you are speaking for yourself?
Or you believed the faulty narrative that “every single Nigerian is a potential crook, just that they have not gotten the right opportunity”?
Anyway,, you are free to believe whatever you like.
But limit the applications to yourself.
Do Not Extend Them To Me.
Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by BluntNigerian: 6:22am On Nov 09, 2020
chrisxxx:

There were good Returning Officers.
So, I put it to you that you made a very faulty assumption based on a very faulty generalization.
Re: The Day I Totally Lost Faith And Trust In INEC.. It's Just A Pity by BluntNigerian: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2020
dadavivo:
And knowing how corrupt our judiciary is.

Its so depressing
For Crying Out Loud..
In the case of Imo State Governorship Election Tribunal, The Supreme Court would have ordered a fresh election.
Honestly speaking, it is not their duty to count votes.. It is the sole duty of INEC.
That was why I got dumbfounded that INEC couldn't even challenge the powers of the Supreme Court when it comes to Counting Votes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Pfizer Debunked Claims That Trump Help Find Vaccine / Endsars: CAC Cancels The Registration Of The Business Name “Enough Is Enough" / Abia Politics 2023 Thread, Abians Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.