Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,334 members, 7,974,420 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:29 AM

Nigerian Actress To Appear In Court Over Indecent Dressing By Aanu Oluyide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Actress To Appear In Court Over Indecent Dressing By Aanu Oluyide (402 Views)

Osas Ighodaro Hugs And Hypes Kehinde Bankole Who Lost AMVCA Best Actress To Her / Kannywood Blacklists Rahama Sadau For Indecent Dressing (Photos) / Alexx Ekubo Goes Shirtless, Under Fire Over “Indecent Exposure” (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Actress To Appear In Court Over Indecent Dressing By Aanu Oluyide by tonyluyi1985: 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
Rahama Sadau a Nigerian actress has gone from uploading beautiful innocent pictures of herself on November 2, 2020, to facing one of the toughest times of her life in a way she did not expect nor envisage. Earlier this month, the actress shared photos of herself in a backless flowing gown on her twitter page describing herself as regal. Unfortunately the pictures did not sit down well with Northern Users of Twitter, "Arewa Twitter" as they described the dress as inappropriate, X rated, immoral. Various arguments and backlash flew from all sides and rested on Rahama's head. The dress was highly judged to not be appropriate for a Muslim lady from the northern part of nigeria.
Association of Hausa Film Makers, Kannywood was also reported to have boycotted and suspended her over same dress, calling her a disgrace to the industry. Rahama initially stood her ground as she hasn't done anything wrong, but she was bullied into surrendering, this led her to making a video apologising for the dress and stating that it will never happen again. She made the video wearing Hijab, no make up with a swollen face. "I also apologize for this my picture that caused controversy, this pained me more than any other thing in life and I am begging all the Hausa race, my colleagues and all Muslims in the world that it will not happen again"
A more recent turn out of this event is that Rahama was on the 7th of November, after some 6 days she posted the picture, invited for questioning by the police. She was invited over the dress she wore. Rahama may appear before the Sharia court on this same issue.
Nigeria is a secular country on paper. The most shocking of these is that Northern Nigeria is the place with the most number of inhumane and injustice against people, especially women. Human rights seem to be nothing or make no sense nor meaning to them in that part of the country.
"The uproar around Rahama Sadau’s photo, that she had to apologise, and the fact that officials are now legitimising the harassment she has been receiving is everything you need to know about the failed Nigerian psyche. How do you even begin to fix this? We’re in so much trouble. Many people are having to be delicate but honestly this is not a conversation about who/which region is backward or isn’t (tbh that conversation reductionist and insulting). This is about failure, and the uniquely extensive ways the North systematically fails women.
"The last thing we should be doing is thinking oh it’s an ‘Arewa Twitter’ issue. It’s not—it’s an issue we should all be concerned about. I can’t think of any other Twitter groups that get such exceptionalism. It’s not helpful at all. How can we just be looking as it’s happening?" Wale Lawal wrote on twitter.
A concrete reason why someone's dress on her body may take her to jail or prison or make her serve a particular punishment in 2020 can never suffice. Of all the problems facing that part of the country, the most important to them is policing a woman's body and making her go through hell for it. 26 year old Rahama Sadau was born and raised in Kaduna, her acting career got its boom when she joined Kannywood, and she has appeared in many movies and music videos. Up North, MTV Shuga, Sons of the Caliphate are her notable movies. She is not only hardworking but focused
We await as everything unfolds.
https://africanbard.com/2020/11/09/nigerian-actress-to-appear-in-court-over-indecent-dressing-by-aanu-oluyide/
Re: Nigerian Actress To Appear In Court Over Indecent Dressing By Aanu Oluyide by YoonSung57: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
Imagine the nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Prince And Manchester United Legend Rio Ferdinand To Go On Facebook Live / Drake Contributes To Grammy Awards / I'm Not A Big Fan Of Awards - Wizkid Makes Shocking Revelation(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.