Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,999 members, 7,942,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Structures Of An Essay - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Structures Of An Essay (1420 Views)

This is how structures are built in the middle of the ocean / Do's And Don'ts For Writing An Essay Conclusion - Writing Guide / Oshun Ceramics Threatens Adeleke University With Destruction Of All Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Structures Of An Essay by uwagboe1: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
Essay is a write-up, most times usually short and in prose and on some occasion a subject or topic.

It is a literary composition intended to prove some poimts, to illustrate or integrate a particular subject. An essay is the deliberation on a particular issue or topic, presented in a clear, well structured writeup, puting different ideas together to explain or make a fact clear, through several paragraphs to achieve a desired effect upon a known audience.

The objective being to ensure refers understanding of the witers point of view on a selected subject or topic.

THE NATURE OF AN ESSAY.

The essay is a form of communication. The writer has a target audience for whom he is writing. To communicate effectively, the audience or reader must understand the message contained in the essay.

The language level of the readers or audience must be given consideration when writing. The writer should refrain from using ambiguous words and phrases.

The writing process involves thinking up and putting down ideas. These ideas are to be thoughtful presented. the essay must be explicitly and concisely explained and logically organised.

Why essays are written

Essays are written for the following reasons.

As an academic task: in this situation, a learner organises and writes a well structured and comprehensive essay on diverse topics in order to acquire the rudiments of essay writing. He is helped by a teacher who gives authoritative teaching and drills on the appropriate method of writing good essays.

FOR ADDRESSING SOCIAL ISSUES: Write ups in newspapers and magazines form the bulk of this type of essays. Different issues are addressed through essays published in daily papers and magazines.

We can say that essay is a medium we use to express our inner thoughts, feeling and emotions. This therefore means that a vital role is played by essay when we are to express how we really feel.

As a source of aesthetic satisfaction, frinstance short stories.

The Various Types OF ESSAY

Take note that we have the following types of essay and they include:

a. Narrative Essay

b. Descriptive Essay

C. Expository Essay

d. Argumentative Essay

e. Report

All of these types of essay plans a crusial role when puting up a writeup. We will explain more on these in our subsequent post.

It is preferable, then to think of these essay types as devices which one may use in developing particular topic; or as devices which gives a write measure of choice and variety. When you think these essay types as devices, you may recognize that you use two of these devices more frequently than you do all the others. The two most commonly used devices in academic writing are Argumentation and Exposition: Description and Narration are more often used as supporting devices.
The aim of narrative essay is to tell a story, a tale or give an account of an event that has happened. The narrator (the person telling the story) performs the work of retelling the story to another person. A narrative essay may be real (when a true story 1s being narrated) or imaginary (when the story 1 fabricated or made up by the narrator). Certain peculiar characteristics make narrati ve essays distinct from other types of essays. Firstly, narrative essays are characterized by past incidents either real orimagined or at times, an event taking place in the narrator’s presence. A good narration is dependent mainly on time order. The most commonly used sequence is serial, that is, when a Story begins at A and proceeds from A to B and to, till the end. This is also called chronological Sequence. The time factor could also be artistically arranged in order to achieve a desired or specific effect. The narrator could begin the story using flash back and then follow up the narration until the end or climax is reached. Nonetheless, irespective of the order adopted, what is important is to capture the reader’s interest till the end.The dominant tense used in narrative essay is the simple past tense with the past continuous to show events in progress, and the past perfect for antecedent events.For one to write a good narrative essay, the following points should be taken into consideration:

*A simple and captivating story should be told.

*The characters should be few in number so that the writer could handle the narration with ease.

The writer should ensure that there is SUSPENSE in order to capture the audience’s interest till the end. In other words, the story should be told in such a manner that the audience do not know the conclusion of the story till the climax.

The story should be so vividly narrated that the reader could picture all the scenes and actions of the characters described in the narrative in his mind’s eye. Where necessary, dialogue should be used to provide interest and variety.

*The narration should be in simple and correct English. Proverbs and figures of speech should be used where appropriate, to make the language more arresting.

It is important to remember that when one is writing a narrative for examination purposes, one should not exceed the permitted limit. Note that there is some difference between a narrative essay proper and a short story. The latter showing more developed characterization, a more dramatic situation and a clearer dramatic unity. Some narrative topics are written as proverbs, which are then developed into short stories.
Source : https://9jatopinfo.com.ng/structure-of-an-essay/?amp=1

2 Likes

Re: The Structures Of An Essay by bluefilm: 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2021
tot3ntanZz:
Most people hate writing essays, not because of the amount of work involved, but mostly because of the limitations. A correct essay must have a certain structure, which greatly complicates the writing.
Personally, I don't really like writing essays, so when I get asked this kind of homework in college, I just refer to https://writeanessayforme.org/research-paper/
These guys are ready to fulfill my order with high quality at any time. Just contact them!

Nice advertising.

I like the way you want to direct people to your Essay Writing Business.

Good luck.
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by carol1107: 11:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
It is important that the main part is built according to the laws of logic. You can go from simple to complex, you can analyze or synthesize, you can use the method of deduction and induction. In order to build a logical text:
- fix theses;
- select to each thesis several arguments;
- Line up the theses in a logical sequence: one idea must follow from the other.
You will already have a detailed plan in front of you. It remains to "build up" the text on it - and your essay will be almost ready. But before you start working on the text, check whether the theses are lined up in a logical sequence and whether the evidence is convincing enough.
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by jboo75188: 12:54pm On May 09, 2021
Good morning students! I have some good news for you! When your deadline is coming and you need to write an essay, you can use our super-professional online https://essaywriter.org/buy-college-papers writing agency. It's really suitable when you can choose the appropriate topic for your assignment and get completed papers. So, click on this page and discover this info wright here!
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by browncraig: 9:03pm On May 14, 2021
uwagboe1:
Essay is a write-up, most times usually short and in prose and on some occasion a subject or topic.

It is a literary composition intended to prove some poimts, to illustrate or integrate a particular subject. An essay is the deliberation on a particular issue or topic, presented in a clear, well structured writeup, puting different ideas together to explain or make a fact clear, through several paragraphs to achieve a desired effect upon a known audience.

The objective being to ensure refers understanding of the witers point of view on a selected subject or topic.

THE NATURE OF AN ESSAY.

The essay is a form of communication. The writer has a target audience for whom he is writing. To communicate effectively, the audience or reader must understand the message contained in the essay.

The language level of the readers or audience must be given consideration when writing. The writer should refrain from using ambiguous words and phrases.

The writing process involves thinking up and putting down ideas. These ideas are to be thoughtful presented. the essay must be explicitly and concisely explained and logically organised.

Why essays are written

Essays are written for the following reasons.

As an academic task: in this situation, a learner organises and writes a well structured and comprehensive essay on diverse topics in order to acquire the rudiments of essay writing. He is helped by a teacher who gives authoritative teaching and drills on the appropriate method of writing good essays.

FOR ADDRESSING SOCIAL ISSUES: Write ups in newspapers and magazines form the bulk of this type of essays. Different issues are addressed through essays published in daily papers and magazines.

We can say that essay is a medium we use to express our inner thoughts, feeling and emotions. This therefore means that a vital role is played by essay when we are to express how we really feel.

As a source of aesthetic satisfaction, frinstance short stories.

The Various Types OF ESSAY

Take note that we have the following types of essay and they include:

a. Narrative Essay

b. Descriptive Essay

C. Expository Essay

d. Argumentative Essay

e. Report

All of these types of essay plans a crusial role when puting up a writeup. We will explain more on these in our subsequent post.

It is preferable, then to think of these essay types as devices which one may use in developing particular topic; or as devices which gives a write measure of choice and variety. When you think these essay types as devices, you may recognize that you use two of these devices more frequently than you do all the others. The two most commonly used devices in academic writing are Argumentation and Exposition: Description and Narration are more often used as supporting devices.
The aim of narrative essay is to tell a story, a tale or give an account of an event that has happened. The narrator (the person telling the story) performs the work of retelling the story to another person. A narrative essay may be real (when a true story 1s being narrated) or imaginary (when the story 1 fabricated or made up by the narrator). Certain peculiar characteristics make narrati ve essays distinct from other types of essays. Firstly, narrative essays are characterized by past incidents either real orimagined or at times, an event taking place in the narrator’s presence. A good narration is dependent mainly on time order. The most commonly used sequence is serial, that is, when a Story begins at A and proceeds from A to B and to, till the end. This is also called chronological Sequence. The time factor could also be artistically arranged in order to achieve a desired or specific effect. The narrator could begin the story using flash back and then follow up the narration until the end or climax is reached. Nonetheless, irespective of the order adopted, what is important is to capture the reader’s interest till the end.The dominant tense used in narrative essay is the simple past tense with the past continuous to show events in progress, and the past perfect for antecedent events.For one to write a good narrative essay, the following points should be taken into consideration:

*A simple and captivating story should be told.

*The characters should be few in number so that the writer could handle the narration with ease.

The writer should ensure that there is SUSPENSE in order to capture the audience’s interest till the end. In other words, the story should be told in such a manner that the audience do not know the conclusion of the story till the climax.

The story should be so vividly narrated that the reader could picture all the scenes and actions of the characters described in the narrative in his mind’s eye. Where necessary, dialogue should be used to provide interest and variety.

*The narration should be in simple and correct English. Proverbs and figures of speech should be used where appropriate, to make the language more arresting.

It is important to remember that when one is writing a narrative for examination purposes, one should not exceed the permitted limit. Note that there is some difference between a narrative essay proper and a short story. The latter showing more developed characterization, a more dramatic situation and a clearer dramatic unity. Some narrative topics are written as proverbs, which are then developed into short stories.
Source : https://9jatopinfo.com.ng/structure-of-an-essay/?amp=1

A lot of quality examples of essays on environmental pollution can be found here - https://envrexperts.com/. There are a lot of interesting essays here that will be of interest to any reader.
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by Efiraboys63: 12:56am On May 26, 2021
Great essay article! But before you write your essay, dissertation, or resume, take the time to do your self-assessment on paper. Describe your skills and abilities, as well as your work experience and extracurricular activities. This will make it easier to prepare a detailed resume. But if you don't have the necessary skills or time, you can use an excellent online resource https://resumeedge.com/social-profile where anyone can get help writing the right resume that will increase your chances for getting a job.
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by Jenismith(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Thanks, team Ace4sure for preparing real exam dumps. It not only shortened my preparation period but also helped me to get high flying numbers while doing 8 hours job in my office. Highly motivated, highly recommended to all my colleagues to try Ace4sure C_FIORDEV_21 real exam questions and answers to pass it in maiden attempt.
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by Athos99: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
Thank you for sharing
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by ArnasPatterson: 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2023
The team at custom term paper writing service possesses a profound understanding of academic writing's unique challenges.
Re: The Structures Of An Essay by Frimen: 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2023
I think that I will be able to recommend you some services! I'm a student too and I often have problems with writing various assignments, I tried to learn how to do it and I have read a lot of different books but it didn't help me. That's why I decided to ask this essay maker for some help, and they have helped me so fast! I strongly advise you to read some reviews on the Internet and just use their service after as you will you see it on your own. Good luck my friend.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get 2.5gb For N350 On 9mobile / No More Visa Appointments At The German Consulate General Nigeria | Way Forward / First Ever Physics Textbook Written In Igbo By An Ebonyi Man Is Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.