Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,742 members, 7,941,811 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza (1987 Views)

REVEALED: Gov Okezie Victor Ikpeazu's Visit To The US / REVEALED: Gov. Shettima, IGP, DSS Held Peace Talks With 11 Boko Haram Commanders / Fashola 's Problem In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by jara: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza
huhuadmin

Facts have emerged about an alleged financial recklessness on the part of the Lagos State government headed by Governor Babatunde Fashola.For almost four years that the governor has been at the helms of affair in the state, his administration has made it a policy to keep secret every financial dealing relating to the state.

But the revelations show huge contract inflation and financial recklessness.

Among these is the cost of the demolition of the collapsed Bank of Industry which the government allegedly put at a whooping N1.5 billion.

Huhuonline.com learnt that the rehabilitation of two kilometres portion of the Funsho Williams Road, formally known as Western Avenue, cost the government N7.7 billion.

The LASU-Iba Road, a project handled by the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCEC) which contract was first awarded by former governor Bola Tinubu at the cost of N5 billion was jerked up by another N5 billion by the current administration. Yet the company did a shoddy job as few months after the construction, a part of it caved in forcing the members of the State House of Assembly to raise alarm.

The awareness that residents of the state have knowledge of the substandard project has been the reason the project has not been commissioned since completion.

Huhuonline.com also learnt that the governor who is alleged to have spent N2 trillion in the past four years, claims he spent a mind boggling N5.2billion on the renovation of the City Hall which was gutted by fire sometime ago. The structure was only rehabilitated and not rebuilt.

Controversy is still trailing the state government's purchase of a helicopter at the cost of N5billion the sand-filling of the Badagry-Marina foreshore was done at the sum of N1.5billion without transparent bidding process even as the State Assembly was not considered before the project was embarked upon.

The governor in the midst of the controversy had stated that the helicopter was meant for security in the state.

The state governor has also been accused of giving out N250million to the Rotimi Akeredolu-led executives of the Nigerian Bar Association, N420million of tax payers money to hire private security for just six months and another N135million to fuel 225 vehicles within six months.

Fashola had further allegedly spent N290million to send text messages and make phone calls in six months just as he also allegedly spent N1.5billion in the demolition of the Oshodi Market to ease traffic congestion in the area.

In the last six months, N183million was spent on press coverage for the state government while N600million was allegedly spent in the last two years for Christmas decoration in the state.

Some unspecified organisations have received grants and subventions totalling N2billion according to a statement released to Huhuonline.com by sources close to power.

The governor, who has also allegedly spent $62million for a CCTV project which has not been seen to be executed and another N100million to produce a documentary on him is said to always earmark N30million per trip for the governor's wife for six trips per year.

All these, last year, forced the state House of Assembly to set up a probe panel to investigate some of the allegation which was first blown open by some people privy to the financial dealings in the state.

Twice, the House set up panels and twice they were stopped by a court sitting in the state after a lawyer, Bamidele Aturu, sought the court for a perpetual injunction to stop the house from carrying out its proposed investigation.

A lawmaker confided in Huhuonline.com that majority of the allegations may be true as the House has a dossier of financial dealings in the state under the current governor.

"Does it not baffle you that he has been frustrating us from carrying out our oversight functions of investigating him?" He asked. "If we do, the lid would be blown open and Lagosians would know that the saint is not actually what he claims to be."

Also, early this year, at a legislative get-together at Speaker Adeyemi Ikuforiji's official residence, the number one lawmaker in the state accused the state executive arm of corruption adding that its officials were more corrupt than the legislators.

The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ade Dosunmu, has also thrown the questions before the governor.

In his case, he alleged that the state government earmarked N50billion for the construction of 50 kilometres of the Lekki-Epe Expressway. Only six of the entire stretch of the road has so far been constructed.

Two of the state government officials contacted for the reaction of the government said they were in no position to say anything. The Commissioner for Information, Opeyemi Bamidele, who was supposed to react, has resigned to pursue his House of Representatives ambition on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Ekiti state.
Comments Add New Search RSS
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
Can you compare Ogun state or any other states under PDP rule financial spending to Lagos,can they justify their spendings, any tangible project to account for?
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by EkoIle1: 3:07am On Mar 16, 2011
2 trillion ke? Awon oloshi buruku.

How freeking much is the state budget gan to start with? Fashola dey print money inside house ni?
?
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by ekubear1: 3:27am On Mar 16, 2011
Can we have a credible news source, please?

Seems mostly like wild accusation.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Ikengawo: 6:09am On Mar 16, 2011
Can you compare Ogun state or any other states under PDP rule financial spending to Lagos,can they justify their spendings, any tangible project to account for?
but your state has 0 progress and Lagos has seen serious on the ground improvement
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by BabaEleko(m): 6:54am On Mar 16, 2011
Huhuonline.com Hehehe grin grin grin more like Whowhoonline.com
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by vincent10(m): 7:19am On Mar 16, 2011
But Fashola is an "honourable man"
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by faustyy2: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2011
i subscribe to your site and i found it one of the best updating sites over here, thanks for sharing and keeping us updated,
http://www.onlinecheck.com/business_cash_advance.html merchant cash advance
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by segelee: 7:26am On Mar 16, 2011
May be nd may be not but let him be open to investigations nd thank God for foi bill,all will soon let loose but all in all fashola is a performer.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Bisijohn: 8:02am On Mar 16, 2011
Propagandist! We all know your antics. It won't work. We are living witnesses to dividends of democracy in Lagos, which can not happen in other PDP infectious states. Leave Fashola and Lagos alone. He will surely win,look elsewhere. Your antics and propanders can work.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Lagosboy: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2011
Nigerians should not be carried away with Fasholas work in Lagos. This allegation is serious and in any civilised country it would be investigated. Nigerians get the kind of leaders they deserve because we worship mediocrity and we love mediocrity. A governor uses your money to construct roads and you sing his praises.

True Fashola has performed more than other governors but then again Lagos can never be compared to other states in terms of the IGR and investments in Lagos.

I know many insiders in the Lagos govts and the financial recklessness is very true and many guys have hit it big time working in the gov office. If Fashola was to stand trial in a civilised country for abuse of office, unlawful acqusisition of wealth he would be sent to kirikiri i tell you.

However in a country of blid people the one eyed man is king , there is no option to Fashola now in the race and so he deserves to be re elected again.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2011
With fashola has done in lagos, if evidence comes up that he stole $2bn I'll still be behind him. Let another state gov in nigeria who thinks he's prudent stand up to compare projects executed.

There are some govs in this country that their 4yrs project will fit into their campaign poster. If Fashola decides to do his campaign poster in this format, then its most likely that the poster will be a 200 page calender cool
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by EkoIle1: 10:17am On Mar 16, 2011
Lagosboy:

Nigerians should not be carried away with Fasholas work in Lagos. This allegation is serious and in any civilised country it would be investigated. Nigerians get the kind of leaders they deserve because we worship mediocrity and we love mediocrity. A governor uses your money to construct roads and you sing his praises.

True Fashola has performed more than other governors but then again Lagos can never be compared to other states in terms of the IGR and investments in Lagos.

I know many insiders in the Lagos govts and the financial recklessness is very true and many guys have hit it big time working in the gov office. If Fashola was to stand trial in a civilised country for abuse of office, unlawful acqusisition of wealth he would be sent to kirikiri i tell you.

However in a country of blid people the one eyed man is king , there is no option to Fashola now in the race and so he  deserves to be re elected again.

And can you compare Lagos State to the same other states in terms of population and infrastructural demand to serve 18 million people?

Your lousy IGR boils down to some crappy 2 billion dollars/yr budget that's not enough to take care of anything talk less one of the most populated  and challenging state  in the world.

How many states in Nigeria is constructing a metro rail system?

How many states in Nigeria is constructing a 10 lave freeway with metro rail and BRT access in Africa talk less Nigeria?

How many states is constructing the most sophisticated and modern bridge in Nigeria?

How many states is investing in Nigeria is safer or investing in security than Lagos state?

Who do you think is paying hundreds of thousands state workers from teachers to ministry workers, state agencies and garbage collectors?

Who do you think is paying state utilities from electricity to petrol, papers, pencils and other state supplies all over the state?

Fashola just hired 507 teachers just yesterday to join more than over 20,000 teachers around the state, who do you think is going to be paying their monthly salary?

Fashola Meets 507 Newly Employed Graduate Teachers
…Says commitment to participation by everyone irrespective of origin proven once again

Mar 14, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Monday met the 507 new graduate trainees of the Special Intervention Programme on Education, saying their engagement underscores the philosophy of the present administration to give everybody who chooses to live in Lagos an opportunity to participate irrespective of their State of origin.

We see what what Fashola is doing with the state's money, you need to go ask cross rivers state with a higher budget than Lagos state and just 5 million population and less demand what they are doing with all that money.

It's really sad that some of you run a round talking crap and try to sound reasonable and intelligent, but the fact that your silly nonsense doesn't jive with facts and realities on the ground makes you sound clueless and d/umb.

Eko o ni baje lai lai
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Lagosboy: 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Eko ile,

The issue here is not about projects, the issue here is not about perfomance as well per se rather the issue here is about transparency, about abuse of office about financial misappropiration. These are grave allegations, inflation of contracts is a crime under any law. We are as a people have the right to demand transparency in our tax payers money is untilised. There has to be public tendering of contracts.

I have never said Fashola has not done well and i would in fact vote for him but what i am saying is we should not be contented with mediocrity in terms of governance as a whole. Let us raise the bar in how we assess our leaders in order to have a higher level of development.

You talked of a metro system, 10 high lane and i say there is no state that needs a metro system or 10 lane highway within the state apart from Kano state . Comparison of Lagos state can only be done with perhaps Kano state. The Metro sys has been under plan since Jakandes time but it is wonderful it is now coming to fruition.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
blink182:

With fashola has done in lagos, if evidence comes up that he stole $2bn I'll still be behind him.

You should pls listen to yourself. its people like you that give nigeria a bad name. fashola is working fine , nobody is doubting that. because he is working and robbing the state blind, we should all look the other way abi. angry
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

You should pls listen to yourself. its people like you that give nigeria a bad name. fashola is working fine , nobody is doubting that. because he is working and robbing the state blind, we should all look the other way abi. angry
Oh yes my friend I'll still support him, the governor of delta state that is proving to be mister prudent has nothing to show yet will not hear people hear word. If not fashola and Oshiomole nigerians will never have known that its possible to achieve this much within a short time. He's working, let him shop. I believe in the principle of workshop. Not no work but steady flexing.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Mariory(m): 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
I can't stop laughing. Yes about a month to the election they are only now "alerting" us to financial state of Lagos. You clowns must think we are stup!d. Fashola and ACN are coming back for another 4 years pure and simple.

After the elections, please do come back with your "sources" and previleged "information". Then we will help you raise petitions with the appropiate investigative bodies. Until then, take your PDP crap and shove it high and hard up your a$$.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mariory:

I can't stop laughing. Yes about a month to the election they are only now "alerting" us to financial state of Lagos. You clowns must think we are stup!d. Fashola and ACN are coming back for another 4 years pure and simple.

After the elections, please do come back with your "sources" and previleged "information". Then we will help you raise petitions with the appropiate investigative bodies. Until then, take your PDP crap and shove it high and hard up your a$$.
Loooooooooool, it never occurred to me that it may be because of election they're pulling these stunts. I'm waiting for Fashola to finish his second term and then run for presidency.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
blink182:

Oh yes my friend I'll still support him, the governor of delta state that is proving to be mister prudent has nothing to show yet will not hear people hear word. If not fashola and Oshiomole nigerians will never have known that its possible to achieve this much within a short time. He's working, let him shop. I believe in the principle of workshop. Not no work but steady flexing.

Pls name one thing oshiomole has done in edo state since he got into office?
Mariory:

i dont wanna get into a war of words wiff you. people like you make me sick to my stomach. get a life fool. angry
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Lagosboy: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
This allegation have been around since December 2009 and nothing to do with election. Let us be objective and not carried away. Politiicans tap into our weakness and rob us blind while we think some are saints. The only incurrpotible politican i can vouch for is Muhamadu Buhari!!
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Mariory(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

i dont wanna get into a war of words wiff you. people like you make me sick to my stomach. get a life fool. angry

Then you should have kept your useless pie hole shut. Fool!

Lagosboy:

This allegation have been around since December 2009 and nothing to do with election. Let us be objective and not carried away. Politiicans tap into our weakness and rob us blind while we think some are saints. The only incurrpotible politican i can vouch for is Muhamadu Buhari!!

What allegation has been around since December 2009. There are several allegations there.
I don't think anybody is a saint.

So you can vouch for Buhari huh? That's great. What about all the allegations against Buhari? What makes you and Buhari so special that allegations against him in your opinion are automatically voided but, those against others must have some truth to them? Note that it is not a trick question.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Lagosboy: 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mariory:

Then you should have kept your useless pie hole shut. Fool!

What allegation has been around since December 2009. There are several allegations there.
I don't think anybody is a saint.

So you can vouch for Buhari huh? That's great. What about all the allegations against Buhari? What makes you and Buhari so special that allegations against him in your opinion are automatically voided but, those against others must have some truth to them? Note that it is not a trick question.

Could you post the allegation against Buhari here for us to see. How come Fashola went to court twice to stop the house from probing him , in any civilised country a governor wouldl never do that. Governor of new york resigned just because he patronised prostittutes and the story was blown open.

Even Buharis antagonist have never proven any corruoption allegation to him. The most popular thing is 2.8 billion missing in the late 70s which was laughable
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Mariory(m): 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lagosboy:

Could you post the allegation against Buhari here for us to see. How come Fashola went to court twice to stop the house from probing him , in any civilised country a governor wouldl never do that. Governor of new york resigned just because he patronised prostittutes and the story was blown open.

Even Buharis antagonist have never proven any corruoption allegation to him. The most popular thing is 2.8 billion missing in the late 70s which was laughable

What the hell has the Governor of New York got to do with it? If he went to prostitues then it was right he resigned. What has that got to do with allegations against Fashola?

First of all, if they follow the correct process, then a court should not be able to stop a probe by the house. Second of all, in a civilised society, allegations do not equal guilt.
Thirdly, why are they trying to get the house to probe him if not to instigate a political scandal and force his position to be untenable. Why can't they use the EFCC or the ICPC? The EFCC says it is currently investigating thanks to the so called true face of Lagos. So why try to get the House invovled if it isn't political?
http://thewillnigeria.com/business/4279-Lagos-Probe-Fashola-Trouble-EFCC-Arrests-Olowolofe-Olatunji.html
http://thewillnigeria.com/business/4243-EFCC-Intensifies-Fasholas-Probe.html
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/43950/1/We-wont-sweep-petition-against-Fashola-under-carpet-says-Waziri-/Page1.html

Lagosboy:

Could you post the allegation against Buhari here for us to see. Even Buharis antagonist have never proven any corruoption allegation to him. The most popular thing is 2.8 billion missing in the late 70s which was laughable

I don't know who Buharis' so called antagonists are. But I do know mans' history. As regards to allegations
http://www.dawodu.com/oputa1.pdf (pages 50 and 88)
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103161253185
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka
http://www.africamasterweb.com/AdSense/NgerianMilitrayRulersBlamed.html

And apparently Buhari also said this
http://grandioseparlor.com/2008/06/10-years-later-abacha-did-not-loot-nigeria-ibb-and-buhari/

How about this
http://cdnedge.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1668858.stm

Since you seem to think all allegations should be taken seriously, I ask you again why are the allegations against Buhari laughable in your opinion?
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by recoome(m): 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
RICHIE BOI:

Pls name one thing oshiomole has done in edo state since he got into office?

i wonder o!! I just left my grand ma in edo after spending 1 mnth there, i went round d state and every thing is still the same, except that everyone now holds a broom, thuggery reigns supreme, and market women are being beaten by task force officials.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
recoome:

i wonder o!! I just left my grand ma in edo after spending 1 mnth there, i went round d state and every thing is still the same, except that everyone now holds a broom, thuggery reigns supreme, and market women are being beaten by task force officials.

tnx mate. u dey mind that fool they call mariory or whatever hes called. let him keep running his mouth like an internet thug that he is.  at least you can testify to what i have just said.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by EkoIle1: 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lagosboy:

@Eko ile,

The issue here is not about projects, the issue here is not about perfomance as well per se rather the issue here is about transparency, about abuse of office about financial misappropiration. These are grave allegations, inflation of contracts is a crime under any law. We are as a people have the right to demand transparency in our tax payers money is untilised. There has to be public tendering of contracts.

I have never said Fashola has not done well and i would in fact vote for him but what i am saying is we should not be contented with mediocrity in terms of governance as a whole. Let us raise the bar in how we assess our leaders in order to have a higher level of development.

You talked of a metro system, 10 high lane and i say there is no state that needs a metro system or 10 lane highway within the state apart from Kano state . Comparison of Lagos state can only be done with perhaps Kano state. The Metro sys has been under plan since    Jakandes time but it is wonderful it is now coming to fruition.

It's not about projects, it's not about performance, but it's about transparency. How do you achieve all those without some elements of transparency? You can not be successful in all three without transparency.

The budget and breakdowns is on the state's websites, the whole budget process and project process is also there, the state commissioner for budget and planning holds town halls talking about the state's financial activities, but the only definition of transparency you people know about is your own brand of agenda based transparency.

You are not fooling Lagoons with all that nonsense, you are fooling yourselves.

And I asked you the question about the other state for straight forward answers  not what Jakande tried to do and was unable to do decades ago, your argument is about Fashola and what's he's spending, not about Jakande, just stick to the issues and quit dancing around.

So you agreed that the state need a metro system, but since you here blabbing about fashola is stealing or wasting money, is the contractor building these projects free of charge?

You people run your mouth as if Lagos state is what it is today because it's spending stones and not money.

And what about the new 507 teachers? Is the governor going to pay them out of his pocket?

This is why I don't respect or take you people and your silly and sinister allegations seriously.

You people act as if this IGR is some mother load of money when in fact it's chump change in terms of the state's obligation and population.

Please go find something better to do with your time,
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by ekubear1: 12:51am On Mar 17, 2011
Evidence will not be provided, I guess. . .
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by onyengbu: 1:00am On Mar 17, 2011
Babapupa/eko ile,
sometimes you should try and open your mind for reasong.

Fashola is mere mortal, u know.
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by EkoIle1: 3:13am On Mar 17, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Babapupa/eko ile,
sometimes you should try and open your mind for reasong.

Fashola is mere mortal, u know.

When was the last time you opened your mind?

Let me tell you why you and the other disgruntled elements are the unreasonable lots.

1. You can not dispute any of the points I made in this thread because they are all facts

2. It is very idiotic and unreasonable to foolishly accuse people without the smallest piece of credible evidence.

3. And even if there is the tiniest evidence of wrong doing, why not take your case to the court of law along with your evidence?     

4. Some of us are reasonable people because we not only have facts to back up our utterances, we are also not gullible mumu swallowing every dumb and ridiculous political rubbish thrown out by disgruntled clowns.

5. People like you are free to open mouth and swallow every baseless and unproven rubbish, but don't expect others to.

Now, you see how silly and unreasonable you all sound?
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by onyengbu: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

When was the last time you opened your mind?

Let me tell you why you and the other disgruntled elements are the unreasonable lots.

1. You can not dispute any of the points I made in this thread because they are all facts

2. It is very idiotic and unreasonable to foolishly accuse people without the smallest piece of credible evidence.

3. And even if there is the tiniest evidence of wrong doing, why not take your case to the court of law along with your evidence?     

4. Some of us are reasonable people because we not only have facts to back up our utterances, we are also not gullible mumu swallowing every dumb and ridiculous political rubbish thrown out by disgruntled clowns.

5. People like you are free to open mouth and swallow every baseless and unproven rubbish, but don't expect others to.

Now, you see how silly and unreasonable you all sound?

Now, you are hyperventilating again.

To flip you on is very easy -- just mention fashola and you will go up in flames!
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by onyengbu: 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Now, you are hyperventilating again.

To flip you on is very easy -- just mention fashola and you will go up in flames!

To flip you on is very easy -- just mention fashola or igbo and you will go up in flames!

<----FIXED IT -----> grin
Re: Revealed! Gov. Fashola`s Financial Extravaganza by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 21, 2011
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Endorses Kinsman To Succeed Ringim As Police Ig / Nigeria: NNPC Staff Recruitment Lopsided ~bayelsa 11, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto Zero. / How Polo Park Shopping Mall Enugu Turned A Tourist Center.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.