Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,443 members, 7,978,405 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:59 AM

Every Nigerian Female Student Should Watch This Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Every Nigerian Female Student Should Watch This Movie (483 Views)

Top Five (5) Nollywood Movies You Should Watch Out For In 2020 / 10 Interesting Season Films You Should Watch / One Reason Every Nigerian Should Watch KWESÉ TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Every Nigerian Female Student Should Watch This Movie by amsalisu: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hi, this is Salisu from Varsity.ng, let's talk about a movie!

cool

I must confess that before I watched the new movie of one of Nigeria’s legendary producers, Kunle Afolayan on Netflix, I put a status up on WhatsApp that I was going to drop my review like I always do after watching any widely talked about movie.

After making the status, I dashed to Netflix to binge on the expensive cake served fresh out of the oven. This cake could be judged to be expensive because of its standard of production and casting. This cake is none other than the newly released 2020 film sensation, Citation.

However, after watching the movie, I couldn’t but make a comprehensive review of it for Varsity so as to reach a wider audience. Hence, this long review.

I’m a fan of classic Nigerian movies. Seeing our indigenous movies having a field day in the black continent and international market gives hope and joy to me. Ritually, Kunle Afolayan has always been raising the standards of Nollywood film productions. This informed my decision to leave all the foreign movies lining up on my MX Player to see the Citation.

In addition, Citation came with a break from the norm of regular Nigerian actors taking the lead role. The daughter of one of Nigerian billionaires made her debut outing with this classic movie. Temi Otedola, daughter of Femi Otedola, took a break from her fashion empire to make a classic appearance in the movie.

The question hanging over my head on just how she got the lead role could only be answered by Kunle Afolayan himself who enlisted the cast. But for a fact, her appearance as the lead act gave the movie the boost and trends it’s receiving. Yoruba people would say, “Eni nla ninshe oun nla” (Big people do big things).

The movie’s theme

Being someone who loves thematic movies with strong messages, I say that with passion: the movie Citation left me grinning from ear to ear as I watched every scene. This is because the movie came in handy in a country that’s yet to get over the unraveling of a menace that has eaten deep into the fiber of our tertiary institutions.

Kindly head over to my blog to read the rest on the review �� https://varsity.ng/citation-2020-movie-review-a-movie-every-nigerian-female-students-should-watch/

(1) (Reply)

Wonder Woman Is Pregnant Again!!! / Mimi The Movie Premieres May 13 / How Do I Go About My Startimes Decorder I Stopped Using?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.