Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,104 members, 7,973,727 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:41 AM

NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ (10938 Views)

What Is The NSE Circuit Breaker And Why Was It Activated On 12Nov2020? / Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance / MTN Nigeria Gains N184b On First Day Of Trading On The NSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by unscripted(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
hardbody:
Lazy Yoots.....They do not even understand what is being said here. So no Comments. Very soon some will come and blame Ipod, others will say it is South West and others yet will come and blame the northern block. Issues that border on market indices is an area that they know nothing, absolutely nothing about.

Do not come for me ooo, I am not even feeling well.
but you saw many persons asking for an explanation, the best you could have done is explain for easy comprehension ..

5 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by livebyday(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wetin den dey try talk be say

You know as sometimes your phone go misbehave and you go restart am?

Na the same thing here except say this one na for Stock exchange where Dem dey sell shares.

E get as the market dey be that day maybe some stocks dey rise one kin and some come dey fall one kin wey no follow pattern so to be sure say mago mago no dey the oga for stock exchange go reset am make e for balance and during this reset stock wey dey for sell no fit change to buy or stock for buy no fit change to sell but you fit cancel any buy or sell.

Na wetin dis circuit breaker be about

10 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Philipxxxx0: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2020
banom:
Nice strategy. Watch as most Nigerian youths will avoid this post as most of them lack the knowledge of finance in general and financial trading in particular. Ignorance is one of the greatest problems we have as black people.
who takes Nigeria stock exchange serious, when the youth are making millions in cryptocurrency trading.
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
LibertyRep:

Thank you.

You are welcome
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by InvertedHammer: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
/
The NSE has called attention to itself. Big corporations will use this opportunity to lock in profits. The little guys will jump in with the euphoria of bullish market near term because of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and get wiped out long-term. Don’t buy at the top of the market. Common sense.
/

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by donprinyo(m): 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
Don't waste your money on Nigerian stocks, ordinary rule of law the can't guarantee anyone.
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Philipxxxx0:
who takes Nigeria stock exchange serious, when the youth are making millions in cryptocurrency trading.

Lol....bro they are not in a competition. If you understand stock trade stock, if you understand crypto currency trade it, if you understand real estate flip or invest in it, if you understand forex trade it. In the end, it's all about making money in a way you can. And while you know Nigeria youths are making millions from crypto, it is also important you know traders and investors are making billions in stock. In the end, do the one you know, or better still, learn more.

7 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
donprinyo:
Don't waste your money on Nigerian stocks, ordinary rule of law the can't guarantee anyone.

Very ignorant and unpatriotic comment from you.

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Nyanabo(m): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
banom:

Because you are ignorant of financial trading

My Friend no de form oversabi. you can learn someone without insulting their level of intelligence on a particular subject.

Mind you, you are also a 'dummy' in someone else's area of expertise. So why raising your shoulders ?
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
banom:
Nice strategy. Watch as most Nigerian youths will avoid this post as most of them lack the knowledge of finance in general and financial trading in particular. Ignorance is one of the greatest problems we have as black people.
Oya educate us
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by IMAliyu(m): 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
The NSE has called attention to itself. Big corporations will use this opportunity to lock in profits. The little guys will jump in with the euphoria of bullish market near term because of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and get wiped out long-term. Don’t buy at the top of the market. Common sense.
/
I think that's why they have the breakers.
A market moving 5% up in Just 30min is no small thing.
And something I've learned is that when a market moves up this quickly in a short period of time, it crashes even harder. As the big boys start cashing out.

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by cutievik: 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
banom:

Lol....bro they are not in a competition. If you understand stock trade stock, if you understand crypto currency trade it, if you understand real estate flip or invest in it, if you understand forex trade it. In the end, it's all about making money in a way you can. And while you know Nigeria youths are making millions from crypto, it is also important you know traders and investors are making billions in stock. In the end, do the one you know, or better still, learn more.
Respect bro, respect, can i contact you via mail..I would really appreciate.
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by einsteine(m): 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
Skynet45:
shocked shocked shocked
Nigeria stock has been on a rally for a while now. Time to invest in the stock market

So you buy when it is on a rally and sell when it is crashing?

Not a great recipe to make money.

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
NOW THAT THE FOOLISH ONES HAVE FILLED FRONT PAGE WITH THEIR NONSENSE COMMENTS WHERE WILL THE INTELLIGENT ONES TYPE.

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

I think that's why have the breakers.
A market moving 5% up in Just 30min is no small thing.
And something I've learned is that when a market moves up this quickly in a short period of time, it crashes even harder. As the big boys start cashing out.
Hmm okay which means some sort of intervention in the market. So it is not allowed to freely float both on the upside and downside. Thanks for the information.
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by hmohammed(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
Heffalump:
NSE is the worst performing stock market in the world in 2020. What a record!

Not impressive!! undecided

If you don't know something, you can keep shot and discuss other things.

Foreigners are making trillions off Nigerians because we don't take our time to educate ourselves. FYI, I made millions from this news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Ekpekus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
It was a good day for investors grin
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Ekpekus(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
Skynet45:
shocked shocked shocked
Nigeria stock has been on a rally for a while now. Time to invest in the stock market
Those that invested during the lockdown are reaping mega bucks now..

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Ekpekus(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
drLammy:

You're Jonzing bruh
Tell him
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
cutievik:

Respect bro, respect, can i contact you via mail..I would really appreciate.

Drop me your email or digit let me contact you
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Ekpekus(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
/
You are a trader.. judging from your moniker
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by richeeyo(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
I swear i nor get wetin i fit yarn for this kind topic

Ogbeni....nor dey foam smart..
Area of specialization nor dey exist for where you dey
He meant fools like you
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by ajaymina(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr Isoright... I swear i nor get wetin i fit yarn for this kind topic

Ogbeni....nor dey foam smart.. Area of specialization nor dey exist for where you dey

No mind that psychiatric home escapee!
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by KaluwisxPRO: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2020
Imagine a circuit break for ordinary %5 surge, complete fraud going on by the limitations of daily margin. NSE needs to see how stocks are moving %1000 on NYSE and NASDAQ turning millennials to Millionaires with the bare minimum. Then they frown at youngsters making a killing trading foreign stocks....labeling everyone a Yahoo boy

1 Like

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by gymer(m): 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2020
LibertyRep:
The OP or any other person will do well to educate us on the implication of this ' circuit breaker ' on the economy of the country and that of the average Nigerian.
Thank you.

The market has been bullish meaning that many are investing in the capital market and it is a sign that the economy is picking up. The market actually closed at 6.23% today after the break. This is the first time in the history of the Nation for the ASI to climb above 5% in a single day. The Nigerian market is actually one of the best performing market in the World as at today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by gymer(m): 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
Heffalump:

Actually one of the best in the World as at today.

2 Likes

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by drLammy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Can someone please introduce me to any thread on cryptotradint here or anywhere Pls

Thanks
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
gymer:

The market has been bullish meaning that many are investing in the capital market and it is a sign that the economy is picking up. The market actually closed at 6.23% today after the break. This is the first time in the history of the Nation for the ASI to climb above 5% in a single day. The Nigerian market is actually one of the best performing market in the World as at today.
Where do we trade nigeria stock
Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by banom(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
uruba23:

Oya educate us

First of all, I must admit that the op posted the post without first taking into account of the fact that majority of the people here will not understand what he was saying. It takes only stock traders and investors to easily grab what he was saying. In that regard, he failed, because he didn't break things down enough for lay men to understand.

That said, let me help you understand what what he said...... . The simplest example to use is your Android phone. Observe when your phone gets over used , it will get hot and start hanging, to make it start working normal again, you either stop using it for the moment, or you simply restart or reset it.That is what "circuit breaker " is.

It is called so because the idea was taking from electrical technology as a response to often the activities of quant traders that often leads to stock market crashes. At that moment of resetting, current stops flowing and the heat gets reduced.

In the stock market, when for instance there is massive selling ( shorting of stock) which when left unchecked can trigger market crash, the market regulators can apply circuit breaker by halting any further trading activities for some moments in order for traders to reassess their positions and market outlook. This can help halt the craze and make the market return to normalcy again. Just like your phone will start working properly again after you restart or reset it.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ by Ekpoma25: 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2020
With about 30% positive returns (gain) Year-to-date?

Which market is better then?

Heffalump:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Investors Meet In January On Brass LNG, Uncertainty Looms Over OKLNG / Money Lending: 8 Essential Things You Must Know. / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.