Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,878 members, 7,899,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians (23229 Views)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
9jayes:
OP can lie, my gf works inside this company
for the fact that ur gf works there doesn't mean what was said up there is a lie.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
JERRY1925:
Nigeria and cry cry.
If there is a country taking other people jobs.. Na Nigerians.
We full Every corner of the world.
Small job wey other country they take we they complain.
read it again and see why Nigerians are complaining
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
dvkot:
I dont see any big deal here cos if Nigerians complain about a foreigner taking jobs, than what are south Africans, Canadians and UK going to say about we taking any jobs in their land
Uk, Canada gives jobs on merits..u must have residency permit and citizen for certain jobs, in Nigeria these guys don't stay here, they come onboard and stay the duration of their contracts and fly off to holiday in their countries and return for new contracts.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
fashrola:

I swear for our maritime industry is so messed up!!!

Imagine a Captain (Nigerian) with DP certificate is paid 1.8-2.5 Million per month

Then his back to back is paid equivalent of 4.5 - 5 million Naira per month

Even when the Nigerian Captain has more experience and good ship manouverring experience

I'm just pissed off that I'm paid peanuts but foreigners are paid 3X more... It's saddening
this is my first time hearing a Nigerian captain is paid 2.5m naira.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
zedman1:
Just like the South Africans and Trump complaining that Nigerians were taking their jobs and we were crying fowl then, we too should not complain now. The world as it stands is filled with merry go round events.
we are not complain, we want them to stop employing them to the back door and have everything to apply and tested for the position. They should also have a standard for paying everyone according to IMO regulations, not having one standard of payment for Nigerians which they pay us peanut and a IMO standard payment system they use in paying foreigners.
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
7lives:

Shebi Nigerians are always complacent and casual about everything, let the serious Indians have the jobs jor.
From the old stale books that we study this country's universities, to settling the ways through university instead of studying.
Hard way is the only way, personal development is the key, the only way to compete with the expatriate, is to get seriously educated simple.
in Maritime sector we are seriously educated in the field of our profession
Re: LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians by o42austino(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

When are you ignorant people get tired of blaming leadership? Leadership! leadership!
Are the masses normal? Are the people of the country normal? Are the leaders foreigners?
Despite the bad economy and systems have the Nigerian people stopped making unnecessary babies? Breeding people into a world of poverty and frustration?
leadership is everything ooo, if u have a very knowledgeable president he should know that people should man the government agency they are practicing. For us to get the Maritime sector right, government must make sure that only seafarers should head NIMASA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank / I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / Being A Graduate Is Not Enough! You Need Skills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.